Sign in to follow this  
4X4AUTIGER

Bad review on SSD?

alright im dead set on the 12" SSD and then i heard this for a review...

"i hated my ssd's my two 10 d6's will beat the piss out of them all day long(the ssd's were 12's). I've had a D6 12 as well and it sounded better than the ssd's. I will never buy and FI product again. One of my woofers was DOA when I get it. Then I had to pay to send it back then pay for the repairs and to ship it back. Then the woofer worked for like 2 weeks and the same problem happened AGAIN! So I threw them away. I was never impressed by the subs they were just mediocre. They sounded alright but there was some notes they didn't get and they didn't dig very low at all. I had about 750 going to each one in a 2.2 cuft box incase you were wondering. They were upfiring. And the mounting depth is wrong on FI's website. I had to upfire them because they are very very close to 7 in depth. If I would have downfired them then the cone would have hit."

Is this true? And would you take 2 10" Diamond Audio D6 over 2 12" Fi SSD?

Sounds like a big batch of fi bashing and User error. Two subs went bad because of the same problem with the install not fi's fault or they would have paid for warranty return. Never ran diamond audio before so i can't say i wouldn't choose them.

Would you be willing to post some pictures of your set up?

And where is the can you threw them away in? I would love to get them reconed and in my truck.

I would question a lot of things baised on that review. First off is it a legitimate review or sombody bashing Fi. Second a Sub only performs as well as the install (box, power,etc.). Did he talk to Scott about his problem? As far as output the ssd's can hold their own, I know becaues I have 2 of them each in 2.2 ported at 33hz running off of 1500 watts rms and by no means are they ment to be SPL monsters. So in my opinion this is just somebody acting like an idiot. If you would, could you tell us where this review was found?

Edited by nmssd12

New one on me..never heard of that one lol.

Can't please everybody..but out of the thousands of subs that we've sold...that's the first i've heard of anything like that.

Also..it is impossible to ship a sub out DOA. They are tested before they are put in the shipping crates...

I'd take that one with a grain of salt if I were you :)

-Nick

Just read the f150 thread. I think Nick summed it up pretty good.

Wow. I honestly had a difficult time reading that. It sounds like he may have had a horrible box or horrible placement. Even the best sounding subs in the world can be made to sound like crap in a poor enclosure and poorly executed install.

I am very anxious to see if he would post pics of the install for us. Actually, I want to see the D6 install too.

The guy owns up to being stupid in the thread. Lawd

He probably used the same box for both sets, just made the 2 10"s holes bigger for the 12"s

fi bashin... sad sad day.

Ahh user error for sure.

glad to hear that but still is it true that the SSD is actually around 7" mounting depth... thats very important because they are going underneath my rear seats

yes. as it have a pole vent on the bottom of the motor.

They were upfiring. And the mounting depth is wrong on FI's website. I had to upfire them because they are very very close to 7 in depth. If I would have downfired them then the cone would have hit

do what? :suicide-santa:

id write this one off as BS. also include in that BS pile any review that contains the following:

-A reference to DB's

-A reference to being heard a block away

-A comparison to the W7's they used to have in their escalade

-A mention of needing to replace a window because they blew it out

most people dont know enough about the equipment they are using to leave a unbiased review. mentioning any of the 4 things above removes all credibility so you might as well ask your girlfriend what she thinks about the sub.

That guy sounds like a pure noob to car audio. he is trying to say that "it doesn't hit the lows"...well that all depends on the tuning of your box and much more. To me he came off pretty dumb and I can assure you you wont be disappointed with an SSD as I have one myself. I have a few pictures and what not of my setup of the bottom of this thread http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...049#entry485744 if you'd like to see.

yes. as it have a pole vent on the bottom of the motor.

Then i might have to go with the 10s... what would the 10s mounting depth actually be? Around 6.5"?

I did a enclosure a few weeks ago for two IA 187's which has a mounting depth of 6 1/4. The subs were down fired with roughly 1.5 inches of clearance between the sub and floor. The enclosure had to have fiberglass bulges to allow the magnents to protrude from the enclosure.

f150ia002.jpg

Lol as i read that review on the f150 forums i noticed that the guy that was bad mouthing SSD's lives in the same town as me.

Lol as i read that review on the f150 forums i noticed that the guy that was bad mouthing SSD's lives in the same town as me.

If you see his truck beat him down!

"FI Fightnight" part 2....Mark and Drew would appreciate this

this guy sounds like a moron. it's a shame people with below average IQ's get their hands on nice gear. smh

i DO still really like the D6's though. There was a really good special going on up until last week i found on the old models M6 MK2 where you could pick up a pair for 190 shipped. I almost bought one just for the hell of it

Sign in to follow this