Soapbox

How much power is considered to much?

power pigs  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How much power is to much?

Granted there are 2 types of consumption even in comp there are definite demarcations to power limits. With the introduction of 3k, 4.5k, 10k and strap-able options where does a person draw the line which is akin to Jumping the Shark?

This all depends whether you are talking a daily setup or comp setup. I wouldn't do more than 5k daily.

This all depends whether you are talking a daily setup or comp setup. I wouldn't do more than 5k daily.

x2, its a personal preference

Depends on the install, the subwoofer, box, the amp and is it giving clean non clipped power...

I also agree, more than 5k is to much except for spl. But everyone is different, like I don't need more than 1800 watts. :)

im going to do 6k daily.

personal preference,

There are a large bunch of idiots on the web that have no idea what power does or why you'd need it. IMO going ballistic on your charging system to add some extra large amplifier is just compensating for a lack of manhood. Obviously competition aside as that is for a specific goal, but people commenting that you NEED to give a sub like a BTL at least 2kW are just flat out wrong and stupid.

I can't help but chuckle at the people running 4kw+ on a pair of drivers in a "daily" system. Considering the power compression occurring and the general inefficiencies involved....how little of an audible benefit they are receiving for all of that additional money spent on the amplifier and additional electrical required to support such a system.

I know thats why I stick with stuff below 2000 watts.

you don't even have a car...

I did and I will again in april. I do have a car just no license. it doesn't mean I can't have other people drive it around for me.

I did and I will again in april. I do have a car just no license. it doesn't mean I can't have other people drive it around for me.

HAHAHAHAHA

? I like my stereo, I like to still hear it once in awhile :) :) :)

I doubt junior knows what "Jumping the Shark" is either. I know where I stand. I like to stay around 1500 ish for daily but definitely like the option to strap amps if I feel like it. uhmm but this begs to question for a poll on comps and their power consumption vrs return too.

There are a large bunch of idiots on the web that have no idea what power does or why you'd need it. IMO going ballistic on your charging system to add some extra large amplifier is just compensating for a lack of manhood. Obviously competition aside as that is for a specific goal, but people commenting that you NEED to give a sub like a BTL at least 2kW are just flat out wrong and stupid.

I see you didn't vote I'd like to know where you draw the line.

i think running more than rms is a waste. unless competition is involved.

Unlike some others I'm not one to say what a man can or can't do with his vehicle and money. I've never ran more than 1200 watts in a daily. Honestly, I was completely satisfied with many stereos with 300 watts or less. Personally I don't think I'd really ever have a need for much more than 2000 watts should I desire that much, but it's just because of the cost of upgrading to multiple batteries, expensive alternators, etc.

just my 2 cents but run as much power as U want. or atleast till you think you are pushing to much power. if u got the money to blow do wut u like, like ***** ***** and his youtube vids 20,000+ watts daily....

if i could i be runnin as much power as i could daily

At 5,000+ you have to be a brave person.

I heard 10,000 on 4 15's today, heaven :santa:

I see you didn't vote I'd like to know where you draw the line.

It's a stupid question so I don't plan to vote. "Draw the line" is a fucking joke as it isn't about power but headroom. Not saying to go ballistically overboard, but I don't need jack on my subs. I am much more concerned about a front stage and again output isn't the name of the game for me at all so also a pointless question if you ask.

i am assuming you were refering to how much is too much on daily drivers.

so i voted 5k+

i personally am constently broke!

saying that to say, the electrical upgrades required to push those amps are exspensive...

i currently run a SAZ1500D , it does quite well for me. i do need a new / bigger battery for the truck, but it is not just a audio issue, that battery in there just plain out sucks!

i would like to have like a hkc 600 or the likes to back it with, but still not that big of a cost.

i think it is all goal related to an extent, it is cool to see the huge setups, but at my level, not needed.

and for the sake of all the jr's out there, i have been around a little while and have no idea why we are jumping over sharks, lol

i think sharks are scarey and should not be in your car regardless of how much power you are running, lmao