mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

hectic first day. visited a LOT of buildings today.

when you gota have cold. (they don't keep the liquid helium outside)

CIMG0011.jpg

clean room

CIMG0009-1.jpg

CIMG0007-1.jpg

CIMG0006-1.jpg

even the pisser looked like it was from outer space

CIMG0012.jpg

:P

Hey, I was there a few weeks ago :P

went to class for 6.5 hours, went to the coin op carwash, managed to take a chunk out of my right pinky finger, went to the ER, waited two hours for a doctor, turns out not enough skin was removed to require stitches, so I basically wasted two hours to get some antibiotic and a band aid...then I remembered I needed some milk so I drive to Kroger and get some milk (with the ER band still on my wrist), go back out my car, drive home, about half way home I remember I don't have any band aids in the apartment, so I just say fuck it and drive the rest of the way home....

now back to studying for the test tomorrow at 8AM, and hopefully supper too....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

</venting>

I am a firm believer in not getting stitches. I have at least 10 stitches scars and my cuts that were worse that weren't stitched didn't scar :(

Glad to see you stopped in steve!!!!

The wife and I get our house on the 1st. Its a 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1 car garage not even 2 miles from work. Costs us about 900 a mth. Only utilities are cable and internet.

Hopefully all goes well and everything works out with my gig.

J

BTW Ryan, whats your thoughts on the Springfield XD .45?

I ask beacuse the wife has fired it before and loved it, meanwhile I haven't touched it besides to hold it. It fits in my hand really nicely, and I want something both of use can use. Between this (in about 2 mths or so) and a 12 guage pistol grip collapsable stock shotgun we are going to have some 'firepower' in the house.

Any recomendations for the shotgun? I want it to (hopefully) use for clays, and of course as home defense.

J

I ask beacuse the wife has fired it before and loved it, meanwhile I haven't touched it besides to hold it. It fits in my hand really nicely, and I want something both of use can use. Between this (in about 2 mths or so) and a 12 guage pistol grip collapsable stock shotgun we are going to have some 'firepower' in the house.

Any recomendations for the shotgun? I want it to (hopefully) use for clays, and of course as home defense.

J

funny you should mention it. my cousin just got a 2009 870 synthetic tactical (18.5" barrel with a breaching choke) and i had an extra ATI top folding stock and some accessories laying around. it turned out nicely however you would not want to shoot clays with it, but that's easily fixed if you buy an extra barrel.

CIMG0044-3.jpg

The wife and I get our house on the 1st. Its a 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1 car garage not even 2 miles from work. Costs us about 900 a mth. Only utilities are cable and internet.

J

best of luck to you bro. i need to move to az, my little corner of my house costs 900/mo :ehh:

Hey, I was there a few weeks ago :P

i just finished the reading they handed out today and i have seminars from 9-5 tomorrow. first day info overload! :angry22:

J

funny you should mention it. my cousin just got a 2009 870 synthetic tactical (18.5" barrel with a breaching choke) and i had an extra ATI top folding stock and some accessories laying around. it turned out nicely however you would not want to shoot clays with it, but that's easily fixed if you buy an extra barrel.

CIMG0044-3.jpg

J

best of luck to you bro. i need to move to az, my little corner of my house costs 900/mo :ehh:

Thats for on base housing.............basically we give back what we would get for housing off base.............with my wife's different shift times, gas, and other things.............just easier for us to reside on base...........

And thanks for the info about the gun and the well wishes. Also if you dont mind, how much did that set him back?

I like the XD, never shot the .45, shot one in .357 SIG and 9mm.

Get a Remington 870, no need for a folding/collapsible stock, all that does is teach you to flinch when you shoot. Get one with the 26 inch barrel, and buy an 18 from somewhere, they can change in about 30 seconds.

Another important thing is a good flashlight, have to be able to identify what you are potentially going to poke a hole in, get something like a Shurfire light.

Set of Klipsch Forte II's up on craigslist, tempting to contact him just to go listen to them.

Get a Remington 870, no need for a folding/collapsible stock, all that does is teach you to flinch when you shoot. Get one with the 26 inch barrel, and buy an 18 from somewhere, they can change in about 30 seconds.

Another important thing is a good flashlight, have to be able to identify what you are potentially going to poke a hole in, get something like a Shurfire light.

i have an 870 express with a 26" and i love it. my cousins 870 looks more menacing but outside of close quarters home defense and door breaching it's not very practical. surefire e2 led defenders are :droolcup:

I got a nice close up look at a Ford GT again last night. Owned by a doof, but damn do I love those.

in person they look impossibly wide

test is taken, went to the automatic car wash to get the dried soap off, worked great, homework done, I'm satisfied...much better day today...

