mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I wasn't clear in my last post about the XD.

I was drawing the similar ergonomics or "feel" of the 1911, and the xd. So if you like the 1911, but the grip itself feels too large for you the xd may solve your problems.

It is really weird feeling the gun loose such a high percentage of it's weight as you fire rounds though. You can get used to that though. For me the 1911 is the perfect design, it's just my meaty fat stumpy fingers don't hold the gun as naturally as it does the xd.

I like the design of the 1911, I just dont find its weight distrobution comfortable for me, and the wife would be happy with it but prefers the Springfield XD

J

I like the design of the 1911, I just dont find its weight distrobution comfortable for me, and the wife would be happy with it but prefers the Springfield XD

J

Find a shorter one and play with it, better distribution, not as front heavy.

I like the XD, never shot the .45, shot one in .357 SIG and 9mm.

Get a Remington 870, no need for a folding/collapsible stock, all that does is teach you to flinch when you shoot. Get one with the 26 inch barrel, and buy an 18 from somewhere, they can change in about 30 seconds.

Another important thing is a good flashlight, have to be able to identify what you are potentially going to poke a hole in, get something like a Shurfire light.

Ok good idea on the remington...........Only issue is weight.........damn wife has limited lifting ability in her left shoulder.

As far as a flash light, again thats something I will do, but if the wife is in bed with me, I dont give a fuck who I shoot. Anyone else in my house is unwelcome.

J

Could be someone that just wrecked and looking for help...

I got a nice close up look at a Ford GT again last night. Owned by a doof, but damn do I love those.

in person they look impossibly wide

I got passed by one of those in Wyoming, I was in a damn mini-van doing 90, and he had Detroit plates. That probably was a fun drive, lucky bastard. :)

There are a couple of gun threads over at teh chit hole. It is disappointing how many uninformed and retarded people are out there.

Get a Remington 870, no need for a folding/collapsible stock, all that does is teach you to flinch when you shoot. Get one with the 26 inch barrel, and buy an 18 from somewhere, they can change in about 30 seconds.

Another important thing is a good flashlight, have to be able to identify what you are potentially going to poke a hole in, get something like a Shurfire light.

Ok good idea on the remington...........Only issue is weight.........damn wife has limited lifting ability in her left shoulder.

As far as a flash light, again thats something I will do, but if the wife is in bed with me, I dont give a fuck who I shoot. Anyone else in my house is unwelcome.

J

A knock at the door, and I would still answer armed.............if you are IN my house, and its not someplace your supposed to be, I will pull the trigger.

J

J

Find a shorter one and play with it, better distribution, not as front heavy.

Only problem is finding a range to try weapons at.

J

Ugh.... I am having a Colposcopy and Endoscopy tomorrow at 6 am and i can't eat anything today. On top of that i have to drink a 64 oz gatorade with 255 grams of powder laxatives and take laxative pills.

Im not liking this and im not excited for tomorrow.

I need a roof over the work area.

Better still, I need to tear down the old shed and build a nice woodworking area since there already is a concrete floor under the shed.

AlexRoemer.jpg

I LOL'd so hard it fucking hurt...

Ugh.... I am having a Colposcopy and Endoscopy tomorrow at 6 am and i can't eat anything today. On top of that i have to drink a 64 oz gatorade with 255 grams of powder laxatives and take laxative pills.

Im not liking this and im not excited for tomorrow.

You won't feel or remember a thing.

The Metro train car that slammed into another on the Red Line yesterday evening was two months past due for scheduled maintenance on its brakes, and the car was an older model that federal officials had recommended be replaced because of concerns about its safety in a crash, officials said today.

They are so getting their asses sued to hell and back

At least 45 people have died in a missile strike by a US drone aircraft in Pakistan, officials there have said.

The people killed in South Waziristan region had been attending a funeral for others killed in a US drone strike earlier on Tuesday.

Intelligence officials said at least 45 people had been killed and dozens more injured in the later strike, when two missiles were fired.

At least 45 people have died in a missile strike by a US drone aircraft in Pakistan, officials there have said.

The people killed in South Waziristan region had been attending a funeral for others killed in a US drone strike earlier on Tuesday.

Intelligence officials said at least 45 people had been killed and dozens more injured in the later strike, when two missiles were fired.

As long as Pakistan harbors Islamic militants the strikes will continue unfortunatly

J

I also forgot to mention something else, I live on the base here. If you wreck in housing people will hear it and wake up, plus people on base are smart enough to knock unless they are trying to start some shit, and unfortunatly we keep getting these 'gangster' soldiers here who think anything that isnt their style is disrespect to them.

Also whats your thoughts on Charles Daly firearms?

I have a soldier here who keeps talking about them as if they are the best things since sliced bread.

J

Any "Big" people here, have any experience riding a sport touring motorcycle? I mean "Big" as in 6'4 and 260lbs which I'm hoping to hit in 2 months. I'm at 280lbs right now from 315lbs.

6'2 300

What do you want to know? I own a CBR 954 and have rode many more.

6'7 225lb, but sport touring isn't really my thing