Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Build Log - Updated July 17th - Page 8

build looks good!

good luck tonight! LOL

Thanks man.

She needs to hurry up and get ready. Does she think we are still dating or what?

I really like the way you vented your door pod. I may have to borrow that technique for my own build.

So......

With this warm weather I got a little more done today.

I added a bead of silicone to the outside edge between my door pods and the door panel. Still not happy with it, but it looks 100% better without the gap. I will probably try another bead to build it up or I may break out the body filler and shape it. My goal is to have them perfectly smooth to the door, but I made the pods a little too fat. No problem since the paint matches my door panel exactly, it's nothing I cant fix. They sound badass. Since I am without subs for a little while longer the 8's are doing a fine job. I noticed today that my rear view and side mirrors were shaking.

Mid bass FTFW!

dscf2232a.jpg

dscf2231m.jpg

I have a few sheets of Dynamat Extreme to spare so I added a sheet to the hood for the hell of it.

dscf2230.jpg

Thats pretty much it as far as deadening except for the headliner behind the rear seats. Once my order of dynaliner shows up I will put the rest of the deadener and the liner up there. It made a big difference when I did the headliner from the 3rd row forward. Killing the buzz from the headliner has made a huge difference. Really tightened up the low end getting rid of all that noise.

The big project starts this week when I get the 18's. :drink40:

Cant believe I have missed this one! Im lovin that front stage right now.

Superb job on those pods dude! :drink40:Im really glad I could help, even if it was only to boost your confidence. ;)

Looks like Im going to have to step it up. A three way huh?...Nice.

awaiting new pics...

:popcorn:

Going to take some tonight. They sure are sexy Mark. My wife does not think so, especially since they are on her kitchen table. lol

Cant believe I have missed this one! Im lovin that front stage right now.

Superb job on those pods dude! :drink40:Im really glad I could help, even if it was only to boost your confidence. ;)

Looks like Im going to have to step it up. A three way huh?...Nice.

Thank for the kind words. You made it look easy and I had to give it a go. Glad I did, but sanding bondo sucks ass. that was the worst part.

looks real clean and good. nice :drink40:

Thank you!

Front stage looks great! Doors turned out awesome!

Front stage looks great! Doors turned out awesome!

Thank you for the kind words.

Got my ensolite on the doors today. Had more I wanted to do, but took the kids fishing instead. Wife needed a break (read bitchy as hell) and it was a beautiful day so off we went. The baby, (3) caught her first fish. The box can wait, one day the kids will all be too cool to hang out with the old man.

Going to play around with the phase and tweak on the drivers a little bit, but my doors are all but finished now. :drink40:

dscf2238i.jpg

dscf2240.jpg

Not pretty, but functional. This stuff is a bitch to get on there smooth and wrinkle free. The OCD in me is tempted to do it again even though I am the only one who knows what it looks like under there.

Tomorrow I start cutting wood for this bad boy !!

frontk.png

insidej.png

cornerk.png

Yea buddy, it wont be long now and my junk will slapping again. :santa:

Got my ensolite on the doors today. Had more I wanted to do, but took the kids fishing instead.

The baby, (3) caught her first fish. The box can wait, one day the kids will all be too cool to hang out with the old man.

doors look great to me, should sound a ton different too!

it does me good to see a family fishing trip, that stuff is golden!

chop

Got my ensolite on the doors today. Had more I wanted to do, but took the kids fishing instead.

The baby, (3) caught her first fish. The box can wait, one day the kids will all be too cool to hang out with the old man.

doors look great to me, should sound a ton different too!

it does me good to see a family fishing trip, that stuff is golden!

chop

Thanks man.

They all love to fish. It's nice to get them away from the TV and just talk/spend time with them. It really slows things down and they enjoy it. Best of all it's cheap and hell, crickets, drinks, and a snack. Great bang for the buck as far as family entertainment goes. Beats the hell out of $50.00 for a trip to see a fuckin movie with popcorn.

Did you leave the Mid-bass Pods sealed? If so how do they sound? Yes I still have envy of your three ways.

No, I cut the back out of the pod right behind the woofer and added the PVC piece to vent in to the doors. I sealed the doors up the best I could. It is a big improvment, but there is still some tuneing to be done as well as stopping the buzz created by the woofer pods and the panel. All that buzz cant be helping the sound so I am sure there is more in there if I work them over a bit.

I have always wanted a 3 way set with nice bass. I hope with some more work I can improve on these a little. They are not far off, but I am picky and I want them to hit a little harder than they do. It's in there I just got to find it.

aperiodic those bad boys.

X2 on the family time :drink40: The build is lookin good and I can relate to the OCD thing...LOL!

X3 on the family time.....your kids will remember it always.

Good looking build......keep the pics coming!!! :drink40:

Awesome build!! Cant wait to hear how the 18's do. That is gonna pound seriously!!

Awesome build!! Cant wait to hear how the 18's do. That is gonna pound seriously!!

Thanks man.

I still have a bunch to with the box do unfortunatly. My job is kicking my ass right now and I got one more week like this before I will catch a break. I had hoped to get some done this weekend, but its looking like rain.

No garage FTL.

Great job on the doors, I might steal some of your ideas :)

I just rebuilt my garage, I can't imagine not having it now.

Anyway, great work - more pics

Great job on the doors, I might steal some of your ideas :)

I just rebuilt my garage, I can't imagine not having it now.

Anyway, great work - more pics

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I am thinking about changing it up a little bit and moving the tweeters off the floor. Once I get the subs in I will play around with it a little bit.

Yea, it really sucks not having a shop or garage anymore.

Its raining buckets right now and more tomorrow so it looks like I will get nothing done on my box.

We bought this house last January because it had a good bit more room. Interest rates and low prices like they are it made sense to get this house, but damn I hate not having somewhere to get away and do a little work.

You rebuilt your garage, hummmmm care to make it a time share? lol

I hope some people got to hear your install while the xcon's were sealed. Maybe they turned a head or two. The 18's ported are just flat nuts. :)

EDIT: oops nevermind lol LOOKS GOOOOOD

Edited by BanginGMC

:fing34:

I hope some people got to hear your install while the xcon's were sealed. Maybe they turned a head or two. The 18's ported are just flat nuts. :)

They did and everyone who did was very surprised how loud they get. Nowhere near as loud as I am now tho. :puzzled: You are correct the 18's are sick!

Great work!

Thanks man.

I got some updates to do on this.

I have the 18's installed now for a little while now and DAMN they are so badass. They make it hard to drive when I have them at full tilt. I swear my eyeballs are vibrating. Very loud, but as with the 15's so precise and tight. They absolutely kill the lows and my truck too. lol

I will get some updated pics and a vid up over the weekend.