mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Had to by the youngest her own Ipod. I can't believe I gave another 300 bucks to Apple. :suicide-santa:

Did it have to be brand new?

I got a perfectly good used one off CL for 60 bucks.

Ipod touch 64 gb

J

Damn, good buy. What gen?

Just fucked something up on the Volvo, thinking its the driveshaft or transmission, ugh!

I thought the V40 is FWD....

What are the symptoms ?

Err it is, so no driveshaft then, shows how much I know about the mechanics of a vehicle

Made a fast turn and during acceleration there was a clunk sound and the engine revs up like its in neutral. I pulled over, put it in park but the car kept rolling, so its not engaging?

250 million dollars for Pujols...yeeesh

The Yankees make more than enough profit every year on merchandising alone to pay for their entire operations payroll, so just imagine how much money they are bringing in total. Sports are beginning to disgust me anymore, but they are what we make them, so. . . .

Pujols is deserving. He still loves the game, he has the talent, he brings in the fans, and he brought them a WS title. For that $250M they spent on him, they'll probably make it back three fold.

I admit, I was surprised. I thought at the 200+ point, he was still going to stay put, as he seemed loyal and had projected that before. I feel this is partly agent driven. I think that the hyper-dollar stars should stay with the teams that can really afford them. The Angles have a strong fan base, but it is not like the Yankees/Phillies/Red Sox/Cubs/O's/Mets etc. that have true die-hard lifer fans that keep buying more and more merch and don't miss a game ever.

Well said, I completely agree. Being a Reds fan I can't say I'm sorry to see him leave our division :P

rage-comics-science-fields.png

Did I just see a meme that incorporated Doc., Neal Degrass Tyson and Obama? My Thursday is complete.

You are welcome :)

Had to by the youngest her own Ipod. I can't believe I gave another 300 bucks to Apple. :suicide-santa:

Did it have to be brand new?

I got a perfectly good used one off CL for 60 bucks.

Ipod touch 64 gb

J

Damn, good buy. What gen?

Not sure. Might be 3rd.

J

I just sold a 3rd gen on CL for $200. I switched to a Classic.

Another VA Tech shooting ?!?!?

World wide news that fast, wow.

Just fucked something up on the Volvo, thinking its the driveshaft or transmission, ugh!

What are the symptoms ?

Err it is, so no driveshaft then, shows how much I know about the mechanics of a vehicle

Made a fast turn and during acceleration there was a clunk sound and the engine revs up like its in neutral. I pulled over, put it in park but the car kept rolling, so its not engaging?

Your tranny is toast or there is an electrical issue. No idea what all is electrically controlled in that.

I knew what you meant by driveshaft.

I don't know how they get anyone to go to that school any more. It's like a magnet for the crazies.

What are the symptoms ?

Your tranny is toast or there is an electrical issue. No idea what all is electrically controlled in that.

I also knew what he meant, just that I don't refer to driveshafts in singular when it comes to FWD :)

You could have damaged a CV....turn the wheels and look there for something out of place.

Another VA Tech shooting ?!?!?

World wide news that fast, wow.

I saw it on Yahoo news. Nothing mentioned on TV but I expect some reports tomorrow.

Had to carpet a box inside the garage and I inhaled contact cement fumes. Now I'm way too edgy...

It may be time to invest in painter's mask, with filters.

What are the symptoms ?

I also knew what he meant, just that I don't refer to driveshafts in singular when it comes to FWD :)

You could have damaged a CV....turn the wheels and look there for something out of place.

Yes, but that wouldn't affect his parking nor his issue with throttle input and no forward response. Of course he could have snapped both axles but that's unlikely unless he is not being honest about his driving.

Well, if the diff is open (which I believe it is) and one shaft is not connected to the wheel anymore it will not move forward or stop when in park.

What are the symptoms ?

Yes, but that wouldn't affect his parking nor his issue with throttle input and no forward response. Of course he could have snapped both axles but that's unlikely unless he is not being honest about his driving.

I was cornering hard and during acceleration there was intermittent traction. Caught some traction heard clunk, let off throttle, came out of turn, gave it some gas and rpms went up, but car did not accelerate (coasting slower and slower).

I put it in neutral and coasted to side of the road, once completely stopped I put it in park, left off brake and the car started to roll forward so I put the emergency brake on.

The car is low to the ground so I can't see much under it, but I could see a small puddle of oil near the passenger side (around the cv joint / axle area).

Steering seems to be fine, but I only made a slight turn to get off the road, not a U-turn.

Tow truck picked it up and it's going to the local volvo repair shop.

Had to carpet a box inside the garage and I inhaled contact cement fumes. Now I'm way too edgy...

It may be time to invest in painter's mask, with filters.

I got a basic 3m mask with the charcoal filters in town for around $50 or so.

Judging by my experience with prices, it's probably going to cost triple over here :lol:

Judging by my experience with prices, it's probably going to cost triple over here :lol:

How much is spam? :P

What are the symptoms ?

I was cornering hard and during acceleration there was intermittent traction. Caught some traction heard clunk, let off throttle, came out of turn, gave it some gas and rpms went up, but car did not accelerate (coasting slower and slower).

I put it in neutral and coasted to side of the road, once completely stopped I put it in park, left off brake and the car started to roll forward so I put the emergency brake on.

The car is low to the ground so I can't see much under it, but I could see a small puddle of oil near the passenger side (around the cv joint / axle area).

Steering seems to be fine, but I only made a slight turn to get off the road, not a U-turn.

Tow truck picked it up and it's going to the local volvo repair shop.

Trashed the CV joint.

Well, if the diff is open (which I believe it is) and one shaft is not connected to the wheel anymore it will not move forward or stop when in park.

The transaxle works a bit differently. It's more of a limited slip on newer vehicles. While there may be one dominant wheel, if traction is lost there, it will shift to the other side. I don't know how it's controlled on the Volvo though.

Parts for Volvos are insanely pricey unless you get a Ford part, but not much was interchanged aside from electronics and interior parts on them. Drivetrains are essentially all Volvo and are pricey. I was looking at S60s a couple years ago and simple brake pieces were twice that of my Cobra. A front end job with rotors and pads was nearly $500. That quickly changed my mind about the Volvo.

I would love a S40T5.

I am now vomiting. Lovely.

I am now vomiting. Lovely.

That is one thing I truely hate! Hope you get over it quickly Ryan.