sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

so many buttons! good work sir

Thank You Sir!!!

Everything Looks killer!!! I love the center console, can't wait to see it installed. What seats are you guys thinking? Probably smart to run the extra speaker wire even if you don't use it at first.smile.gif

"Everything Looks killer!!!" As do your 10's in the doors, Hoping to get the carpet in soon, then we can get a good look at it.... Thanks!

Edited by sefugi

Looking great.

You guys are busting ass. With all the work put in to this one, I bet your son has learned a ton and will take good care of his new baby.

Nice job guys!

We Thank You!!! Yes my son has learned alot, now it seems more guys are showing up that my son has told he can do this or that to their car.... "Son, we gotta work on your car." says dad. But it is really cool helping out with other peoples rides and sharing our love for the auto & audio world!

OK, Got the headliner installed. Made some mods on the B pillars cause the factory seat belts are out, will be using a set of 4-points. The B pillars will make more sense once I get the carpet and rear seat installed. Did a quick mod on the rear speaker mount. Factory speakers were 6X9 and we liked the 8" coaxial that O2 Oxygen offered so we made them fit. Once the rear panels are reinstalled the back will look factory, but have a little twist. Stay tuned for more.....Lots more comin' :woot:

img2320rt.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture044d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture037q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture036w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture035s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture033f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

picture034y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-24

I have seen a lot of veiws on this build but few have replied. If you got comments (good or Bad) let um fly. Interested in what people think!!!! :bull: or :woot:

everything looks great. i also wish my father was into caraudio as i am. but i guess hopefully it something my kids and i will have in common. build looks great. keep up the good work. im deff tuned in.

everything looks great. i also wish my father was into caraudio as i am. but i guess hopefully it something my kids and i will have in common. build looks great. keep up the good work. im deff tuned in.

Thanks for the reply!! My Dad was never into the car stuff I was into growing up....But it bit the crap out-of me and I've been into it since. Lucky for my son I still have the audio fever. Thanks Again!

awsome progress so far. the car is coming along great. look forward to seeing more.

awsome progress so far. the car is coming along great. look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the reply!!! It always gives motivation when we receive responses. Thanks again and we have a lot more comin' your way!

I LOVE custom cars.biggrin.gif I can tell you guys are taking your time and thinking everything out, ALWAYS important when customizing. Keep knockin' it out Baby.smile.gif

As many others have said, I think it's awesome that you guys are doing this together. When I was growing up my dad only came to one of my competitions and missed my run because he was outside of the expo building pouring a beer in to a Mt. Dew can since no alcohol was permitted on the premises :drink40:

You want to be my dad for a couple weeks???

Really nice job on the car, especially that center console :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

I feel like everyone else, I wish that my father or even stepfather were interested in any of my hobbies. You guys are really being patient and it shows in the quality of work we get to see :drink40: I'll keep watching in envy and be eagerly anticipating the finished product :popcorn:

Like everyone else has said, I wish my father had been into audio when I was growing up. (well, at least getting older, do we ever really grow up?) The effort you guys are putting into this project will really pay off in the long run, and the attention to detail is incredible. Your son is a very lucky young man. Keep up the good work! :drink40::popcorn:

Lookin Great. Keep up the clean good work.

I just hope my son gets the bug to want to enter into the car audio world with me. Have a car we both can work on if thats what he decides.

Nice install !

Keep working and posting pics. We love that !

I did not understand what you put in the beautiful center console, all that knoobs to do what ?

BTW : 1) what car is it ?

2) You should run some extra wire to your front doors, just in case you want to run the front speakers active some day. like someone already told you !

Good luck

You want to be my dad for a couple weeks???

Really nice job on the car, especially that center console :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

You might have to stand in line I've got a few of my son's freinds already asking!

Like everyone else has said, I wish my father had been into audio when I was growing up. (well, at least getting older, do we ever really grow up?) The effort you guys are putting into this project will really pay off in the long run, and the attention to detail is incredible. Your son is a very lucky young man. Keep up the good work! :drink40::popcorn:

No I don't think we ever grow up. More responcible maybe, but grow up NO! Yes I think attention to details are important and making modifications sets something apart from another and gives a personal touch. Plus it's cool to hear someone say how did you do that?

Nice install !

Keep working and posting pics. We love that !

I did not understand what you put in the beautiful center console, all that knoobs to do what ?

BTW : 1) what car is it ?

2) You should run some extra wire to your front doors, just in case you want to run the front speakers active some day. like someone already told you !

Good luck

Thanks for the reply and the questions.... All the knobs?????

8 switches- 2 for controlling the 2 sub amps(my son wanted to be able to run the 10's independent from the 15 and visa-versa.

1 for the rear veiw camera

1 for the power antenna

1 for the LEDs we are adding

2 for fog lights and driving lights (body kit has large front bumper and lots of holes to fill)

1 for the headlight and foglight HALOs

2 Bass knobs for the amps

Yes we will be running extra speaker wiring, I think we have decided to try going active on the front speakers.

What kind of car???? In the title of the post- '95 Mitsibushi Eclipse RS 420a w/5speed

Edited by sefugi

Nice looking install! I like the progress on the install and the car itself!

Nice looking install! I like the progress on the install and the car itself!

Thanks! We have enjoyed the time together and it seems we may eventually have a car that is completed.

Still waiting on a few peices and carpet so we decided to get started on some body work. Have a look at the mess we have gotten ourselves into!

img2282s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

img2287w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

img2285a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

img2289zs.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

img2286w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

Put in a good days work with some great weather and we have made progress :fing34:

110109003.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

110109002.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

110109004.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

About the time the primer was sprayed we got a package!! The Spoiler!! :drink40:

110109008.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-05-28

I love all the carbon fiber ;)

That is deffinatly my son's opinion, carbon fiber does have a cool look. He did want carbon doors-Dad said :No:

That is deffinatly my son's opinion, carbon fiber does have a cool look. He did want carbon doors-Dad said :No:

LOL!

Looking good Dad! I am sure your son is damn proud of the old man, carbon doors or not.

LOL!

Looking good Dad! I am sure your son is damn proud of the old man, carbon doors or not.

Can you relate??? Stayed home from work, wife went to work turned off phone and before you know it got some work done without 20 different interuptions :suicide-santa: