mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

For custom in ears I've been looking at ultimate ears, JH Audio, and Westone.

Doh! I don't konw anyone there

:tears:

KNow any musicians who think one way or another? Or sound people in sound production. Though most of those types will see them all as consumables.

Nothing like a nice hot shower.

J

Don't know how you do it. Never been over there, but I can't imagine your nice hot showers are anything like a nice relaxing hot shower here in the states, my hat is off to you.

Shower beer is optional.

Eh dude no hat tip required. Its not too bad other than shitty food, fighting for hot water at times, and a bunch of sweaty hairy guys in the showers at once.

Aside from the lack of booze its got some comparisons to summer camp LOL. And yes when I get back shower beers ARE needed.

BTW how did those shot glasses hold up man?

J

BTW I know the IHoP is NOT a fan on Monster but if you guys want to try some 'Beats by Dr. Dre' head phones or ear buds PM me. We can get them cheap as hell here. I have tested them against REAL ones and I notice ZERO difference.

I know mine work GREAT for the gym. Telltale bootlegs (Ferrari design) but they work amazingly well.

J

i sent a text to an old buddy who is in at the IPR here for music production. Maybe he will have some insight.

Attempting some pulled pork for a BBQ on saturday evening, we'll see how that goes. It'll probably go in the Egg ~11pm Friday.

Are you doing just a whole shoulder? ie, how big of a hunk of meat? 11pm might be good, just want to give guidance where I can.

Not quite sure yet. Have to go see what the local places have. I'm thinking somewhere around the 2 8lb cuts.

My understanding is I should set it out a few hours before actually putting it on the grill to warm up to room temp, have the rub worked into it for longer than ~1hr before tossing on there. I was planning on using the plate setter, a rack w/ drip pan, but I wasn't sure if I should use an additional stone under that or not.

Run the grill at ~225 till the meat hits 160*, then take out wrap in foil, towels and drop in cooler. End of story?

For butts that's way more work that I have ever gone through... and a bit warmer. I have always tried to be close to 200, maybe a tad less. I only use the place setter. Never a problem with butts, but I have had a lot of briskits get too black and dry on the bottom....

I've never smoked such a small cut though either.

Attempting some pulled pork for a BBQ on saturday evening, we'll see how that goes. It'll probably go in the Egg ~11pm Friday.

Are you doing just a whole shoulder? ie, how big of a hunk of meat? 11pm might be good, just want to give guidance where I can.

Not quite sure yet. Have to go see what the local places have. I'm thinking somewhere around the 2 8lb cuts.

My understanding is I should set it out a few hours before actually putting it on the grill to warm up to room temp, have the rub worked into it for longer than ~1hr before tossing on there. I was planning on using the plate setter, a rack w/ drip pan, but I wasn't sure if I should use an additional stone under that or not.

Run the grill at ~225 till the meat hits 160*, then take out wrap in foil, towels and drop in cooler. End of story?

A single hunk is better.

Cold meat absorbs smoke better than room temperature and it won't get hard at a low temperature.

No additional stone....

A single hunk is better.

Cold meat absorbs smoke better than room temperature and it won't get hard at a low temperature.

No additional stone....

I remember you saying cold stuff absorbs smoke better, but then it seems like all the time people say let it warm up to room temp before you throw it on.

I will see if I can come up with a single hunk of meat.

Right now I feel like a keyboard commando, I've read about everything I can find online about it, but still have no fucking clue what I'm doing. :) At least I'll admit it though. :)

Won't open for me.............What kind of deal?

J

Asking Price: $2,000.00

For Sale: This is an intense audiobahn system. it is two 12 inch audiobahn subs. they hit extremly hard. the box is a custom audibahn bandpass box with blue neon. the amp is a 2000 watt audiobahn with blue flame designs. it also has blue illumination. the system hits extremly hard and has never been beaten or over powered. this is not wal mart junk. this system will make and audio enthusiest happy. text or call for pics or more information. the price is neg. and i will accept trades plus cash deppending on what u got so let me know. 814-505-3982

Won't open for me.............What kind of deal?

J

For Sale: This is an intense audiobahn system. it is two 12 inch audiobahn subs. they hit extremly hard. the box is a custom audibahn bandpass box with blue neon. the amp is a 2000 watt audiobahn with blue flame designs. it also has blue illumination. the system hits extremly hard and has never been beaten or over powered. this is not wal mart junk. this system will make and audio enthusiest happy. text or call for pics or more information. the price is neg. and i will accept trades plus cash deppending on what u got so let me know. 814-505-3982

You beat me to it.

He is another good deal, I like the picture with his gut in it.

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/pts/2295964473.html

I guess I killed the hop with the hairy guy post. ;)

i garuntee I'm hairier than that guy, I haven't seen him yet though as I'm on teh phone.

So I have 2 votes for Ultimate ears and one for alien ears(sp). from a musician friend.

He asked around to some other bands and a music production guy.

With UE i'm worried about the mcdonnalds factor but if the warranty/durrability/customer service is top then I'm in it to win it.

You will have to check out that link.

hello hop, been awhile.. i've started a thread here for my bro... wish i had time to catch up on the hop but im a little too busy tonight :( i have to give a small presentation on Phonon's tomorrow night... bleh why is quantum mechanics so hard to understand... wiki - phonons

hello hop, been awhile.. i've started a thread here for my bro... wish i had time to catch up on the hop but im a little too busy tonight :( i have to give a small presentation on Phonon's tomorrow night... bleh why is quantum mechanics so hard to understand... wiki - phonons

Wow! Good luck with it.

I'm planning on pretty well following this link

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/elder.htm

Normally a good source *didn't read it*

Thought of a tool you "need". 7 in 1 tool. By FAR the best lighting method on the market. Sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

A single hunk is better.

No additional stone....

I remember you saying cold stuff absorbs smoke better, but then it seems like all the time people say let it warm up to room temp before you throw it on.

I will see if I can come up with a single hunk of meat.

Right now I feel like a keyboard commando, I've read about everything I can find online about it, but still have no fucking clue what I'm doing. :) At least I'll admit it though. :)

Room temp is a must for high heat cooking, but not at all for low.

Oh come on, Quantum is fun. :P

Yes I am a Physicist by education, lol.