SentraGuy

Fi BL 12 help. (Vid)

What kind of voltage are you getting out of those RCA cables??? Grab a digital multimeter and find out.

My bet is the Line output converter....

That amp input sensitivity is 200MV to 6 volts.

so lets say the power from the RCA cables are only 250MV...well with the current gain setting of course you are not getting any output.

Just because the gain is maxed, doesnt mean its wrong. as long as the gain is set to the input voltage of your amp you will be fine.

also is there any adjustments on the line output converter?

Edited by beandip

Definitely look at that LOC, with that much power behind it the woofer should be moving a lot more.

"Sitting at a constant 13.6...13.7...ish" Haha.

What kind of voltage are you getting out of those RCA cables??? Grab a digital multimeter and find out.

My bet is the Line output converter....

That amp input sensitivity is 200MV to 6 volts.

so lets say the power from the RCA cables are only 250MV...well with the current gain setting of course you are not getting any output.

Just because the gain is maxed, doesnt mean its wrong. as long as the gain is set to the input voltage of your amp you will be fine.

also is there any adjustments on the line output converter?

I will go test the LOC.

Do I have to turn the system up to do so... or can I just have it on period to get a voltage?

And with the LOC, there is a knob for levels, and it has been maxed since I got it. I tried changing it, and it only got quieter.

:o thats a sexy Digital Voltmeter.. Where did you get it? ( obv stinger ) but where?.. And how much is it :D its sexy!

I just have a lame voltmeter from advance auto parts and its like the little needle that moves and i hate it.. the one you have is so gorgeous and a lot easier to read quickly like at a glance than my crap one.. :D

:o thats a sexy Digital Voltmeter.. Where did you get it? ( obv stinger ) but where?.. And how much is it :D its sexy!

I just have a lame voltmeter from advance auto parts and its like the little needle that moves and i hate it.. the one you have is so gorgeous and a lot easier to read quickly like at a glance than my crap one.. :D

ebay's got them for like 2o bucks

Measure the output of the LOC, tell us what you find.

Got it off of ebay.

Just search stinger voltmeter, there will be many results.

while that is low (similar output to my pioneer i am running now) that should be enough to make that sub move. Have you tried turning up the gain? dont be afraid of it.

also, try this. play your song again at volume 20 or whatever, unplug one RCA cable, does the sub still play? if so, plug it back in and take the other one out. if it stops playing from the sub you may have a bad RCA cable. I remember when i used one of those 5 years back (had stock HU) you needed to tap into 2 speakers, one for each channel on the RCA.

Edited by beandip

while that is low (similar output to my pioneer i am running now) that should be enough to make that sub move. Have you tried turning up the gain? dont be afraid of it.

From about halfway to full there is almost no difference.

I'll test that tomorrow.

Hmm, what do you mean?

I touched the negative to the white RCA and the pos to the other.

Do you mean, pos on center wire, and ground on shield of each cable?

I'm just swinging in the dark but is volume on your ipod all the way up before you turn up volume knob at the radio?

Have you made sure that both channels of the RCA cable have voltage running though them?

just tested each. Only one has voltage running through it.

Have you made sure that both channels of the RCA cable have voltage running though them?

just tested each. Only one has voltage running through it.

CAW CAW!

Bad RCA ;)

your phase is at 180? shouldn't it be at 0

was thinking of this too.

Signal issue man..

Hate to tell you to do it but pickup a decent headunit and it will solve the problems.

Factory head unit + LOC = noises, problems,...very often !

You live in the USA, h u are soooo cheap. Get a decent one, with ipod control and all

Go get some (not too flashy) rca's first and you'll have some big BASS !

:popcorn:

I only have the LOC spliced into one rear speaker though. I think that is why I'm only getting signal through one cable?

And with the HU, I have the "premium" sound system. So I'd have to bypass the stock amp and all, would just be a pain.

Agreeing with Nick. Decent HU and get rid of the Loc. Change Rca's and then you should be fine. If you decide to skip any of those.. your FI is not living up to its potential. You'd be better off just buying a 12" sony explode, boosting the bass to max on hu and amp, pin the gain and "trying" to slam.

Its like buying a Bugatti Veyron, filling it with 87 octane and then running $35 single ply trailer tires on all 4 corners. Why?