creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

As it stands right now, we'll be doing Slammin Bass as well as all the standard SPL classes at Chicopee. So get your Bass Music ready, we'll have a couple decent tracks with us....but it will be trial and error to find out which one works better in your ride.

As it stands right now, we'll be doing Slammin Bass as well as all the standard SPL classes at Chicopee. So get your Bass Music ready, we'll have a couple decent tracks with us....but it will be trial and error to find out which one works better in your ride.

woooo havent did bass race al season but this will be a big show so im in for it this show so does it do the average score of the runs

hey my team has 8 - 9 cars going on sunday what happes if the team trophy ends in a tie

8 or 9 members cars? What did you guys do, find guys on the street and make them members?

Don't worry about the points, thats my job. :)

8 or 9 members cars? What did you guys do, find guys on the street and make them members?

Don't worry about the points, thats my job. :)

yeah 8 or 9

my van

daves cavy

daves mitsu

bills scion

joe's caprice

john mercedez

nick gulf

and we have a few members to c if they can go like the truck you last week brian, and bills friend with the suv is with us

Kthis show is going to be awesome we all want spl to grow and get as big as possible steve the owner of nespl is a great guy, and puts on very good events anyone that is close to this show should come, nespl is full of awesome people and great competitors that are always helping each other out we have people coming from nh ct ri mass everywhere to this show so if you live in new england and looking for a reat spl event to go to come to this one you wont be disapointed,

get yourself ready for next season, cause we're going to bring a couple TNESPL shows out this way. If you guys like their format and classes too then we'll look into having a multipoint event as well.

Team NorthEast SPL

Check out their rules and the classes, see what you think.

get yourself ready for next season, cause we're going to bring a couple TNESPL shows out this way. If you guys like their format and classes too then we'll look into having a multipoint event as well.

Team NorthEast SPL

Check out their rules and the classes, see what you think.

woooo those rules are intense, i like em but some them and dislike they are very organized it seems like it would take alot of getting used to, are there any rule changes that nespl is going to do one of the things me and bill were talkin about is that since the difference between am 1 and 2 is minimal, you should combinge them into one class and just do a am open and the max power is 2000 watts,

because the scores were about the same all season, and that would be one less class to buy trophies for but it would still be very competitive,

Ya I'm looking forward to it, after reading your email about it last night I spent an hour or more looking through the classes and what not looking for my niche. I'll say look out TNESPL's Pro No Wall class cuz I am a coming! I'll be much louder by the time the season rolls around, any one else in that class better hope they are too ;-) lol The woofer cooker classes seem pretty cool but I don't quite fit into those classes nor plan to build for them, so Pro NW is def what I will launch my assalt on.

I am pumped for this, I always thought TNESPL needs to have events in New England to be a little more "true to their name" and it seems this is going to be reality! Looking forward to meeting/seeing Thorrs hammer too, I can only assume he'll have a few excuses to be bringing Frank and himself of course around my way, been wanting to meet him but I never got around to it. So whats up Thor, you as excited about this am I am or what?!

woooo those rules are intense, i like em but some them and dislike they are very organized it seems like it would take alot of getting used to, are there any rule changes that nespl is going to do one of the things me and bill were talkin about is that since the difference between am 1 and 2 is minimal, you should combinge them into one class and just do a am open and the max power is 2000 watts,

I may go with Amateur classes pretty close to their rookie classes, one class isn't enough thats for sure. Stock classes get about 3 or four per class, the Amateur classes can see as many as 10 per class, I have no problems filling the Amateur classes so I don't mind buying trophies for them. I like the way they use surface area limits along with power limits, and also they use a point system to determine who can compete in their rookie classes. The rules definitely get some getting used to, but since I don't have any plans to form an official membership and hold a Finals people might want to look into those rules so we can bring TNESPL out to New England and give everyone a chance at competing in a Finals. It would be much better than competing against the same guys you see at every show, that would really be competition.

i have a question for Steve:

will i be in the amatuer class again next year? i only competed twice and will stay within the boundaries.

will i be in the amatuer class again next year? i only competed twice and will stay within the boundaries.

Yes, you will. Right now I'm saying that if you did less than half a season you can still do the Amateur classes, so that would be about 8 shows, if you did more than 8 shows in 2009 you'd have to move up. I may come up with a points system for this next season.

