superman814

finally pulled the plug on my order

after reading tons of reviews and watching a ton of vids on you tube my 8 month journey has brought me to fi tomorrow im ordering 2 15'' q's..i will be sending around 2000-2500 watts in total..now i need some help please guys..id like some suggestions on what size box to go for both sealed and ported..because im not building my own box im having a shop do it for me so i cant just try a few boxes i dont have the funds to do that..90% of the music will be rap and the other 10% will be a mix of all other kinds of music..going 15's i obviously want it loud but id like it to be musical..have sq to them..im not just looking to sound like a fart canon or anything..i hope this info helps with the box decisions and dimensions thank you

I'm interested in why you went with the Q when you want to go loud. I've got a BTL, and its anything but a "fart cannon". Also, they have recommended box sizes on their website if you'd do a little research.

He said he wants musical, i have a BTL also and i dont see it being musical. obnoxious.. brutal... insane is how id describe those damn BTL's lol. ive heard a Q and it sounded great, sounds like he picked the correct sub to me, As far as box sizes i cant help much, use the recommended box sizes Fi offers and you should be just fine. good pick on the subs, fi is great.

I dunno, I love my BTL, when I'm not looking for extreme bass, I turn it down on the HU, and it still sounds great, with the ability to make the roof of my truck look like a sheet of paper flapping in the breeze at the spin of a dial...

Gonna have a blown Q thread here soon.

Gonna have a blown Q thread here soon.

Kinda what I was thinking. If I was going to throw that kind of power to something, I think I'd choose something other than the Q.

not sure why it would blow with 2000 watts when they are rated at 1000 watts each ive got a alpine Alpine MRP-M2000..im thinking going sealed at 5 cu ft total for both

Edited by superman814

There is more to it than thermal failure.

not sure why it would blow with 2000 watts when they are rated at 1000 watts each ive got a alpine Alpine MRP-M2000..im thinking going sealed at 5 cu ft total for both

With that kinda of power it would have been better to buy 2 BL'S or just 1 BTL

There is more to it than thermal failure.

This.

Also, just because it is rated at 1000, it doesn't mean it needs all of that power.

i would say get some BLs, get some cooling options and you should be set. :drink40:

lol..this makes me laugh when i have read people sending these things over 1000 and people say oh they will purr nicely..but i want to send them rated people tell me they will blow only cause i have enough power on tap for a bl..but you guys dont understand i dont want a bl..i want a sealed setup

He said he wants musical, i have a BTL also and i dont see it being musical. obnoxious.. brutal... insane is how id describe those damn BTL's lol. ive heard a Q and it sounded great, sounds like he picked the correct sub to me, As far as box sizes i cant help much, use the recommended box sizes Fi offers and you should be just fine. good pick on the subs, fi is great.

I've got a BTL in my home theater..

It sounds fantastic...

What it boils down to is the loose nut behind the controls and how to tune things. But to say it sounds like crap is completely wrong.

What it boils down to is the loose nut behind the controls and how to tune things.

So true!

As you have found out by now, opinions are VERY SUBJECTIVE.

It sounds like you did your homework and made a good decision. You can download "WinISD" off the internet for free. Its a program that will model the subs in different enclosures for you and shows the different Response curves you will get out of each enclosure.smile.gif

As you have found out by now, opinions are VERY SUBJECTIVE.

It sounds like you did your homework and made a good decision. You can download "WinISD" off the internet for free. Its a program that will model the subs in different enclosures for you and shows the different Response curves you will get out of each enclosure.smile.gif

Waste of time..as that is considering the woofer in an anechoic environment..which a car is definitely the polar opposite of that.

Stick to our box guidelines, it is what works best for our subs. Just use WinISD to calculate the port if that is what you are going for :).

phuck it im getting 2 bl 10's id love to go 12's but a 5 cu ft box is to big for my trunk 2007 cadillac cts..im already gona have a battery back there so i think 2 10's ported will be nice