mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

///MG

Just pretend the /// is an A :P

///\MG??

I like it

Today Gavin goes back with the BITCH and I won't see him for several days. :bull:

Yea situtations like that really suck!

Boo, indeed.

Got to work early for a meeting... Felt like crap but I did it.

Meeting is on Monday... not today

I hate reading posts by Don because all I do is feel sick with how much time/money I completely wasted deadening my truck. Makes me want to do a new project just to redeem myself. *Looks at Saturn*

This morning I felt super hungover. I haven't had a drink in 2 days

Just throw the Saturn away. :P

I can't throw away 36 em pee jeez

///MG

Just pretend the /// is an A :P

///\MG??

I like it

Looks about right

AMG.jpg

You drive enough where paying for double insurance, double repairs and maintenance, and double depreciation is cheaper than just driving the truck?

I almost forgot how psychotic kryptonitewhite's build logs were...

Lol. Pic of the ML just seems wrong.

Photoshop an M5 badge on there. That would be hillarious.

You drive enough where paying for double insurance, double repairs and maintenance, and double depreciation is cheaper than just driving the truck?

Hmm I'll have to look into it.

I don't pay for insurance, but I know my parents put me as the primary driver of the Saturn with only liability so it helps instead of me being on the full coverage truck.

A lot of my repairs are dirt cheap because of the free labor and sometimes cheap parts from the auto parts store So far I have replaced the clutch and recharged the AC.

As far as depreciation, I only payed $1200 for the car with 70K 3 years ago.

I conservatively average 2x the gas mileage (I get 2.9 times the gas mileage driving my truck 70-80 on the highway compared to driving my car 65) and with my truck I think I average around $450 a month. So its an easy $225 savings a month (up to $2700 a year)

Start factoring it in for road trips and you're saving about $50 in fuel a trip

other misc factors....

I love driving a standard car

Wet+E-brake = fun

Sometimes I just like the change

Keep it because you want it not because it's smart. The truck by itself would be cheeper.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you make it through the wall.

If you sold the saturn and took that money to buy a chip, and slowed down from 70-80 to the 65 you drive in the car you would get at least 15% better MPG, and probably better. You won't have to change oil x2 or tabs etc.

I've thought about buying a low MPG vehicle to replace the expy but I do the math over and over and my best attempt at working the numbers would only save about 200 bucks a year. And that's assuming I change the insurance on the truck and some other less viable options.... and it didn't factor in realistic tire prices.

Truck is already tuned.

AND... Theoretically my regular maintenance expenses are the same because I'm only driving one or the other. (e.g. put 5k on truck and 10k on car, or 15k on truck)

the same could be said for repairs but I know thats not true.

I also have a crotch rocket in the garage that can get me around, so meh

That theory only has one flaw, you should still change your oil every 3-4 months. Battery will last a shorter amount of time the more it sits.

If it's tuned, step up to a turbo. :D

You would probably get a real healthy MPG boost then, and have the option to finally keep up with trucks that have a blue oval on them too!

As I was saying though, if you want the beatermobile then it's a good idea to keep it. Just don't fool yourself into thinking it saves anything.

Well my pockets are lighter.

I guess when you change the skin on your phone you also change in on your pc. Took a little to figure that one out as my kids a laughing at me. Guess it is time dad gets a little tech savvy.