jaynanspl

Next Year Blowthrough Build

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post up my future re-build for the Mazda.. The subs will be Sundown Sa 12's.. I have decided that I'm done with the whole wall thing.. Let me know what you think..

blowthrough8sa12s.png

blowthrough8sa12s2.png

And if anyone wonders how i intend to mount the subs, this is the idea i have come up with.. An access panel..I will be using weather stripping under the panel to make it air tight..

blowthrough8sa12saccesspanel.png

Yakima? next time im that way ill have to come take a listen!

Yakima? next time im that way ill have to come take a listen!

If I get it done in time..this will be a long build.. im not in a hurry, i want to get it right..

:popcorn:

That looks astonishing!

I'm hoping so.. not in it for high numbers anymore, just want a windmachine..

And if anyone wonders how i intend to mount the subs, this is the idea i have come up with.. An access panel..I will be using weather stripping under the panel to make it air tight..

You do realise what 8 12's will do to unglued panel right?

A skinny person will be able to screw down the subwoofers. Or some kid.

Put the subwoofers in before you put the top on.. then glue it shut.. make sure the wires are all wired up then finish..

You can use non harden caulk to seal the access hole if you decide that route.

You do realise what 8 12's will do to unglued panel right?

A skinny person will be able to screw down the subwoofers. Or some kid.

Well i know that they are going to make alot of pressure, but i want to be able to access the subs incase one blows or i need to get to them..

Put the subwoofers in before you put the top on.. then glue it shut.. make sure the wires are all wired up then finish..

You can use non harden caulk to seal the access hole if you decide that route.

I did think of that, but then i thought of how am i going to get to them afterwards. cause im 6' 6" and 300lbs and my bigass is not getting in there..

Design looks awesome, looking forward to seeing this build progress.

That is a great looking box design. It would look really nice if the access panel was plexy so that you could see them in action. Just my .02

I am definatley going to keep an eye out for this build!! :popcorn:

Box looks damn sexy. What amps?

Should have no problem being a wind machine.

:dj:

Thanks... I will be using my 2 Rockford T1500bds until I get some Sundowns..

Thanks.. Just want things to go good for this build.. Keep your eyes out for it soon.. I hope..

That is a great looking box design. It would look really nice if the access panel was plexy so that you could see them in action. Just my .02

I am definatley going to keep an eye out for this build!! :popcorn:

I was thinking about the plexi idea, but I first have to find a tonneau cover or canopy that will fit my truck while i'm building the enclosure..

Thanks.. Just want things to go good for this build.. Keep your eyes out for it soon.. I hope..

Which Mazda do you have? My mother has the mazda 6 station wagon... So much room to do a big build like this :wub: I keep telling her to get a new car and give me hers lol

Which Mazda do you have? My mother has the mazda 6 station wagon... So much room to do a big build like this :wub: I keep telling her to get a new car and give me hers lol

I have a 92 mazda pickup extended cab... Maybe you could take her car shopping to see if she finds a car she lkes.. Then you never know, you might get her mazda 6..

I have a 92 mazda pickup extended cab... Maybe you could take her car shopping to see if she finds a car she lkes.. Then you never know, you might get her mazda 6..

Ah okay, Whether or not your going for big numbers, your gonna get a big number :P

Good idea, She just needs to find a bag with 20grand now haha.

Looks great!!, can't wait to see this become a reality. Looks like it could move some air

Looks great!!, can't wait to see this become a reality. Looks like it could move some air

Thanks... Thats the goal... A double window hairtrick...

Thanks... Thats the goal... A double window hairtrick...

Screw the double window trick, go for the two open doors!!

This looks like a hell of a build my man, I am for sure tuned in to see the results!! Just for sh!ts and grins your going to meter it just to see what number it does at a certain freq right? :ughdunno:

Wow the drawing looks great! Can't wait for the build to begin!

Btw how did you get the speakers drawn like that in Sketchup?