BaMF101

Blazer 4 door (2) 18s Fi Qs

oo mdf veneer is still MDF but with top and bottom oak on it! nice! where did you buy that from? home depot because i don't think i have seen that before there, also how much did it cost for a sheet? if you can remember off hand

Haha yes :) I bought it through a local wood shop/ dealer in which I got employee discount (because I am t3h c00Ln3ss!) haha jk my friends dad is the owner. I got it for around 30 bucks a sheet, which isnt bad since its not far off from regular MDF. Im not sure about what it would be retail price... but I can ask.

oo nice! no need to ask what it retails for if you got it for 30 i can imagine it goes for 40-50 as it has oak on the top and bottom!

but you can tell me how the subs sound in the box! lol!

looks good! birch ftw!

Its actually MDF with an oak veneer :)

PICT8614.jpg

That's awsome! They sell it like that?

why not subs up/port back? not enough room for port release?

It would seem a shame to hide such nice looking wood under bed liner. what color is your interior? any wood grain already in the car? A nice stain or whatever could look really nice.

why not subs up/port back? not enough room for port release?

It would seem a shame to hide such nice looking wood under bed liner. what color is your interior? any wood grain already in the car? A nice stain or whatever could look really nice.

My first box I had was subs up and port back, and it just rattled the piss out of my back hatch (with lots of deadener even).. so I just wanted to hear how this design sounded. :)

But yes it would be a shame to hide it, but I almost think it would look dumb with a blah interior graphite color (dark grey) with no other woodgrain. If it was in a Rolls Royce I would definitely stain it ;)

Is this in your truck yet?? Wat power are ya feeding them subs??

Is this in your truck yet?? Wat power are ya feeding them subs??

Haha not yet :) Its cold out right now about -5.. so Ill wait until it gets a little warmer. But Im gonna be running them on a Soundstream TX12600D

Smalll update.... got the bolt terminals in, and is now ready for paint/ bedliner

Havent updated in a while, but finally got my amp in and box painted. Below zero temperatures, snow, me being busy, and no garage = nothing getting done :suicide-santa:

But here we go for the updates...

Got the box spray painted right now ( I know, dont hate me haha) the port is textured spray so it looks really good!

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02703.jpg

I know she is a little dusty, been sitting in the garage for about a half a month :(

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

I cannot imagine how this will sound! You will have to keep wrenches and tools in the truck just to tighten things up every few days, lol.

daaammmnnnn that's a big box!!!!

Let me just say, it is my best sounding and loudest box I have ever had... :wub: I havent really set the gain just yet, I ordered an oscilloscope a few weeks ago (from China) which was 70 bucks, so Im waiting to get that in, set the gains, and REALLY wang it.

DSO Nano is the oscilloscope if you want to check it out! Pretty neat and extremely cheap device!

holy shit! i could never do that in my truck.. looks insane though

Heres what the port looks like..

DSC02710.jpg

It doesnt look very dusty in real life, but DAMN it looks ancient in these pics..

DSC02711.jpg

lol looks like a small animal could live in there! how much port area?

lol looks like a small animal could live in there! how much port area?

I could live in there :) haha but its 150 sq inches, I wish I could have gone more but that would sacrifice some cu ft. of the total volume, and with Blazers you got to find all the room you can which is what I did :suicide-santa:

Loving it!

Nice. I just love BIG bass in a small space. I bet that thing pounds!

Nice box build btw.

Edited by LDW3RD

Nice. I just love BIG bass in a small space. I bet that thing pounds!

Nice box build btw.

I havent turned it up too much.. waiting for my DSO Nano oscilloscope to come in so I can set the gains, and REALLY wang em. But so far, even with them barely moving, they sound wonderful! :popcorn: