mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Production is a commodity that you never want to compete in since it is all based on cost. Price war devalues what you are doing and the best way around that as a society is to get a step above it.

how about no tax breaks if you ship jobs overseas? Corporations should get tax breaks for creating jobs, not for destroying them and lining the CEO's pockets with cash. In case any of you missed the jon stewart bit on it...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/29/961151/-Jon-Stewart-rips-into-GEs-corporate-tax-rate

And lets stop importing shit, how about some pride in US made products again? (i wish as a population we were smart enough to sway the demand ourselves but we're definitely definitely not)

and to really fix all our problems can we take all the damn politicians out back and shoot them, and let the next set know that's going to be an option if they are as self-serving as their predecessors. No discrimination, shoot the good ones too, just to make an example.

fair enough sean, pride in some US designed and US-profiting products

Americans want cheap replaceable products.

Exactly. And of course all high tech assembly should stay here as well.

Americans want cheap replaceable products.

As stated, we need to fix education first and with that the stupidity associated with that statement. I don't disagree as it is how it is right now, but that needs to be taken up a notcyh.

Exactly how I feel about Ford & Chevy.

Hey Larry, you got them frame bolts?!

Naaa Jim, just get some from the bucket over there, not like you need that shit anyway, Git me a beer while your over there!

GM's shitty vehicles played a role in contributing to its current state, but its legacy costs were the largest factor if you ask me.

It's a shame that proper manual transmissions are becoming such a rare thing

I can't wait to get a Hurst short shift for the Heep...

Manual transmissions are more common in Europe, no? Seems like more of the average cars tested on Top Gear are available in manual transmissions whereas here most aren't if they are that model is fairly rare.

Very common..

For instance the XJ with diesel was only available with a manual gearbox.

Diesel cars are another rarity here. Less dissapointed about that one. Great mileage etc, but the noise and power delivery are deal breakers.

Eating breakfast in buellton, weathers great. :D

Diesel cars are another rarity here. Less dissapointed about that one. Great mileage etc, but the noise and power delivery are deal breakers.

U need to take a ride in a tri golf or better yet a blue tech Benz.

And the giddy up in those is neutered bad. Chip them to unlock unlock their balls and the power is wild. We don't use diesel because of politics, nothing else.

U need to take a ride in a tri golf or better yet a blue tech Benz.

And the giddy up in those is neutered bad. Chip them to unlock unlock their balls and the power is wild. We don't use diesel because of politics, nothing else.

Yeah I was gonna say. Been in a beamer with small 1.8 or 1.9l diesel and it hauls ass.

Or the dodge ram diesel pickup we had... lol.

Oh, young grasshopper you are confused. The noise on Euro diesels is not any different than the gas. In fact some gas engines are louder and crappier sounding. As for power delivery I am astonished you'd bring that up as a weakness being it is the strength of a diesel. Torque >>> HP always.

Kinda like the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke argument.

Only worse considering Diesels could solve MANY of our woes. WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY more efficient than the stupid fucking hybrids yet what is winning in the sales race here? Stupid fucking Americans.

Yup. As I said, politics are trying to kill the diesel in the USA.

Sean's a smart guy. He just likes crappy whiskey in a fuzzy bag, but that fault aside he's on point.

The 5 Series Gran Turismo hasn't met its lofty sales expectations in the United States, so BMW is considering bringing the 5 Series Touring back to our shores.

Although nothing is set in stone, Autoblog has learned that the possibility of the wagon making a reappearance on U.S. soil is back on the table. While sales of the 5 Series GT haven't been particularly robust, the model has managed to outsell the previous 5 Series Touring since its arrival last year – this, despite its lukewarm reception and controversial appearance.

We've also been informed that the twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter V12 currently fitted to the 760Li won't shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon. Instead, BMW is considering fitting the massive mill with its ActiveHybrid system to boost fuel economy and performance. We could see this electrically augmented 12-cylinder unit within the next three years in both the 7 Series flagship and future Rolls-Royce vehicles.

Mmmm, M5 Touring...

Guess I need to drive more diesels. Driven a Jetta TDI and it sounded like a tractor. I agree torque>hp, but in that car the delivery wasn't at all smooth. It only made power on the low end and was out of juice around 4k. Shouldn't base my assumption on the few diesels I've driven/ridden in though.

Is the added weight at the front end not an issue? The engine blocks on a diesel are much heavier and I've always been under the assumption it took away from the handling unless the car was specifically designed around the diesel platform.

Long video, but a sweet truck!!

Yup. As I said, politics are trying to kill the diesel in the USA.

Sean's a smart guy. He just likes crappy whiskey in a fuzzy bag, but that fault aside he's on point.

Crown is meh