mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Beware the power of idiots.

They are multiplying exponentially. I fell Mother Nature getting ready to purge.

Hahah yeah.

Power :(

Something you never have enough of :)

You've never ridden in an over-powered street car?

I have ridden in a couple, but it seems everybody wants more power regardless.

Power :(

Something you never have enough of :)

You've never ridden in an over-powered street car?

NO.

And I want to ride or own one...bad.

Riding will get sorted as soon as a buddy finishes his 455 powered Firechicken...

But it doesn't cure the "own" ich...

Loud music+SSA ....:wub:

For me it is:

M1live + SSA + AutoCAD

With great power comes great.......burnouts!

Eff Yeah!

Brilliant !

Loud music+SSA ....:wub:

For me it is:

M1live + SSA + AutoCAD

Which reminds me...I haven't sent you songs in a long time...

Vertical array is better if you use full rangers. Realistically if you want that much output horns are your friend

Can you explain what do you mean with vertical array?

Is 200W a piece too much for a mid? I don't want a front that you can't stay in the car if it is all the way up/"open the doors, get the party starting". I'm looking for superb sound throughout the whole listening range(without the lows ofc) that can keep up with one or two 18s in the back if needed. The car will be for my pleasure not for shows, so NO to horns?

Not too much, more might even be okay. Depends on those mids.

I don't follow the NO horns yet. Is there a reason you don't want them?

Vertical is two drivers on top of each other instead of besides each other. Think of ANY home audio speaker and the orientation wiht multiple woofers :)

No I didn't mean handling power. Sorry for the confusion, I was asking if it will be too loud of a front(although the 100.4 is 100 watts a channel) and I should just save my money and go with the 8's, and the amp will fit them good too?

When I think of horn I always make a reference to show cars with a front not made for listening, but rather to get loud for the crowd. By I'm probably wrong on many levels tho. I'll do whatever is necessary to achieve the best front possible to my capabilities, install and equipment wise.

Oh... that's what you mean with vertical. So you are saying I should put the mid and whatever other speaker I choose in the door, above the mid?

No, the mids on top of each other in the pillar :)

You can always turn it down if it is too much power. Never something I'd worry about.

No, the mids on top of each other in the pillar :)

You can always turn it down if it is too much power. Never something I'd worry about.

Excuse me, how loud I fit a 10 inch mid in the pillar? :D

The only place I see them is in the door.

I'd call that a midbass ;)

Midrange are the fullrangers you put up top.

Saw a set at Ultimate Electronics today for $189

Personally I don't like them, but you might.

I think the whole confusion started from me not clearing up that I will have one midbass in the door... and me not knowing that midrange is also fullrange in my case.

So you mentioned about vertical array thinking I'll have two 10's in EACH door? Or thinking I'll have two midranges on each side(in the A pillar)(four in total)?

That's not the case. I'll have four speakers in total for my front, each on an amp's channel. One midbass and one midrange on each side. Midbass in the door, midrange in the a pillar aimed at the driver.

LOL. One other comment, pro audio mids play high and perhaps you could just use a tweeter. Might even be better.

Damn, good deal. There going out of business, probably why. At least the ultimate E in my town is...

Yeah pretty preference based... I put some coaxial 6x9 focals in my fathers truck with new hu and amp, big improvement over factory, I think it's a good assumption if I liked those then I'll enjoy these.

hmmm, thinking about some focal 165 a1s for my doors in a few months. Anyone have any experience with'm

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7755_Focal-165-A1.html

I've never heard a Focal mid I liked. They have some wonderful tweets, but I've not been one for their mids.

Midrange, tweeters, horns? :WTFBubble:

What should a noob do...

Damn, good deal. There going out of business, probably why. At least the ultimate E in my town is...

Yeah pretty preference based... I put some coaxial 6x9 focals in my fathers truck with new hu and amp, big improvement over factory, I think it's a good assumption if I liked those then I'll enjoy these.

With Focal I wouldn't call that a good assumption. They don't sound alike from cheaper to more expensive lines, more so than other brands.

hmmm, thinking about some focal 165 a1s for my doors in a few months. Anyone have any experience with'm

I've never heard a Focal mid I liked. They have some wonderful tweets, but I've not been one for their mids.

Funny you should say that, I'd pick on their tweeters and not the mids although I am not really a fan of either.

Actually probably their crossovers and balancing really, the tweeters might lay down when dealt with right.

What should a noob do...

You know the drill. :P

It depends....

:gayhaaay1:

What should a noob do...

You know the drill. :P

It depends....

:gayhaaay1:

Yes I know, but I don't really know what else to mention. The vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner second generation(Surf in the USA?).

[23:49:37] Dolha Adrian: just tell him you want a fullrange speaker :)

I want a full range speaker, Sean. :P

With Focal I wouldn't call that a good assumption. They don't sound alike from cheaper to more expensive lines, more so than other brands.

Funny you should say that, I'd pick on their tweeters and not the mids although I am not really a fan of either.

Actually probably their crossovers and balancing really, the tweeters might lay down when dealt with right.

Yeah the tweeter I heard wasn't that great in my opinion, but the mids were decent considering it was 6x9 (or 6x8 idr/know if they even make that...).

I'll look around, may check out some hertz too.