Dictator1992

6.5 budget speakers

Been looking around for a good 6.5 half component set speakers for my door for good midrange!!! The problem is cant find any speakers i like for under 100$. Im going to power the bad boys with a "Infinity reference series 7541a" amp. Open minded for any speakers suggestions.

Nobody can really tell you what you like. Just go listen to some, get some ideas and come back.

RSD65cs - Phoenix Gold 6.5

would fit your budget and most seem to like them.

Nobody can really tell you what you like. Just go listen to some, get some ideas and come back.

That's a lot easier said than done. I'm not aware of a single shop around here that has a decent set of components. Sure, some areas are different but I'm willing to bet that most local shops wont carry decent components.

I'm very happy with the set of RF components I have. Got them for like $80, free shipping, and for the price I can't complain. I mistakenly ordered the set with the integrated crossovers though.

Edited by inkfx

i paid around 150.00 for my alpine sps-600's but thats at a dealer....i have seen them for 75.00 on the net i like them.....they are clean as hell

Edited by djteks

ok i retract my statment. inkfx and sir-lancelot know what you like.

Let me ask you this? what have you heard and what didnt you like about them?

ok i retract my statment. inkfx and sir-lancelot know what you like.

No need to be a smartass. Of course I don't know what he likes but I can offer him my opinion on what I own. If you can show me some shops that have a good selection of component speakers for you to actually listen to, I'll bite my tongue.

I like my Alpine Type R's.

Got a video on my build log.. they got the police called on me for disturbing the peace haha

Get the DD 6.5's. There's a mustang around here that does 151's in a trunk setup off of 6 of them. :)

Ahhh, my bad... What about the Crescendo components. $100 shipped and not mainstream at all if you're into different stuff. Crescendo audio ccx65 review

Get the DD 6.5's. There's a mustang around here that does 151's in a trunk setup off of 6 of them. :)

Ahhh, my bad... What about the Crescendo components. $100 shipped and not mainstream at all if you're into different stuff. Crescendo audio ccx65 review

Where can the Crescendo comps be purchased?

Crescendo Audio

Which? They have about 3 different 6.5 models.

The Crescendos I am talking about are the ccx65. The mustang DD install are 6 DDW6.5's on a DD M3A amp @ .667 ohm. Here's a pic, I've seen him hit a 151.3 sealed on the term lab.

abcdef083.jpg

The Crescendos I am talking about are the ccx65. The mustang DD install are 6 DDW6.5's on a DD M3A amp @ .667 ohm. Here's a pic, I've seen him hit a 151.3 sealed on the term lab.

abcdef083.jpg

I see a guys head in front of that box!! Haha

dd is the shit. I think I'm going to give them my money on my next upgrade

abcdef083.jpg

Yeah, I meant the DD's.

I had the DDC set, the woofers were fairly nice, but I didnt like the tweeters at all. Way too bright for me.

The best ones ive heard are some oxygen 6.5 pros and my buddy 46panels rf p1 series 6.5s on a mb 4125.

It is sometimes hard to find a shop that will sell any decent selection of components. Don't get me wrong; if you are willing to drive a little ways you can find a shop that has good equipment, but they've probably sold their souls to one or two manufactures and only deal in their merch. Best bet would be borrow some cash, buy 2 or 3 sets that you think you would like, test them, keep what you like and sell what you don't. The budget makes that difficult, but if you live by your budget you won't get what you most desire.

That's a lot easier said than done. I'm not aware of a single shop around here that has a decent set of components. Sure, some areas are different but I'm willing to bet that most local shops wont carry decent components.

I'm very happy with the set of RF components I have. Got them for like $80, free shipping, and for the price I can't complain. I mistakenly ordered the set with the integrated crossovers though.

Seriously? You live in San Antonio, there are plenty of options for you.

Buying speakers without listening to them first is not a good idea. They are more personal than how shoes or pants fit so just picking some arbitrary set someone else likes won't get you very far.

Seriously? You live in San Antonio, there are plenty of options for you.

Buying speakers without listening to them first is not a good idea. They are more personal than how shoes or pants fit so just picking some arbitrary set someone else likes won't get you very far.

Please point them out to me. Seriously, show me one place that has a good selection of speakers to listen to. I have a feeling you wont be able to. The only one I can think of is Best Buy, and they don't carry components. The only BB that has a set of components is the one on 1604 and 281 and it's a set of Alpine Type-S. I've been to a LOT of shops around here and the main focus is coax speakers, not components.

Edited by inkfx

Well i took a plunge and got the hifonics zeus component(x2) set cheap as H*ll something worth trying cant be worst then my sony xplod 5.25 speakers and my one little power acoustik tweater piercing my EAR to death!

ya i myself am planning on getting these