mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

If your plugs have over 30k and wires over 50k I'd replace them anyway...

Fixed

Haha oh ok. Well then maybe I'll do it anyways.

Probably about time to do plugs/wires/coolant/etc

But of course I imagine I drive a bit 'harder' than you do

I bet you do. I drive like a grandma to try and get good mileage, and my road to work is 55 mph. Pretty easy on the engine.

For you guys in Minnesota, any suggestions on places to camp over July 4th weekend relatively near Minneapolis? Me and maybe a couple of my friends are going up to visit and camp with my brother and his wife and friends. We've thought about doing some canoeing, maybe some fishing, and who knows what else. My brother thinks he found a place about 1.25 hours from Minneapolis because everything closer is booked full already, but he didn't tell me what it was. He said ideally it may be awesome to go to the north shore of Superior, but that's like 4 hours away so kinda far.

Probably about time to do plugs/wires/coolant/etc

Actually I had to get a new radiator last year, so coolant should be good since it all drained out before I realized the radiator was cracked, so it should be relatively new and good. Also did a tranny flush last year as well. It has new tires, great life left on brakes, new air filter, new shocks, new muffler, new upper control arms & ball joints, etc. She's in pretty tip top shape. I hate when my things get in disrepair, especially vehicles. I'm always looking for something to be wrong. But I just haven't touched the engine yet. It could probably use a new exhaust gasket and manifold because it sounds like there's a tiny bit of air escaping, but it's not loud (just a light puff sound) and doesn't bother me much.

But maybe I will give her a tune up, just for the hell of it. Would it be worth it to replace the distributor and coils at the same time, or are those things just fix when they go bad?

Yeah I know. Well I was having problems with it not shifting from 2nd gear. I figured it was either try that or have the transmission looked at thoroughly and possibly rebuilt. I took the cheaper route. Although in the end it turns out that it wasn't the tranny at all, some nitwit must have drained and then didn't put oil back in the rearend. It was basically dry. This was immediately after I bought it. I drove it for like 400 miles during this time including a straight 220 mile highway trip to my dad's shop, so I don't know how I didn't burn up the differential. I thought maybe it was a leak so I checked it about every week for the next year after we filled it, but it was never low again. Weird.

Going to start raining here in a little bit, probably get you in 30min KU...

Whats your name? Calling you KU seems wierd, plus, its KU, hard to utter those words without a bad taste in my mouth. :P

Going to start raining here in a little bit, probably get you in 30min KU...

Oh no, I haven't washed and waxed yet!

Whats your name? Calling you KU seems wierd, plus, its KU, hard to utter those words without a bad taste in my mouth. :P

Haha, that seems ok to me! It's Nick.

Wow, rain is covering the entire state. OK, well maybe I'll be doing this tomorrow. Although rain has a funny way of dissipating just southwest of Lawrence very often, which the radar actually shows it's doing right now. So I may have more time than I think. But how nearly worthless would it be to wash and wax immediately before it rains.

Just got a major down pour here. Rain guage says 1.5 inches WOW

you guys need to send your rain over here, we need it bad

although we did get a little bit of rain on the drive back from Pinetop last night

drive 3.5 hours, spend 2 hours taking out transmission, 2 hours loading the truck, cleaning up, and eating dinner, and another 3.5 hour drive home

'twas a fun day

ripping off the paneling and trim...something about a 4x12 header that just makes you say "holy fuck"....

you guys need to send your rain over here, we need it bad

I would love to send the rain your way. It is pouring like mad here again.

You looking for 9mm then?

yes, mainly because the XDm is a blast to pound through 20 rounds a clip and it's cheeper.

I love our 1911's, but it's getting to be too much to shoot our babies.

I love being in the military some days.............one signature, get 3000 rounds of .50 ammo and 2000 rounds of 5.56

Too bad I dont get to fire a goddamned round of it.

Expanding polyurethane foam in a can is one of the greatest inventions EVER

this k_schutte individual is amusing