Ok good idea on the remington...........Only issue is weight.........damn wife has limited lifting ability in her left shoulder.

As far as a flash light, again thats something I will do, but if the wife is in bed with me, I dont give a fuck who I shoot. Anyone else in my house is unwelcome.

J

Man I wonder how those women feel. Their face is next to those words and in that context. Either they have really high self esteem and can slough it off as income, or they are going to need therapy.

Same as when a big fat hairy guy in a dirty A shirt is on a show. They got paid just for looking like hell.

You looking for 9mm then?

yes, mainly because the XDm is a blast to pound through 20 rounds a clip and it's cheeper.

I love our 1911's, but it's getting to be too much to shoot our babies.

I love being in the military some days.............one signature, get 3000 rounds of .50 ammo and 2000 rounds of 5.56

Too bad I dont get to fire a goddamned round of it.

If you ever feel the need to throw some in a box and ship it via truck, I won't be mad if I find it at my door.

Just sayin.

Happy fathers day to all the other ones on here. And to everyone else pick up the phone and call your father. ;)

We had our gift opening that day, and it was nice to be around so many kids with their dads. I love seeing that. We took the out of AZ family to the zoo yesterday and I did my best to get a billion shot's of the kids with their dad too.

For you guys in Minnesota, any suggestions on places to camp over July 4th weekend relatively near Minneapolis? Me and maybe a couple of my friends are going up to visit and camp with my brother and his wife and friends. We've thought about doing some canoeing, maybe some fishing, and who knows what else. My brother thinks he found a place about 1.25 hours from Minneapolis because everything closer is booked full already, but he didn't tell me what it was. He said ideally it may be awesome to go to the north shore of Superior, but that's like 4 hours away so kinda far.

are you looking for more outdoors or closer to the city?

I don't know that we have a preference. Really driving time is the only thing, just don't want it to be too far since we already have an 8 hour drive up there.

Edit: My brother said the place he found is St. Croix state park. Will that do well enough?

It is a nice park, wrong side of town for me but camping near the river probably is better than a lake.

lol wrong side of town.

It's a nice area. River > lake

...unless you're on a boat.

yes, mainly because the XDm is a blast to pound through 20 rounds a clip and it's cheeper.

I love being in the military some days.............one signature, get 3000 rounds of .50 ammo and 2000 rounds of 5.56

If you ever feel the need to throw some in a box and ship it via truck, I won't be mad if I find it at my door.

Just sayin.

If the feeling should hit I will let you know

J

Any "Big" people here, have any experience riding a sport touring motorcycle? I mean "Big" as in 6'4 and 260lbs which I'm hoping to hit in 2 months. I'm at 280lbs right now from 315lbs.

6'2 300

What do you want to know? I own a CBR 954 and have rode many more.

Fvckin rain.

So much stuff to do outside and it's pouring :(

J

I know you didn't ask me, but I have spent a LOT of time with that gun. I really enjoy it, the only plastic pistols I like are in the XD line up. I own the XDm chambered in 9mm

Here is why. To me the 1911 is point and shoot, I however have smaller stubby fingers, and it's sometimes a bear to hold the 1911. If you have a smaller hand the XD might work out well for you too. I really want to see an XDm come out in .45 to have the adjustable back grip parts. I may not be able to wait though and just get a .45 XD.

I don't like how hard it is to load the xdm 9mm. It's not possible to load without the tool that comes with it, IMO. With the tool, it's still a SOB. It's the first pistol in 9mm I have ever used, maybe that's normal but the other plastic high round pistols I have had, never were a problem. Maybe it's also the fact it's an XDM and they use a tougher spring?

Really though I love the pistol, and I like the fact that my wife can comfortably work the slide and handle the kick back. She is much more at home with the AK 47 and AR 10(I haven't taken her out for any shot gun time yet) but those are not easy to get out and ready in it was needed in short notice. Honestly the only guns in the house ready for defense are my 1911 and my room mates.

the shotgun it however close to the bed just in case. If someone hears a shotgun slide and doesn't imediately shit their pants and run...........

i have an 870 express with a 26" and i love it. my cousins 870 looks more menacing but outside of close quarters home defense and door breaching it's not very practical. surefire e2 led defenders are :droolcup:

I don't really like flashlights ON the gun itself. I hold the flashlight off to the side of me if I'm looking for something and I feel the need to be armed. If the light is 2 feet away from my center of mass I feel better if someone does take a pot shot. Not something you could probably do with a long nosed shogun, but I grab the pistol first really.

Perfect!

;)

Just sayin.

If the feeling should hit I will let you know

J