j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

Next I had to Decouple the plastic pieces like the C pillars and the plastic piece over the sub.

The LLP come's with a bunch of extra CCF on the edge's that doesn't have any vinyl. GREAT scraps for decoupling.

Heres the pics....

med_gallery_10399_356_914136.jpg

The CCF glued where the plastic piece go's.....

med_gallery_10399_356_629953.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_585558.jpg

Another piece glued to the back ot the piece.....

med_gallery_10399_356_870303.jpg

I Put taller plastic clips on to make the piece still fit nice.....

med_gallery_10399_356_62020.jpg

The CCF and Damplifier under the right C-pillar......

med_gallery_10399_356_330408.jpg

No more rattles.....

med_gallery_10399_356_353347.jpg

The other side.....

med_gallery_10399_356_36017.jpg

No more rattle over here either!!!!

med_gallery_10399_356_267129.jpg

The piece installed over the sub, and the rest of the upholstery!!!!!

med_gallery_10399_356_307197.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_572953.jpg

More pics on the way.smile.gif

Heres a pic of the last set-up...

med_gallery_10399_356_119582.jpg

And what it lOOk's like now.biggrin.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_532807.jpg

The left side....

med_gallery_10399_356_103663.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_779651.jpg

The right side.....

med_gallery_10399_356_107138.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_707474.jpg

More pics on the way.smile.gif

:fing34: :fing34:, everytime I see your build it encourages me to go out and do something on my car. I like the before and after pictures, rather impressive upgrade.

The trunk finally buttoned up. Here's a few pictures.smile.gif

The before. The last set-up, I never finished. This was a M650 and F600 amp.

med_gallery_10399_356_55254.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_516848.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_885657.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_143345.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_867618.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_208522.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_376017.jpg

The trunk is done for the moment. I have a few other thing's I plan on doing though.smile.gif

What other things do you plan on doing, have you listened to the sub yet?

Suuuper smooooth dude. All your hard work is showing man. Excellent job here, no doubt. :drink40:

Videos...videos...we want...videos. :lol:

Damn nice!!! so clean its just amazing!

What other things do you plan on doing, have you listened to the sub yet?

I listened for about 20 min on the way to work.woot.gif I didn't crank on it yet but I DID still had an eargasium!!!biggrin.gif

I really think the BTL is going to be a Dr.jeckal/mr.hyde with the right settings.

As far as things to still do in the trunk, I ordered some stinger fuse holders that use ring terminals instead. I lost the factory trunk springs to hold the trunk lid open, SO I need to install a gas strut. I DON'T like the way the loops in the battery leads look. So when I change the fuse holders I will make the leads straight. I also will probably dampen the trunk lid.

As far as in the front of the car, I still need to dampen and LLP the doors.

I am still playing with my fronts and deciding what direction I am gonna go. Right now I just need the get some y-adapter RCA's so I can bridge the F600 and get some serious headroom. I am working on trying different Phasing combos right now. I did get a RF Punch 400a So When I go active I can use that on the tweeters. LOTs and LOTs of headroom. smile.gif

Under the hood I just need to install a fuse on the 1/0 ga alt. power wire and some wire loom. So far my voltage looks OK. Only funny thing is my alternator shuts of about every 20-30 minutes for a minute or two since I installed dual batts.

the RF amp and a Roll of 16 ga speaker wire.med_gallery_10399_356_673961.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_8439.jpg

I have been reading about speakers for a LONG, LONG time now, and feel like I am finally starting to understand What it takes to get the front's set-up right for an SQ set-up. Slowly but surely.trink40.gif ALOT of trial and error, but I am a patient muthafucka.

Edited by j-roadtatts

man looking awsome!!!

i really like this build!

keep up the great work!

Looks very nice!

trink40.gif

Cant wait to see where you go with the front stage.

Right now I am REALLY excited to seal up the front door's and see how much that helps the midbass.

I am working on trying ALL the combination's of phasing on the comps to get the flatest response curve. I will hook up the laptop here soon and see what the Imprint mic has to say about the response curve.

I will be hooking the type-r's up active once I get the wire ran. The 6.5 sounds great full range actually SO Hopefully the tweeter can keep up. I am guessing the R's passive is around 3400-3500 hz 12db/slope So I will start there.

I can't wait to use the H100 to its full potental, and need to start a NOTE LOG so I can remember everything I have tried and what effects it had.

Its hard to say at this time what my next front speaker purchase will be? I have a TON of idea's and theory's, but for now I think the type-r's are good speaker's to learn with.

Super clean install man! Great job!