Yes, you will. Right now I'm saying that if you did less than half a season you can still do the Amateur classes, so that would be about 8 shows, if you did more than 8 shows in 2009 you'd have to move up. I may come up with a points system for this next season.

alright that all sounds good to me

but who knows. i might add another woofer and keep the same amount of power. or I might add more power. or bigger woofers with more power. so who knows where I'll end up ;)

should be interesting next season. i plan on making atleast 90% of the shows. and I have many options of what I can do for and improved setup

^^^ I like the sounds of this Marcus! Glad to hear we'll be seeing much more of you.

As far as combining amature classes I don't remember saying that was a good idea, I remember listening to your thoughts on it and considering your thoughts on it, but I def. think it would hurt the League. Having 20 people in one class would not only suck but would make alot of the people in that class lose interest quickly.

Besides Kyle think of the amount of people we know alone planning to built for those classes, that would screw them pretty good. Hell if anything I'd add an Amature 3 class. I know Steve is probly not interested in adding another Am class but I'm just saying. The Am classes is where the league gets it primary growth from, year to year. Its where we started. I know either way I would have been addicted but I would have had alot less fun if I had to jump right in with all the "wolves" . Think about guys like Brice B. he came out just to check it out one weekend, entered the A1 class and won, the win, trophy and excitement got him instanly addicted. Think about Justin F. he came out to his 1st comp ever last Sunday and won, I guaruntee we will see him at alot more events next season. Would that be true if things were different and there was no Am class? Who knows, and I know your not proposing to eliminate AM classes and if AM classes were combined he would have still won but I'm just trying to make a point about how important the amature classes are to the league overall.

Maybe instead of adding an Am 3 class Steve a str8 up show car SPL class would be good. I don't think a single show car won or even placed in an Am class all year lol. However most (actually all I think) were in conjunction with car shows. My thought are it could help to not only get more show cars to enter but raise the potential to get a show car guy addicted. Maybe charge them $5 or just $10 for one run and do certificates only for that class or just a trophy for 1st and certificates for 2nd and 3rd. Just a thought to kick around.

Maybe instead of adding an Am 3 class Steve a str8 up show car SPL class would be good. I don't think a single show car won or even placed in an Am class all year lol. However most (actually all I think) were in conjunction with car shows. My thought are it could help to not only get more show cars to enter but raise the potential to get a show car guy addicted. Maybe charge them $5 or just $10 for one run and do certificates only for that class or just a trophy for 1st and certificates for 2nd and 3rd. Just a thought to kick around.

Funny you mention that, cause that was my original intention behind having an Amateur class. I didn't think SPL guys would bother with the Amateur classes, thats why last season when we started we only had one Amateur class and it was geared more towards the show cars. I may just run 3 Amateur classes anyway, and possibly drop a Super Stock class. I like the Rookie classes with TNESPL, they have a limit of 2000 watts and also limit the subs. Might not be fair for someone like Kyle who needs more subs to get loud, but I really don't expect to see more people coming along with vans that size. Cathy and I are discussing this as I type, what we're thinking of is adding a 3rd Amateur class, and dropping Stock 4. Anyone with a system big enough for Stock 4 can just jump into the no Wall class. No other org has a 4th stock class, so anyone building for Stock 4 would be screwed when they try competing in another org, and next season we're going to look into running more Drags events, as well as TNESPL events. So it would be better for competitors to have all the classes pretty close to each other, maybe just different battery limits or something like that, just to keep us all a little different.

Funny you mention that, cause that was my original intention behind having an Amateur class. I didn't think SPL guys would bother with the Amateur classes, thats why last season when we started we only had one Amateur class and it was geared more towards the show cars. I may just run 3 Amateur classes anyway, and possibly drop a Super Stock class. I like the Rookie classes with TNESPL, they have a limit of 2000 watts and also limit the subs. Might not be fair for someone like Kyle who needs more subs to get loud, but I really don't expect to see more people coming along with vans that size. Cathy and I are discussing this as I type, what we're thinking of is adding a 3rd Amateur class, and dropping Stock 4. Anyone with a system big enough for Stock 4 can just jump into the no Wall class. No other org has a 4th stock class, so anyone building for Stock 4 would be screwed when they try competing in another org, and next season we're going to look into running more Drags events, as well as TNESPL events. So it would be better for competitors to have all the classes pretty close to each other, maybe just different battery limits or something like that, just to keep us all a little different.

