Soapbox

New Season new build

Thanks phatboi I do have my eye on it but I have a relative dd dealer.

Items in RED have been purchased

Car: 1988 Honda CRX 1200$

Deck: Pioneer MNH-P8200 , 160$

4v out

no cd player

accepts Ipod, USB jump drive, 32 gig SD card

Front Stage: Hertz HSK 165 Hi Energy comps, 150$

Rear Stage: ? Latter on down the road.

Sub Stage: ??? size undetermined however sub will be the new btl, $900

Amps: Digital Designs M4a, $no tellin

5k at 11.9 close to 7k at 14.4

Digital Designs front stage amp from my bro 98

Electrical:

2 alts Mechman, $800

Either 270's or 220's ....

Batcap 4000. $380

Stinger Zero Guage: $100 I have ran 2 positives and 1 negative so far.

Streetwires RCA's: $60

Streetwires fuse blocks= 130

Sound Deadening, $150 FAT matt. I have 1/4 the car done I need to get the body work done to do the other side and the doors.

I have also used 4 cans of foam so far.

The build is going to go some what slow due to funds I can toss about 400 a month towards the build but there is alot going on.

The car it self is in need of the following:

motor mounts $200

water pump $65

timing chain $40

ground effects kit $700

paint $1400

total

More than I can afford

Next purchases: Hopefully this month or next at the latest.

Motor mounts. 200

Sub Stage Amp. ???

Remaining:around 2k

Edited by Soapbox

DSCN6830.jpg?psid=1\

DSCN6826.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6827.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6828.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6830.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6831.jpg?psid=1

01-16-11_0652.jpg

Edited by Soapbox

Well the Honda's wiring had been cut to pieces many many times so I ditched the whole stock mess. I ran new all new wires for the deck, comps and rear fill. Dedicated fuse block for the deck and a soft start relay for the remote wire to the the amps. I scored on the the rca's and got a couple ofsweet fuse blocks. One of the blocks has 2 zero in and 2 zero out and accepts 2 mini anl the other block takes 3 zero in and 1 zero out and 2-4 gauge out this block accepts 4 fuses. I haven't seen any nicer blocks.

Honda%20CRX.jpg?psid=1

Tomorrow I am going to order the body kit DONE AT THE BODY SHOP. NO wing! Also there is a major problem with the front control arms they are bent and the ball joints are bad. So to fix this and make it street-able I need new control arms. I hope to have the car off to paint by friday. I'm going to be out of money until taxes come after getting the car presentable. Hopefully I can afford the amp. If I am going to have issues I will get one of the alts a 270 amp fully adjustable to 18 volt and maybe a smaller amp I hope not but I may have to. I got socked with tags for 3 vehicles this month and insurance for 2.

Color will be Bone White with blacked out lights.

CRX%20Front.jpg?psid=1

Better shot of the body kit: This is a urethane and it cost double the normal kits.

890331-2.jpg?psid=1

Very nice bro...thank you for no wing :drink40: Eager to watch this come to life :popcorn:

I have the same HU, great little one!

The BT model was actually cheaper than the one you have by about 20 bucks!

It's got to get ugly before it gets pretty.DSCN6869.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6870.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6871.jpg?psid=1

DSCN6872.jpg?psid=1

New door handles, locks, weather stripping, headlights.

Hell yeah :woot: makin progress :popcorn: Keep it that way....ugly adds DB's!!! :fing34:

I normally post on SMD because it's heavily stacked with California competitors. Only a few are aware of this build dummys. Shizzon in your experience or knowledge bass how do the guys in S1 get away with running saz 1500's? Pm with the answer if you would I wouldn't want everyone to know the answer to this one.

Where is Steve Mead doesnt' he also have a crx.

Nice false floor, how do you plan to secure it? Mine isn't working out.. still trying to figure out what to do.

Good choice on the body kit, that's the only one acceptable. But stock is always better :P Nice work!

I have bolts that run through the body holding the 2x4's down. When I get the car back I'll take a better shot it came out good. Should be out of the paint shop tomarrow or the next day.

Uhmm I know I posted a couple of different choices on an amp butt.. it's none of them. Order was placed today :dancing::morepower1: Let's see. What amp is able to put out 6k at less than 10 volts on a single battery in a street a setup?

With 7 of ten teammates all doin over 150 it was buggin me to only be at 144. With that said we have one @155, a 154, a 153. To top that off 2 other teammates bought warhorses. What was I suppose two do? I ended up getting a dc9k

Preach on brotha!! :morepower1: I'm hoping to break into the 50's this year at some point myself.