macdoogle

Hello SSA Best 12 inch sub + box for dubstep under 200$

First off i just to start by saying hello to everyone here at the ssa community. My name is Tommy and i have been studying these forums for some time now. I have a minor question upon my entering the community, i did not want to place this in the wrong place considering this is my first post. Well here goes *shoot*

Looking for the best 12 inch subwoofer + box for under 200$. Will run off of a 1000 watt Sony Xplod XM1652z ( It's all ive got for right now and i plan to replace it real soon, i know of all the bad terrible things but it was given to me for free). I listen to a lot of dub step/techno. The Pioneer TS-W302R 12 and sealed box i bought of my buddy for kicks and giggles just doesn't hit the lows at all. I want something with good all around range ( as dumb as that sounds.)Running some songs through a signal analyzer shows the primary bass frequencies being between 35 and 55 hz, as low as 31 and as high as 67. As far as i know the only box that would give me good output across is a band that wide is going to be a bandpass box. I have about 4 by 4 feet to work with in the trunk. My buddy has been trying to talk me into a couple Rockford Fosgate's and Alpines but im not to sure how much knowledge he really has. I don't need the best sound system just something that will thump.

Any info would be awesome.

Thanks

Edited by macdoogle

Why not take the Pioneer woofer and build a new ported enclousure to 2ft^3 with 1 4" Aero Port tuned to 35hz!

Build another box for your current driver, but make a ported enclosure instead of sealed, see how that sounds to you! Tune to ~33hz :)

:WELCOME:

May sound bad but honestly i really want a new sub! I am for sure going to build my own ported box just need some help on a good sub for 75 to 150$.

What the hell is dubstep?

I wouldn't expect much from that Pioneer anyways, it's their toilet (read Walmart) line.

Start here,

Then make a new thread in the subwoofer section.

Why are you so hell-bent on buying a new sub if you don't mind me asking? Since you haven't heard its potential in an optimal enclosure yet. You could build a nice box and be blown away with what you already have. I'd at least try it, and if you don't like it, THEN go towards getting the new driver. Could save you 75-150. Just my .2

This dub-step.

Back on track. I have heard pioneer's in a ported setup before and i was not impressed. Although i am going to take your guys advice and build the box myself this week. If i don't like the sound i'll buy another sub. In case i don't like it at the very least it is always nice to have an idea of what i would be looking to buy. I appreciate your input my friends.

Edited by macdoogle

This dub-step.

Back on track. I have heard pioneer's in a ported setup before and i was not impressed. Although i am going to take your guys advice and build the box myself this week. If i don't like the sound i'll buy another sub. In case i don't like it at the very least it is always nice to have an idea of what i would be looking to buy. I appreciate your input my friends.

welcome!! ...hot songs ... and pictures of the box or you lose credit and die! :suicide-santa:

For a subwoofer suggestion, Sa-12 or Fi SSD. Sa-12 can go in smaller applications. It would only need a box that is 1.75cuft tuned to say 35 hz.

your musical genre has no effect on the subwoofer choice. I say for ported enclosure for maximum output, and the sa12s and ssds fall under your budget as well :P

Welcome

Quick question used the search tool couldn't find anything on it. When tuning my sub and amp should i keep the bass on my head unit at 0 or should i adjust it accordingly. Turning the bass on the head up won't blow anything will it? Btw working on the box with a buddy and its coming out sick.

Edited by macdoogle

DUBSTEP!! :dancing:

Quick question used the search tool couldn't find anything on it. When tuning my sub and amp should i keep the bass on my head unit at 0 or should i adjust it accordingly. Turning the bass on the head up won't blow anything will it? Btw working on the box with a buddy and its coming out sick.

How are you going about tuning your amp?

Dubstep FTW! How are the raves in Florida?

Also, that sub woofer is pretty weak. its 150 watts, 4 ohm single voice coil being powered by a Sony at 400 watts at 4 ohms..

I just recently installed an 12" SSA Icon and a Kicker DX1000.1 in my girls car and we go to raves in it and play Dubstep too and from and it sounds great

DUBSTEP!! :dancing:

No kidding...I like it. Thanks for the intro to a new genre to me.

your musical genre has no effect on the subwoofer choice. I say for ported enclosure for maximum output, and the sa12s and ssds fall under your budget as well :P

Seriously? I think it has alot to do with subwoofer choice,some subs are for SQ,Some are for SPL.