Sign in to follow this  
vdubvr6

12's or 15?

Hey guys, I'm new to the ssa community and I just had a question about whether I would be better off with 2 12's (most likely fi q 12's ported and tuned low) or one really loud 15 (most likely a DC xl 15)..obviously ported..

Ok first of all, ill start with the basics..I drive a Volkswagen jetta so the most I can squeeze is 3.5-4 cu. ft...and for power I've got the audioque 2200d and a 220 ho alternator with 1 red top (starter battery) and the big 3 with 4 Ga...now given my trunk is relatively small..I would probably be better off with 3.5 cu. Ft. Recommended for the DC xl but..its taller and would most likely not have enough air space to bounce back off of my trunk lid or am I just totally over thinking all of this? I know I could make a box pretty short (13.5-14" high) for the q's so would that be a better fit or not? I've got the power for both systems but just unclear on the right application..thanks for your help!

2 totally different subs you are asking about. First decide what you want, right now you are on opposite ends.

Welcome.

:drink40:

i dont think you want a Fi Q. Sounds like you want the BL instead. re think your speaker choice. and welcome :)

I'm with Lance on this one... You need to figure out if you're just looking for output or reproduction..

:WELCOME:

In addition to the above posts, I would suggest starting a topic in the speaker section if you have not already.

Welcome to SSA. It seems like you're looking for more output so BL's would be your option, and with that space I would say 12's.

BUT post a new topic up in the speaker section as Aaron stated and we can get this topic rolling.

Good luck and once again welcome to the best forum on the internet :)

Welcome

I suggest you take denim's advice to help you get the information you are looking for.