ChaosWarlord26

ChaosWarlord26's Dodge Ram Truck Build

I will get straight to it. I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 ST. Inside will be a combination of items. For head unit I am using a Pioneer DEH-P6000ub, For proccessors I am using Audio Control Four.1, Epic-150, and a 24xs Crossover. Amplifiers are Soundstream PCX1500d and Rubicon 2.250. For subs I am Soundstream PW15s subs and door speakers are Eclipse 8062 6.5" Components with Soundstream TSW.3 tweets. For power I am running 2 Shuriken SK-BT60 batts. and a Power Acoustic 10 farad capacitor. For power and ground I am running 2/0 main scaled down to 4ga from the dirsto to the amps. New box dimensions are as follows:

External dimensions: 58.5"w x 16"t x 9"d. Internal space is 3.2^ft after sub and port displacement. There are two 3" double flared ports at 10"L. The enclosure is tuned to 32hz. Now for the picture show. Please excuse the enclosure pics. All I had was my cell phone.

P1011500.jpg

P1011496.jpg

P1011496.jpg

100_2070.jpg

100_2073.jpg

100_2074.jpg

100_2076.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

100_2081.jpg

100_2083.jpg

100_2085.jpg

100_2086.jpg

100_2090.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2126.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010080.jpg

Photo0005.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

Photo0014.jpg

Photo0015.jpg

Photo0016.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

Photo0018.jpg

Photo0023.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

This weekend I plan on laying a layer of Dynamat Extreme across the backwall of the truck and install the box subs and amps. I will of course take pics as I go for this build log. Please let me know what you think.

WOW that HU looks good in there. I am always happy when they look stock. You did a GREAT job on EVERYTHING you did. I will be tuned in for more details.trink40.gif

WOW that HU looks good in there. I am always happy when they look stock. You did a GREAT job on EVERYTHING you did. I will be tuned in for more details.trink40.gif

Thank you!

Where in KY are you? I'm about 35 mins south of Lexington. I'd love to hear this machine

Where in KY are you? I'm about 35 mins south of Lexington. I'd love to hear this machine

About 45 min south of Cincy. Half between Cincy and Louisville. Just over an hour from Lexington.

Edited by ChaosWarlord26

I took a few more pics this evening. I just hooked up the sub amp to test and hear this new box. I am very happy with the sound. I just need to do something about how boomy it is. Maybe add a couple pieces of egg crate foam or something. Also I am still trying to figure out where I am going to place everything. Now for the pics.

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Looking good! Keep up the good work!

I have the same Pioneer headunit. It works great. Hope you enjoy yours. keep up the good work. Very nice install. :popcorn:

Edited by Cablguy184

looking good,

quick build log, lol

mine will be like 20x slower....

so all out that info, i missed the rca's ......would like all the info i could get on them as well as a few more pics.....

the cap, tell all on it too, i am dusty on the latest trend of caps, are they back in acceptance now?

i would think it appears to be larger than your need, that was always the rule for them, , lol, "go big"

is that 7/8" birch?

the pic shows four 15"s ....the box holds two..... whats up with that?

oh, and the pic of the truck, FTW!!!

chop

Nice build! Nice to see someone rocking SoundStream, i have been trying to push them lately, whats your opinion on them? Have you used them before?

y use a capacitor? nice build tho, looks great!

It's so easy to put components in your truck.. makes me hate my little pick up.

No door speakers holes = :suicide-santa:

Chop : the Pic of the 3 subs was originally all the equipment I had purchased. I did have an install with all three but it sounded like crap. So I rebuilt with two instead. The cap is just a 10 farad Power Acoustic I found a good deal on when I purchased everything else. I wasn't hurting for money at the time. The RCA's are nothing special. They are no-brand name that were cheap. As for quality I am very please with them. They are shielded and I have no complaints. P3 RCA from Parts Express ship same day and come with 45 day money back guarantee. Free Shipping Available. Order free 10,000 product catalog.

Brandon: The reason why I use the cap is just have that little extra support. I know it is not a necessity when I already have 2 batts and there is always the debate on how much it does/does not help. Since I am not a mainstream competitor and mainly just listen to music on a daily basis it help with the SQ portion. (My build is by no means geared for SQ) The capacitor has been a proven factor for filtering and helping the transient bass notes be clearer.

TRP: I have always like Soundstream since the 90's when they had the original Reference series. I could not afford that stuff back then when I was a teenager though. I am impressed with the amps, but for the subs they are very good entry level. For the $90 a piece I paid for them they are worth every penny. But that is where my system's weakness is. I seriously need to upgrade to some icons or an xcon or something.

Thanks for all the compliments. I did not get to do my sound deadening this weekend but did manage to get all my wiring done. I will get some pics up when the rain quits.

Lookin' good my Brother. Everything is coming together nicely for you. I like the simple but functionable layout you choose for the box and amps. Keep up the good work.trink40.gif

Ok everyone. So my build is already going to be taking another change. I'm gutting the truck again and building a new enclosure for the new sub I am getting. I am getting an Icon 15" D2 from Stevemead here on the forums. Thus the reasoning for the enclosure change. Here are the specs of the box I am going to be building.

Outside measurements: 16"T x 58.5"W x 10"D. This will give me an internal net of 4.066 cubic feet. After sub, port and bracing displacement I should have around 3.26 cubic feet of space for the sub. My port is going to be 4"x8.5"x25"deep tuned to 32 hz.. The sub will be mounted behind the passenger seat and the port will be facing up behind the driver seat. This is the part where I need some input. My port will have a 90 degree bend in it to acquire the rest of the needed port length. I do not know how to calculate the 45 degree cuts for the port. Here is the example pic from the SSA Tech section: (sorry if I broke any rules. If I did I will change immediately)

inside_small.jpg

Ok everyone, I have finished box number 3 last night. This will be for the SSA ICON 15" D2. I should be receiving it today. Here are the pics and the specs to the box are in the previous post. Once again sorry about the quality I have is my cell phone.

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0041.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

Photo0047.jpg

I didnot attempt to do the 45 degree cuts for the port because I did not understand how to calculate the port length with them. I can always rebuild another box later when I learn and feel more comfortable.

What you do is measure from the center of the port down its length. If the 45s are little then it doesn't change anything.

Where are you in KY again?

Looks good so far, although I would get that passive xover off the door, I had some on the door, and the repeated opening/closing of the door caused parts to break off the boards. Mine were very high quality--Diamond d971, so it wasnt build quality that did it.

Cool, your about an hour away from me. But yeah there is a MECA show in Frankfort and a lot of the local guys are going to be there. I thought I may just tell you as its only an hour from you as well.

I will be going to a show tomorrow and get everything metered of course. Hope I do well. This will be my first since 2001. I will be competing with the FCBC group in KY. Here is their link FCBC

I will be competing in the 200SD class and my goal average is a 142. Of course I will post pics and a video or 2 from this saturday.