sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

You do realize that this is probably going to wind up in Super Street? :drink40:

Awesome job!

You do realize that this is probably going to wind up in Super Street? :drink40:

Awesome job!

Thanks! I'll just be glad when it can hit the Street, Super or not :fing34:

Edited by sefugi

So far so amazing haha

What's amazing is I can still type after sanding for the last few days...body work sucks! Def. not my calling :suicide-santa:

Another day is drawing to a close but we have made more progress. I'm so tired of sanding. Originally had a couple guys that were going to do the body work and paint the car, but you can't count on anybody anymore. So all the preping that has been going on was not suppose to be in my lap, but now it is and we are doing our best. It's coming along but it sucks. Here's a few more picks of the progress.

Got the side-skirts mocked up.

img2768a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Then got them primed.

img2954ud.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Front fenders primed.

img2956y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

img2955a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Started wet-sanding fenders.

img2987v.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Finished wet-sanding fenders.

img2988zu.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Anybody wanna help sand this thing??? :trippy:

O.K. We all have our jobs. To take a break from sanding my son worked on the front and rear bumper. Had to cut and fit the wire mesh to fit in all the holes that are cut in them. He also wanted to add some support rods to the front bumper for strength.

This is the rear bumper with the screen cut and fit in the bottom holes, one side will have to be cut out for the muffler to fit through. Oh! Yes those are headlamps wired and modded into the back-up lights. His idea, I guess he needs more light when he backs up.

04251015.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Untouched front bumper.

img2986j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Support Rods and screen installed. Starting to look good. I might even drive this thing! My son says :No:

0425109.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

04251010.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

0425108.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-30

Thanks for looking, will continue to move towards getting this together a peice at a time.

I know it's been said, but I wish my dad did this stuff with me. Instead I get yelled at when I fix my car or his car, because since he doesn't know anything about cars or engines, that means I don't either for some reason. The fact that you are doing stuff like this with your son is such a cool thing to me, because I know a few of my friend's dads are really cool about stuff like this, and I just wish my dad was.

Anyway, the car looks great, you guys are really doing a great job.

I know it's been said, but I wish my dad did this stuff with me. Instead I get yelled at when I fix my car or his car, because since he doesn't know anything about cars or engines, that means I don't either for some reason. The fact that you are doing stuff like this with your son is such a cool thing to me, because I know a few of my friend's dads are really cool about stuff like this, and I just wish my dad was.

Thanks!!! Hopefully it gives my son some good memories to keep forever and maybe pass along to his children.

Thats funny when you put son says no...well dad says yes and dad payed for it so dad can drive it... Just how much is the cost for all this...you dont have to be exact just round to the nearest thousandth...or ten thousandth :peepwall:

Thats funny when you put son says no...well dad says yes and dad payed for it so dad can drive it... Just how much is the cost for all this...you dont have to be exact just round to the nearest thousandth...or ten thousandth :peepwall:

Couldn't really say without going through all the receipts, last tally was around 7 grand that included the car. How much does our labor count for? How bout you give me an estimate on that part. :shrug:

The body work looks great!

I'll drop off my 93" Civic coupe for you to work on .... tongue.gif

The body work looks great!

I'll drop off my 93" Civic coupe for you to work on .... tongue.gif

I thought I would enjoy doing the body and paint, I guess the outcome is enjoyable or hopefully it will. I have great respect for guys that have awesome paint jobs, I can see how much work goes into it. Getting to the prime stage wasn't bad, but all the block/wet sanding is so time consuming. Nothing speeds it up. Taking a break this morning, might get some more done this afternoon.

Give me few months after I finish this project and you can make a rode trip down, over 1400 miles between us, your choice.... :drink40:

Edited by sefugi

The progress you have made over a short month is very impressive. Well done Dad!

Either you

a. are much younger then you let on

b. are a machine

What color rice you going to paint her? lol

The progress you have made over a short month is very impressive. Well done Dad!

Either you

a. are much younger then you let on

b. are a machine

What color rice you going to paint her? lol

Sir-Lancelot, This is being posted directly for you! I am a 45 year old MACHINE, probly in need of some mantenance but in GREAT working order. :drink40:

What color rice, well the only rice I could find was white or brown. So we went to Automotive Repair Tools, Automotive Accessories, Auto Body Tools - Eastwood Company and picked out Cruise Night Metalic Blue. Whole car will be painted this color minus the portion faceing the sky(hood, roof, and hatch)which will be Eastwood's Blvd Black.

Urethane Enamal single stage paint shot as a base-coat clear-coat using Eastwoods clear.

img2992.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-31

Here is a sample of the paint I let my son shoot on the fuel lid ad a tester :fing34:

img2993j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-31

I hear ya on the tune up. 39 here and some days I could use a little additional maintenance myself.

Should be nice! I will be checking it out as you progress.

Thanks!!! Hopefully it gives my son some good memories to keep forever and maybe pass along to his children.

Hmmm, yea me and my dad did some stuff like this once. And I still remember it. I'm sure he will.

I can't wait to see it done!! :woot:

Edited by El Cazador

Wow just read the past 7 pages awesome work going on with your project car. Your son will carry all of these memories of the two of you working on the project. Myself growing up and working on car projects with my dad are great memories. Funny he was into fixing them back up to a clean stock appearance and I was always with some crazy ideas on project. I am 45 with a few dings and dents here and there so yes you are as young as you feel, looking forward to seeing more of your project.

Couldn't really say without going through all the receipts, last tally was around 7 grand that included the car. How much does our labor count for? How bout you give me an estimate on that part. :shrug:

working with your dad...priceless

Will be a really nice car for only 7 grand when all is said and done

I hear ya on the tune up. 39 here and some days I could use a little additional maintenance myself.

Should be nice! I will be checking it out as you progress.

I guess since about the age of forty I realized I can still do every thing I did when I was 20 it just takes longer to recover. :shrug:

Thanks for the comments.

Hmmm, yea me and my dad did some stuff like this once. And I still remember it. I'm sure he will.

I can't wait to see it done!! :woot:

I bet you can't!!!

Hey guys don't let this fella fool ya, This is my son "EL CAZADOR" The lucky young man you guys have commented about.

picture105l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-31

Good lookin' Guess he looks like his momma Lucky for him!!!

Wow just read the past 7 pages awesome work going on with your project car. Your son will carry all of these memories of the two of you working on the project. Myself growing up and working on car projects with my dad are great memories. Funny he was into fixing them back up to a clean stock appearance and I was always with some crazy ideas on project. I am 45 with a few dings and dents here and there so yes you are as young as you feel, looking forward to seeing more of your project.

I like crazy ideas, that's what turns heads. Don't get me wrong I love a beautiful clean and original classic anytime, but those crazy ideas are what make a ride your own. Thanks for the comment Oh! and nowadays you can get those dings and dents repaired. :ehh:

working with your dad...priceless

Will be a really nice car for only 7 grand when all is said and done

Working with your son...priceless

Thanks

A round of applause for super dad :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Dad takes a bow.... :faintthud:

Thanks!!

Update Time!! Got these Q-Logic Kick pods this last week. Cut the holes for the O2 Mids and tweets and test-fitted. I think these will work OK.

img2388rm.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

Test Fit-

img2389ae.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

Holes Cut-

img2394h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

One side speakers mounted-

img2395k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

Both sets mounted-one with grill one without.

img2396z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

Passenger side fitted in car without Q-grille-

img2408b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05

Driver Side with Q-grille. My sone suggested painting the factory gray Q-grilles black like the tweeter...

What do you guys think??????

img2415j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-05