mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I like hot tubs, but this past week it's been like walking into a giant oven every time I go outside. Hell, I don't think my condensing unit has shut off for more than 10 minutes in 4 days.

I hear you, it's been super humid here lately.

I am hoping to soak in the tub after work, so it will be pretty much dark. Plus I will have it come winter. :D

I REALLY want a hot tub. So badly. It would help my joints so much. too much $$$ though. they are all 10k around here for the decent sized ones.

Does anyone know of a place where I could get silver wire at a reasonable price?

I'm thinking of a DIY replacement for my headphones and I thought it would be worth a giggle to replace with silver. Online Null audio wants multiple hundred bucks for theirs.

I REALLY want a hot tub. So badly. It would help my joints so much. too much $$$ though. they are all 10k around here for the decent sized ones.

whirlpool tub works just as good ;)

Does anyone know of a place where I could get silver wire at a reasonable price?

I'm thinking of a DIY replacement for my headphones and I thought it would be worth a giggle to replace with silver. Online Null audio wants multiple hundred bucks for theirs.

I'll sell you some tinned wire and call it silver if it makes you feel better. :)

Problem is, if you believe in the BS, you can't just stop at the cable. You're going to waste your money on the cable, only to use a cheap jack, or plug into a cheap jack with cheap solder, etc. . .

It's really NOT worth the time nor money. Ask yourself if the experiment is worth wasting a couple hundred dollars that won't make your tunes sound a couple hundred bucks better.

I scored the hot tub for free on Craigslist and it needs a new circuit board and cover. SO after the gravel, weed fabric, 10/3 UB-F wire, a 220 breaker, circuit board and cover, plus a few parts, is around 1100 at this point. Not bad concidering they are 3-4k for the medium sized one I scored. (76" x 82")

Its official, sister could be having her kid at any moment now. Could be 15 minutes, could be 15 hours, could be 15 days, but its coming...

I have one in the bathroom. I am however 6'2 375 and my shoulders are wider than the tub....

I'll sell you some tinned wire and call it silver if it makes you feel better. :)

LOL

:D awesome.

It's nonsense, but I thought it would be a cool project, if for nothing else, then just for the LOLs. And to laught at the people who paid a few hundred for the same thing.

Problem is, if you believe in the BS, you can't just stop at the cable. You're going to waste your money on the cable, only to use a cheap jack, or plug into a cheap jack with cheap solder, etc. . .

It's really NOT worth the time nor money. Ask yourself if the experiment is worth wasting a couple hundred dollars that won't make your tunes sound a couple hundred bucks better.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I thought it would make a difference. They just don't make a replacement for the exact ones I have i.e. even the ones premade to replace them have an issue and need some adjustment. I was just thinking if I had to go to all that trouble then maybe I could just do something really difference. I don't know the cost of thin silver wire. The premade cables that are cheep are 30 bucks from westone and already an upgrade.

knows-better-than-silver-will-give-me-airy-highs-and-cocopuff-mids-TOP

I have one in the bathroom. I am however 6'2 375 and my shoulders are wider than the tub....

Ah, I see now

I scored the hot tub for free on Craigslist and it needs a new circuit board and cover. SO after the gravel, weed fabric, 10/3 UB-F wire, a 220 breaker, circuit board and cover, plus a few parts, is around 1100 at this point. Not bad concidering they are 3-4k for the medium sized one I scored. (76" x 82")

Used really is the way to go with hot tubs. Just make sure to clean it well, inside and out. Lord knows whats in the piping.

Is this a typo? You always said you were big, but damn, 375. That's Pro football material there. I picture a foot shorter Shaq.

knows-better-than-silver-will-give-me-airy-highs-and-cocopuff-mids-TOP

I know you know better. I was just trying to make a poitn for others who may read it and wonder if the silver audiophile golden ears bullshit is real.

Its official, sister could be having her kid at any moment now. Could be 15 minutes, could be 15 hours, could be 15 days, but its coming...

Scratch that, Ava's coming this weekend :ohsnap:

Good luck!

Nice score! We used to have a PDC tub, was fun for couple of years.

Good luck!

X2 uncle Peng!

http://www.pdcspas.com/

Link in case you never heard of PDC.

Al Franken got it right for once...shocking

Is this a typo? You always said you were big, but damn, 375. That's Pro football material there. I picture a foot shorter Shaq.

I was 445 a while back at my biggest. I lost a lot when I started feelign better. I'm grounded again though with these health issues, but when I'm fit enough to be active I'm good to go.

I wear a 65 in mens coats for an example. At my leanest I was 60 coat and 34-36 waist and was 265-270.

I'm super flabby now honestly. Lost muscle and gained fat. Can't eat properly. If me dropping the 80 pounds in a few months is any indication though I should be able to get back into decent shape. What's most odd is when I was in the 270 range I was at my fastest for running. When I cut down to 250-255 in my late teens I was a little slower. I supose that a massive portion of that 20 pound difference was in my legs though.