mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

WOW and followed up with a double post.

Anybody ever watch America's Port? I currently am.

Finally going to a CNC to get the led lens support done. Pretty soon I'll be able to test a 9 led projector. 27w of awesomeness...I hope..

Definitely interested in the details, the snowmobile could use a headlight upgrade :P

I've been putzing around with high outpul LED options for vehicles for a while. It's always the circuitry that hangs me up.

I'm interested too adrian, please keep us in teh loopz!

And without electric start HID's aren't really a good option. I could add a battery, but that defeats the purpose of not having e-start (ie the weight).

Do you care if the light output has a coolish tint from white?

And without electric start HID's aren't really a good option. I could add a battery, but that defeats the purpose of not having e-start (ie the weight).

Do you care if the light output has a coolish tint from white?

Better vision is my ONLY concern....with the small subset of having a "low" beam that is low enough to where I can still run parallel to the road at night and not get pulled over for having too bright of lights in the ditch (or be a jackhole to drivers)

The new Phlatlites can get insane output if the driver is right. I would guess 1200-1500 lumens would be really easy to get to without too much fancy stuff per LED.

On in a pencil reflector and one in a wide reflector would be hotness.

Then again it might be hard to find top bin SST-90 or SST-50 LED's that are not already in a product. the top bin ones usually get scooped up by a company to produce flashlights etc.

High Output – 1000 lumens (6500K at high efficiency) and up to 2250 lumens (6500K at high output)

Large, single chip with an emitting surface area of 9.0 mm2

High thermal conductivity package with a package thermal resistance of only 0.64 OC/W

Lumen maintenance of greater than 70% after 60,000 hours

Variable drive current from less than 1 A to 9 A

Available in a variety of Correlated Color Temperatures (CCT’s) per ANSI C78-377-2008

Designed for standard SMT assembly processes

SMT package offered pre-mounted on a star board MCPCB for prototyping and evaluation

Not that it would matter with the extreme low draw even at max output think if you would create a lightbar on a finned slug of aluminium or copper and ran them at the 1000 high effeincy. Use a small reflector over each. OMG BBQ.

I'm just not confident in soldering or electronic skills to spend a couple bucks to test some out.

The new Phlatlites can get insane output if the driver is right. I would guess 1200-1500 lumens would be really easy to get to without too much fancy stuff per LED.

Was that chinese? I have no idea what you just said. :P

High Output – 1000 lumens (6500K at high efficiency) and up to 2250 lumens (6500K at high output)

Large, single chip with an emitting surface area of 9.0 mm2

High thermal conductivity package with a package thermal resistance of only 0.64 OC/W

Lumen maintenance of greater than 70% after 60,000 hours

Variable drive current from less than 1 A to 9 A

Available in a variety of Correlated Color Temperatures (CCT’s) per ANSI C78-377-2008

Designed for standard SMT assembly processes

SMT package offered pre-mounted on a star board MCPCB for prototyping and evaluation

Not that it would matter with the extreme low draw even at max output think if you would create a lightbar on a finned slug of aluminium or copper and ran them at the 1000 high effeincy. Use a small reflector over each. OMG BBQ.

I'm just not confident in soldering or electronic skills to spend a couple bucks to test some out.

I cans solderz

Talking of leds, you should see what they are making for the saltwater hobby. Big $$$ but awesome output. They are starting to replace metal halides.

TOP!

Was that chinese? I have no idea what you just said. :P

They probably are chinease!

Wa I highoutputLEDs.

Shieh Shieh.

FHAWK!

I need to make dive lights. Heat disepation isn't even much of an issue them. OMG WTF....

I hope to build a set up in the near future for a neighbor using them. He wants our 400 and they are the only way to light that big of a tank with out spending $85.00 a month in electricty.

You could completely just use some LED's on stars with A plexi case around them, or just silicone the whole rig.

You would still need the fluorescent sunlight bubs though wouldn't you?

I have not listened to halcyon + on + on for quite some time. Hot damn.

Thank God...............almost time for a shower.

J

You could completely just use some LED's on stars with A plexi case around them, or just silicone the whole rig.

You would still need the fluorescent sunlight bubs though wouldn't you?

4-12k and 4-blue is what is need in a 400 reef tank, that would = sunlight with enough lumins to raise corals and clams nicely.

That is a whole lot of water!

I need to get me a carbonator myself though. I think it would help me stop drinking the soda.

IIRC you were having GI issues as well. Try to get away from carbonated drinks. The carbonation will kill off digestive enzymes in your stomach. Trust me, you will feel better once you kick the pop.

Sean, do you know about how the armature type speaker will last long term in the small in ear moniters?

I have been using those for a long time for personal audio and noise cancelation. I'm planning on going to an audologist and getting a mold made for personal in ear 'peeakas. Some people say they go bad after quickly. To be honest I don't notice much change over time on my M audio moniters but the next pair I buy I would like to last 3-4 years of regular use.

I know I'll be getting a pair moulded and made, but I'm wondering if I should see it as disposable and go cheeper or as a long term buy and spend a bit more.

FWIW I listen to music 5 hours a day or more on these and they will probably take the role for my computer if they are as comfortable I expect them to be.

That is a whole lot of water!

I need to get me a carbonator myself though. I think it would help me stop drinking the soda.

IIRC you were having GI issues as well. Try to get away from carbonated drinks. The carbonation will kill off digestive enzymes in your stomach. Trust me, you will feel better once you kick the pop.

So weird! Carbonated water always eases the stomach for me!

Finally going to a CNC to get the led lens support done. Pretty soon I'll be able to test a 9 led projector. 27w of awesomeness...I hope..

Definitely interested in the details, the snowmobile could use a headlight upgrade :P

Who knows, maybe I'll sort something out :)