mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Saw a set at Ultimate Electronics today for $189

Personally I don't like them, but you might.

Damn, good deal. There going out of business, probably why. At least the ultimate E in my town is...

Yeah pretty preference based... I put some coaxial 6x9 focals in my fathers truck with new hu and amp, big improvement over factory, I think it's a good assumption if I liked those then I'll enjoy these.

With Focal I wouldn't call that a good assumption. They don't sound alike from cheaper to more expensive lines, more so than other brands.

hmmm, thinking about some focal 165 a1s for my doors in a few months. Anyone have any experience with'm

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7755_Focal-165-A1.html

I've never heard a Focal mid I liked. They have some wonderful tweets, but I've not been one for their mids.

Funny you should say that, I'd pick on their tweeters and not the mids although I am not really a fan of either.

Actually probably their crossovers and balancing really, the tweeters might lay down when dealt with right.

I've never used a Focal passive so I have no idea about their networks.

Midrange, tweeters, horns? :WTFBubble:

What should a noob do...

You know the drill. :P

It depends....

:gayhaaay1:

Yes I know, but I don't really know what else to mention. The vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner second generation(Surf in the USA?).

[23:49:37] Dolha Adrian: just tell him you want a fullrange speaker :)

I want a full range speaker, Sean. :P

You might not need a tweet. Try it without and see what you think. If you find yourself needing one, I would suggest a simply small dome, nothing fancy will be needed since it will be the top of the spectrum and such a narrow bandwidth.

I haven't used any, but have heard many installed in cars and even when I was allowed to "tune" them I didn't like what I heard.

Midrange, tweeters, horns? :WTFBubble:

What should a noob do...

You know the drill. :P

It depends....

:gayhaaay1:

Yes I know, but I don't really know what else to mention. The vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner second generation(Surf in the USA?).

[23:49:37] Dolha Adrian: just tell him you want a fullrange speaker :)

I want a full range speaker, Sean. :P

You might not need a tweet. Try it without and see what you think. If you find yourself needing one, I would suggest a simply small dome, nothing fancy will be needed since it will be the top of the spectrum and such a narrow bandwidth.

I find myself loving my full rangers more and more. Wouldn't work so well in a room with any variance in where you sit, but a desk is pretty consistent.

Midbass in the door, midrange in the A-pillar. That's what I'm settled for now.

Will look for some good midrange, so there is no need for a tweeter to cover the high range.

I was just throwing some ideas here, that's for the help guys. I'll probably make a new thread in the future with pictures of the dash and doors, all wrote when my mind is much clearer.

IT's really going to depend on the driver and application, but if you are using just a "normal" midrange, I would venture to say you will definitely need a tweet. With a driver designed for full range, you may not, but if you do, follow the above advice. The automotive environment is so hit or miss, and most people plan and tune while sitting still. Once you are moving, you lose so much information you may find half your system is useless. That's an extreme case of course.

Any opinions on what the best laptop is?

I played with a macbook pro today and was pretty impressed (still not impressed with the price tag)

Of course people play plenty for mac pro but never for top end windows PC (a reason why I think windows gets a bad rap) so I have no top end PC to play with

So something let go in the Saturn shifting linkage. Its now stuck in reverse. It freely moves from R to 5 but its not shifting. I will not move in towards the other gears....

Now I get to ride my bike all week

Got the tires aired up. When I came back home one had popped....

Yay!

no accidents I hope ...

None, happenned backing out of my driveway.

I wouldn't use an Apple product to wipe my ass with, but that's just me

I wouldn't use an Apple product to wipe my ass with, but that's just me

You must have wiped it with my Iphone casue it's been pretty shitty lately.

I only use the best products to wipe my ass. It just so happens, my ex girlfriend's face is the best thing in the world to wipe your ass with.

I only use the best products to wipe my ass. It just so happens, my ex girlfriend's face is the best thing in the world to wipe your ass with.

:roflmao:

Steve does not need any ideas on new crap to market. He already has most of the US brain washed.

I must say it was rather nice today to escape the daily crap today by checking out the HOP.

Seriously. . . You should try it some time. She'll lick it clean and blow it dry.

Seriously. . . You should try it some time. She'll lick it clean and blow it dry.

WOW that is pretty rough.

So today we had a health fair and I had to go. I am 6'2" and weighed 194 lbs today and was told that I need to loose about 10 lbs to be a a healthy weight. Funny shit as I was the smallest person in the room at that time.

I've been told to lose weight to, funny.

I've been told to lose weight to, funny.

Next thing is someone will tell ME I need to loose weight.