DarkTinman

2 18's in the accord

^^^^^ What j-roadtatts said! Any new results from the Audiopipe dropped in?

Sorry, i have no idea what you mean lol. :noob::puzzled:

Any score difference on the TL, from old kenwood to the audiopipe?

Does the dildo come off the top? Jw :D

Not tested yet. I will be taking this setup, hopefully plus a corrected box to the April 9th show. So we will see. I don't know anyone other then Justin that has a shop, and then going further, i don't think he has a TL just yet...

:fing34: Good one bro. Probably but i won't be taking it off. It doesn't look that bad to me :shrug:

Get an SPL-lab meter. ;) charge people to get meter time, profit = free meter after an amount of uses.

Solid equipment plans :drink40: Keep us posted!

Not tested yet. I will be taking this setup, hopefully plus a corrected box to the April 9th show. So we will see. I don't know anyone other then Justin that has a shop, and then going further, i don't think he has a TL just yet...

:fing34: Good one bro. Probably but i won't be taking it off. It doesn't look that bad to me :shrug:

April 9th show? hmm, maybe I'll make it.

I layered the inside with MDF to cut down on cubes. Because before i was running just 1 1800D KAC-9104 kenwood mono block. So i needed a bigger box. But now i am running that 3500 AQX

I wouldn't have done that. Okay so you got 17 cubes with only a single layer of wood around the walls right?

quick questions, why does the 3500 look/seam smaller than the 3000? That one looks like when I had my AP1500???

The 3000 is physically 2 of the 1500s together while the 3500 is like other 3500 boards. basically its the RD 3250 board without the problems RD had.

I wouldn't have done that. Okay so you got 17 cubes with only a single layer of wood around the walls right?

Why? It's pretty much just delaying the building process. Built the box with one single layer of 3/4 plywood, braced it like a MF. Was riding at 17 cubes. Then when i got my bigger amp, i layered the inside with another layer of 3/4 MDF

The 3000 is physically 2 of the 1500s together while the 3500 is like other 3500 boards. basically its the RD 3250 board without the problems RD had.

x2, good answer phi

Alright, it's been awhile. But i have been semi busy. Sorry this took so long...

DSCN0849.jpg

DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0854.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

Thanks Justin (TripleRperformance) for the subs!

Edited by DarkTinman

Those drivers are monsters, your going to love'm.

what kind of excursion are those supposed to have??? good god.

Those drivers are monsters, your going to love'm.

I know right? I can't wait to play them with something but i don't have any amps ATM

what kind of excursion are those supposed to have??? good god.

Good question, i would have to ask justin lol

Alright guys, so this is the question. Do you think this bracing affects the air movement in my box in a negitive way and also is this a good idea? I KNOW that this is a very good way for bracing but i don't know about constriction of airflow and anything else like that

010.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

what i was meaning in the pm the other day was adding wood to a layer of wood does minimal bracing UNLESS it's at least anchored to an adjacent piece.

Examples-

Window bracing. This technique is anchoring bracing to 4 walls all together with one piece.

Now lets take your pic above..

Lets say your baffle "was" flexing and you want to reduce it...

Well, just adding that wood figure on the back of it may help a little, slightly though.

Think about it-

If the baffle still flexes, it is moving whatever is attached with it.. get it?

Now what if you took the added wood behind the baffle and secured it to the side walls?

When the baffle tries to flex... guess what.. the side walls are going to restrict movement when the baffle is trying to move in and out..

what i was meaning in the pm the other day was adding wood to a layer of wood does minimal bracing UNLESS it's at least anchored to an adjacent piece.

Examples-

Window bracing. This technique is anchoring bracing to 4 walls all together with one piece.

Now lets take your pic above..

Lets say your baffle "was" flexing and you want to reduce it...

Well, just adding that wood figure on the back of it may help a little, slightly though.

Think about it-

If the baffle still flexes, it is moving whatever is attached with it.. get it?

Now what if you took the added wood behind the baffle and secured it to the side walls?

When the baffle tries to flex... guess what.. the side walls are going to restrict movement when the baffle is trying to move in and out..

This character act like he knows what he is talking about but I mean when I had him design my box to break into the 60's with 2 18's all he could get me is 157db at 27hz so take advice from other people he is a rookie! :peepwall:

I would say throw like 6 sheets over the front baffle make it as thick as a house and there you go TADA :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, I would really redo that baffle. That doesn't look like its going to help much and will actually block flow.

Build looks good Bro.

Those subs look nice!

I agree with Phi and would rework that baffle.

what i was meaning in the pm the other day was adding wood to a layer of wood does minimal bracing UNLESS it's at least anchored to an adjacent piece.Examples-Window bracing. This technique is anchoring bracing to 4 walls all together with one piece.Now lets take your pic above.. Lets say your baffle "was" flexing and you want to reduce it...Well, just adding that wood figure on the back of it may help a little, slightly though.Think about it-If the baffle still flexes, it is moving whatever is attached with it.. get it?Now what if you took the added wood behind the baffle and secured it to the side walls?When the baffle tries to flex... guess what.. the side walls are going to restrict movement when the baffle is trying to move in and out..

Yeah okay. That all makes sense. That's what i was planning to do actually but just hadn't gotten to it because it was just a test baffle.

This character act like he knows what he is talking about but I mean when I had him design my box to break into the 60's with 2 18's all he could get me is 157db at 27hz so take advice from other people he is a rookie! :peepwall: I would say throw like 6 sheets over the front baffle make it as thick as a house and there you go TADA :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

6 sheets huh? I am thinking 3 sheets, 2 plywood and 1 mdf on the front to make the subs look flush

Yeah, I would really redo that baffle. That doesn't look like its going to help much and will actually block flow.

I got you covered down below lol

Build looks good Bro.Those subs look nice!I agree with Phi and would rework that baffle.

Thanks!

Alright guys, for this baffle, i wasn't very specific. The baffle you see there is just my test baffle. I wanted to see what you thought of adding those pieces of plywood on the back and if that would affect airflow. Tomorrow i will be working on my box. This is the plan. First, redoing the baffle.

I will be putting 2 layers of plywood on, then a layer of MDF on the front to make the subs look flush on the box. I will be scrapping the idea of trying to make this a removable baffle because honestly it's getting ridiculous to try and if i did i would have to weaken my anchored pieces.

Also, i will be redoing the port. Now this is the part where it gets hazy.

Do i still want to make it removable? So that i can have low of the lows then a high tuning for comps? Yes, but will it stay intact and be strong? Not as strong as a stagnant baffle. So i think i will be making this non removable. I want to tune at 32hz. The L port will have to be built.

Now my idea right now is to take the same exact design of the baffle (The old baffle and use it as a template) then build that L port smack in the middle of the enclosure. Problem? Does airflow get effected and if so, how much? Is there a better/easier way to do it? I don't want to compromise in my box building.

Random side questions,

What is the best way to mount the subs?

What is a good way to keep the baffle in place? Obvious glue and screw but is there a certain type of screw? (probably not but might as well ask)

Is there any tips that you have that might help me?

I really appreciate you guys taking time to listen and help me out on my build. I wouldn't have gotten this far without support and constructive(ish) criticism! :drink40:

Lol no answers to any of my questions.

So today i finished the following:

Double baffle

A "new" way to bend the 90

Fiberglassing the inside of my port

Hopefully i can finish this by this saturday so i can show you what it can do.

Currently it has 14 cubes (with bracing and port) and tuned at a nice low 32 :)