I'm looking at getting an 18" btl to put in my jeep, i have box plans, but i am also looking for an amplifier. Has anybody ever heard anything on Planet Audio, or do you have an idea of what better amp I should get to push just one 18?

EDIT: I'm looking at the Planet Audio AC4000.1D Amplifier

Edited by JeepBass

Budget?

No real budget.. But I don't want anything thats like Rockford Fosgate expensive. Maybe like $500-600?

Planet Audio is something they sell at my Local Fleemarket.

Never heard any review about them or seen the guts of one.

Dont know if your BTL would appreciate that amp or not lol

probably does underatted power

But if its what your budget falls in and you cant find a better amp for your bucks then i say go for it :drink40:

Budget?

x2.

Your ganna drop the money for a BTL but not a good amp to push it?

If you have no real budget and your between 500-600 i think a Sundown Audio 1500D would make that BTL happy :popcorn:

If you have no real budget and your between 500-600 i think a Sundown Audio 1500D would make that BTL happy :popcorn:

That'd be exactly what I'm looking for, I believe. Thanks!

If anybody else has any other ideas as far as other brands of amps, let me know!

I have owned the Planet Audio VX900D and it is rated 900 watts RMS @ 1 ohm and really put out around 955 rms. So there ratings are pretty close to what they rate them at. I had my amp for 1.5 - 2 years pushing two 10" Pioneer Premiers and it never got hot, shorted anything out, or anything like that. It was a great amp and I would buy from them again if I found a good deal on an amp. Here is a video clip I took when I had it.

Planet Audio makes good amps.

I know back in my day they had some very nice ones, but I lost track over the years.

So would my better bet be to go with the Planet Audio AC4000.1, or the Sundown SAZ 1500D?

I'm not biased either way, but I dont have many reviews to base the Planet Audio off of..

pre order a saz 2500d for 525 dollars, supposed to be out real soon.

Why not look into the Crescendo 3k? Get a dual 1 BTL and run it at 2 ohms and have room for expansion later, or get a dual 2 run it at 1 ohm and have TONS of headroom on tap for that sub. Either way at $550 new it's not a bad choice and it's supposed to be built just like a Sundown SAZ3000.

i would save some money and buy the audioque aq2200 for 389

I think I'm going to breakdown and get my hands on a Crescendo soon.

I think old planet audio amps used to do rated. On newer models, I don't know.... it's like they've fallen off the map where I live...

All good choices above! Sundown, AQ and Crescendo are very well built amps! Planet Audio, I have no experience with!

Me being a little biased toward Sundown I would look into the new SAZ-2500D as mentioned above. It is going to be a very nice amp for the money!

I liked my Planet Audio amp. It stayed alive as several other amps in my installs failed over the years. I think I had it in my car for about 3 years powering some highs, now it's doing sub duty in my brother's car. It was a TT2300, 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms. They had a number of lines, the lowest was very average, the highest (big bang series I think) was pretty decent. Not sure about their new stuff.

I know back in my day they had some very nice ones, but I lost track over the years.

I have the p706, circa 1998 I believe. Was made by ZED at the time.

All good choices above! Sundown, AQ and Crescendo are very well built amps! Planet Audio, I have no experience with!

Me being a little biased toward Sundown I would look into the new SAZ-2500D as mentioned above. It is going to be a very nice amp for the money!

So if I were to pre-order the SAZ-2500D, which sub should I get? the dual 1, or the dual 2? and should I wire it to 1 ohm or 2?

You will get the Dual 2 ohm and wire it to 1 ohm:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

So if I were to pre-order the SAZ-2500D, which sub should I get? the dual 1, or the dual 2? and should I wire it to 1 ohm or 2?

A couple different options -

You could go with a dual 2, wire it in parallel and run the amp at 1 ohm.

Or

Get the dual 1 wire it in series and run the amp at 2 ohm.

Save up and buy another dual 1 ohm subwoofer wire it series and then wire the pair in parallel to a 1 ohm load.

Depends on if you want to expand later to a dual sub setup.

I was told a few years ago that Planet Audio amps were made in the USA. That's all I really know about them.