Thanks for the votes of confidence Guys. I have had alot of fun building and sharing with you guys. I enjoy learning from everybody here and love to here your thoughts, ideas, or ANYTHING else you want to say. popcorn2.gif

Anyways I listened another 20 minutes on the way home. I set the sub and mids at 63hz 18db/slope and this sounded best so far for a quick setting. I have all the front speakers in phase right now and they don't sound that good. I would say theres a big null around 4-5k, midbass is average, small dip at 200hz and seems to also dip around 500hz. I spent most of the day adjusting to the 15" BTL.bananaDance.gif WOW, this sub has the ability to get VIOLENT.cool32.gif

Don't know if it helps or not, but when I had mine playing before, my mids were in phase on both sides, the tweets were both out of phase relative to the mids. We have different vehicles so I don't know if that will work for you, but it's worth a shot. For giggles, try letting your mids play as high as they can when you reverse the phase on the tweets. It may not work, but then again it might.

I'm jealous of your woodworking skills, I've got a LOT of practice to do to catch up! That looks GREAT! Keep the pics coming!

Don't know if it helps or not, but when I had mine playing before, my mids were in phase on both sides, the tweets were both out of phase relative to the mids. We have different vehicles so I don't know if that will work for you, but it's worth a shot. For giggles, try letting your mids play as high as they can when you reverse the phase on the tweets. It may not work, but then again it might.

I'm jealous of your woodworking skills, I've got a LOT of practice to do to catch up! That looks GREAT! Keep the pics coming!

I have had the tweeters out of phase with the mids since I put the tweeters in the door. I am starting over on tuning, back with EVERYTHING in phase just my starting point. trippy.gif and yes it sounds terrible that way, but I haven't listened in 2 months since I started building, SO this gives ME subjectiveness.

Sounds like you have a good handle on things, hopefully it won't take too long to tune so you can get back to doing what we all love on this forum...listening to music!

Good luck with the tuning, I'm sure you'll have it sounding great soon. Then let the good times roll!

This is one of the best builds on the forum, Great Jobwoot.gif

Heres the fuse holders I bought.

STINGER ELECTRONICS BLOWOUT - eBay (item 280473693239 end time Mar-11-10 10:41:37 PST)

I still need to order a waterproof one for the alt. wire.

I think I am In love with my BTL.wub.gif This Monster is amazing, Definetly a dr.jeckl/mr.hyde. So far everything I have listened to sounds amazing.

The fronts sound better to me by the day, and MY brain definetly likes the front only sound more.

I got the Sirius turned on also and it sound suprizingly amazing.

Thanks again EVERYBODY for thier Interest and for your Knowledge, I LOVE SSA.smile.gif

Great build and lots of good info/questions throughout :drink40:

I just bought a 250 AMP alternator from DC.biggrin.gif Dave is a GREAT guy, I really like their customer service!smile.gif

Who said you can't fit a 10 inch in the door. No sweat.laugh.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_70027.jpg

Or I could just roll like this.LOL. Testing, Testing........is this thing on?

med_gallery_10399_356_71688.jpg

Yes these are both jokes , SO laugh a little.laugh.gif I am still pretty set on an 8" though.tongue.gif

Edited by j-roadtatts

Anyways I started to seal up the doors, I started on the front passenger side.

Here are some pictures of the start.

med_gallery_10399_356_779207.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_693411.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_399350.jpg

I think these holes could stand to be a little bigger? But I don't understand back waves So IDK?shrug.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_572231.jpg

The factory plastic........

med_gallery_10399_356_128719.jpg

The door all cleaned up. NOW CHECK OUT THE KOOL POP-UP IN THE BACK GROUND, very trick, holds two atvs on the front. Not mine but in the pic an still wicked KOOL.

med_gallery_10399_356_389307.jpg

Check this stuff out.

med_gallery_10399_356_580692.jpg

I will use it in the doors, in between the two round tube supports and the outside panel. THEY did alittle from the factory, but kinda half assed. THIS will be way mor effective than Damplifier.smile.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_523579.jpg

More pictures soon.

I got some Y-adapters today so I can bridge my F600. I went to my local stereo store thats been here forever, and the just started selling Memphis products, So that was cool. I don't put any sonic faith in RCA cables but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy junk either. Anyways heres some pictures, And I am SUPER EXCITED about my 250 AMP alternator I bought today.dancingsmilie.gif And to hear the F600 bridged, Should have wicked headroom.smile.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_570644.jpg

I know the colored zip ties and ring terminal fuse blocks won't make it sound any better but hey its gonna look damn good.

med_gallery_10399_356_28102.jpg

I found these today at the parts store, these are what OEM wire use. the second set of crimps go's on the wire insulation so the wire is NOT stressed like regular crimp connectors, And yes I solder and heatsrink everything.

med_gallery_10399_356_682204.jpg

these where the bolts I used on SUB.

med_gallery_10399_356_423786.jpg

Great attention to detail J-road, that's what makes a build like this special. I look forward to more of this build, keep up the great work!

:drink40:

Great attention to detail J-road, that's what makes a build like this special. I look forward to more of this build, keep up the great work!

trink40.gif

Thanks for the compliments Richard. I am definetly my own worst critic, I like to hear what other people think as I have been staring at it for months now and can lose my eye sometimes.

trink40.gif