yeah the third am class would deff be a good idea, my mistake on saying combine them that woud bunch up alot of competition, so by eliminating stock 4 would that change the sub limits in the other classes like would stock 3 have a a bigger limit

Nah, the sub limits would be the same. So for your system with 4 15's you'd be in the No Wall class. If you do the dB Drags shows you can't compete in the Street Classes, cause you have a van. With drags if you have a van you can compete in Super Street No Wall, Super Street or the Street Max class. But there are also various rules involved with each of those too. Like No wall and the Super Street classes have no battery limits, but Street Max has a 1 battery limit, and walls are also allowed. There are no rules I can see in TNESPL as far as vans, so I guess you can do the WooferCooker classes with the current set up.

And for Bill, can't you do the WooferCooker Pro 2 class? The Pro No Wall class allows 18 volt systems, that might be above your level right now.

Nah, the sub limits would be the same. So for your system with 4 15's you'd be in the No Wall class. If you do the dB Drags shows you can't compete in the Street Classes, cause you have a van. With drags if you have a van you can compete in Super Street No Wall, Super Street or the Street Max class. But there are also various rules involved with each of those too. Like No wall and the Super Street classes have no battery limits, but Street Max has a 1 battery limit, and walls are also allowed. There are no rules I can see in TNESPL as far as vans, so I guess you can do the WooferCooker classes with the current set up.

And for Bill, can't you do the WooferCooker Pro 2 class? The Pro No Wall class allows 18 volt systems, that might be above your level right now.

rite that works, sweet, k so the rule for not competeing for am is if you already did half a season so 8 shows, im asking for dave nick, john and daves cavy because i know the mitsu and the cavy will have done 8 shows by the end of the season so does that mean no am for them next year just wondering , im glad being out of amatuer but just wondering so i can tell them

k so the classes your talking about getting rid of it stock 4 and super stock 3

It's all just ideas for right now, I won't have anything set for a couple months. If I get rid of Stock 4 then I'll keep the Super Stock 3 class. I don't want to offer more than 10 classes, so if I get rid of the Stock 4 class and add an Amateur 3 class then I can keep it at 10 classes. Stock 4 is never full, it usually gets one or two people at the big shows, and the same with the No Wall class. By getting rid of the Stock 4 class and pushing them into the No Wall class it will fill up a class instead of having two classes with 1 or two in each, and it will allow a couple more Amateurs to get a trophy in the Amateur 3 class. Your teammates don't have to think about Amateur for next season, I already told them awhile ago they would be allowed to run it next season.

I'll have to look again, I can't remember why I thought I didn't fit perfectly into it lol. You'd think their Nowall class is out of my reach (I would too) but I looked up all the results from '09 and not a single person hit a 150 in their Nowall class. My goal for next season is to crush my 150 by at least playing music in the mid 150's and by years end I want to burp a 160. I need to prove (to others and myself) that this season was no fluke, so I need at a bare min. to increase my burps by 5 db or next season is a fail for me. I am very happy breaking the 150 mark but still very hungry for more.

Your gonna have to find a new vehicle along with a totally new set up to hit the 160 mark, it's a lot harder than you think. Look at Keith, he's got a wall with two 15's and two SS 10K's to each sub and he can't get over 158. You'll learn that once you hit a certain level you'll have to double your power to gain 1 db.

It's all just ideas for right now, I won't have anything set for a couple months. If I get rid of Stock 4 then I'll keep the Super Stock 3 class. I don't want to offer more than 10 classes, so if I get rid of the Stock 4 class and add an Amateur 3 class then I can keep it at 10 classes. Stock 4 is never full, it usually gets one or two people at the big shows, and the same with the No Wall class. By getting rid of the Stock 4 class and pushing them into the No Wall class it will fill up a class instead of having two classes with 1 or two in each, and it will allow a couple more Amateurs to get a trophy in the Amateur 3 class. Your teammates don't have to think about Amateur for next season, I already told them awhile ago they would be allowed to run it next season.

k thanks steve, and bill didnt get a chance to say it at chicopee was to busy running around thanks for al your help this season allong with dave l and all of the competitors,this was my very first year doing it but im addicted now and will always be lol, i think the whole club is, but once again thank you to everyone, and see you guys at epping

I don't see how dave the one with the cav;

can go from stock 1 to am.2 in the middle of the season. make over 8 shows.

and then get to do am. again next year.

am I missing something?