mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

It most likely is the way its prepared, but I've found catfish to be...I dunno, gritty and dirt tasting? Maybe I'm weird :roflmao:

Not how it was prepared, but where it lived. That is the knock on it in general as it takes on its surroundings very strongly and is surely affected flavor wise. The cure? It is a very easily farm raised and sustainable fish. In the farm ponds the fish don't get "dirty"

speaking of food, I came across this: its fried chicken, brined in what is basically sweet tea, lemon and salt.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/cook-the-book-tea-brined-batter-fried-picnic.html

Interesting concept; thoughts? I normally marinate my fried chicken in whole fat buttermilk.

Very common in Asia to use tea in a marinade or brine. One of my favorite fish recipes I do this with.

Sweet/salt is what is necessary in a brine. The reason for the brine is to increase moisture and flavor, the buttermilk on the other hand is trigger enzyme action in the meat. In the middle east they combine the too and do a yogurt/buttermilk brine.

No reason the tea wouldn't work, but basically it is a normal brine with some added flavoring.

Anyone who likes catfish, please respond. . .

I must admit it is a fish I don't eat often, but of course anything that you can do with:

walleye, northern, sunfish, tilipia, snapper etc will work with it.

Have you had anything, seen anything anywhere that you like?

*I'll answer your thread later, thought before I "kill" it I'd see how it develops. :P

My thread will tell you how I normally prepare it. I am just looking for something different.

Thank God its Saturday.

J

speaking of food, I came across this: its fried chicken, brined in what is basically sweet tea, lemon and salt.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/cook-the-book-tea-brined-batter-fried-picnic.html

Interesting concept; thoughts? I normally marinate my fried chicken in whole fat buttermilk.

Very common in Asia to use tea in a marinade or brine. One of my favorite fish recipes I do this with.

Sweet/salt is what is necessary in a brine. The reason for the brine is to increase moisture and flavor, the buttermilk on the other hand is trigger enzyme action in the meat. In the middle east they combine the too and do a yogurt/buttermilk brine.

No reason the tea wouldn't work, but basically it is a normal brine with some added flavoring.

Hmmm, going to have to try that sometime then...

Those patches actually for sale?

the tap rack bang one had me laughing HARD

What are you matching them with?

I was actually going to ask you for an opinion.

How does two 10's in the door(it's said that they are for IB, but if I can get better results I'll gladly make some enclosures) and two full-ranges(left&right) mounted between the A pillar and the dash on axis, sound like? All powered by a sax 100.4D using it's filters. :)

Trying to resist buying another pair of cans...my index finger REALLY wants to do some clicking!

I knew there was a whole chicken in that freezer somewhere; fucking thing is so big you almost need a mining hat. Now to procure oil that will sustain 375+

Vertical array is better if you use full rangers. Realistically if you want that much output horns are your friend

Curious how those faitals that adrian picked up sound though

I've got a pair of these to test out:

http://faitalpro.com...hp?id=401000100

Can't wait to see what they do in place of the FF85k's.

I've heard them in a room and they are pretty nice.

Thanks for the link. Can I order them from that site? yes I am heading to google as we speak.

I have no idea.

A old friend of mine imports them. I went to check up his shop and he had quite a few sets at hand.

Not to mention lots and lots of 12's, 15's and 18's from Faital.

Slow day here.

That happens when I am diverted with something

Ok, Egg head crew assemble!

What accessories should I buy with it? I'm looking at getting the plate setter and a pizza stone, what else should I look at?

Stoker and possibly a rack extender or a half moon grid

p.s. I hate you :)

I am curious about the cast iron grate, particularly the weight vs. the standard grid

Only time I had a chance to molest one the dealer didn't have any cast iron grates on hand, and the default porcelain coated ones were mighty hefty

Vertical array is better if you use full rangers. Realistically if you want that much output horns are your friend

Can you explain what do you mean with vertical array?

Is 200W a piece too much for a mid? I don't want a front that you can't stay in the car if it is all the way up/"open the doors, get the party starting". I'm looking for superb sound throughout the whole listening range(without the lows ofc) that can keep up with one or two 18s in the back if needed. The car will be for my pleasure not for shows, so NO to horns?

What accessories should I buy with it? I'm looking at getting the plate setter and a pizza stone, what else should I look at?

I do hope you plan on teasing us with some pictures of the egg.

Plate setter yes, pizza stone is best purchased as a piece of landscaping slate from Home Depot for $2