Lschevy

sealed 15's

OK heres the deal I went to quite a few audio shops today to price a box for two ported 15's and the answers that i go wasnt the ones i wanted. The only shop that was willing to do the work and told me they would fit is closing for renovation. so now im looking for some 15's that would work great sealed 15's or some that will work good in a small pored enclosure. Like i said in last thread i dont have an amp yet but im purchasing my whole system Monday. the max for each sub is $400...and yea im stuck on two 15's now even though everyone is going to suggest 12's

If you want sealed performance, I'd go with the high qtc fi Q's. They're in your price range and have a lot of great reviews. And the 2010 and up models are happy in pretty small boxes. If you want small ported the sa15's seem to be popular in 3 cu ft. Pretty small box for a ported 15.

Xcon and SA series imo are both great choices as they will both work just fine sealed or ported, so you have the option to run ported later if you change vehicles or decide to only run 1. If money's tight, go SA, if you have a little extra in the back pocket, I really doubt you'll be disappointed with a pair of Xcons.

2 15" xcons sealed + 6cf enclosure = you with a big smile.

:dancing:

I know I have a big smile.

I ran a pair of 15's sealed too. That was a very nice set up and got loud too.

Just the thought of two Xcon 15s sealed makes me smile. Ive always wanted to go sealed for precision purposes but i have never had the budget to do so with drivers that would have enough output to satisfy me. I cant imagine too many drivers would sound as good as the two xcons. You cant go wrongg! :fing34:

wuts the reason u cant build ur own box? theres a few guys on here that will hook u up with a design based on ur max dimensions of space and preferred tuning. its alot cheaper and better then gettin a shop to build it or using a prefab sealed box box. also you will be putting a big dent in the output. ive got a single 15 it was in a ported box tuned to 33hz then i got a new car and wasnt enough room for it while still making use of my back seat. so i went sealed and its 1/2 as loud as ported.

I never thought about building my own box because it looks complicated

Your first attempt may seem pretty challenging but once you get comfortable with building it is fairly second hand. Designing a box is on a completely different level than constructing so if you could just have some1 desgin u a box u should be able to put it together.

Yeah designing it is the only hard part. Last box i built took more time Designing it then building it. Love the outcome of the look though 100% worth it!

34$(Sheet of MDF) wont hurt your pocket. Worth a try!

Edited by Dictator1992

2 SSA Icons sealed would be very nice too, and cheaper than the Xcons.

If you have room for 2 15"s you can run just one ported in the optimal enclosure.

Exodus Audio Tempest

I absolutely love the Shiva-X that I run in my car, which is basically the 12" version of the Tempest. Great subs all around.

Why doesn't anybody consider PR's?

Generally cost prohibitive. You could spend $100-200 each for a high displacement PR's, or spend $30 on an extra sheet of MDF.

If you're gonna do 6 cubes, you may as well go ported, like SA's, that will work in that space.

No one asked what he drives?

I know I have a big smile.

:drink40:

No one asked what he drives?

If he's got his mind set, it doesn't matter what he drives. Do it right or do it wrong, they'll do it anyway.

whats a good amp to power two xcon 15''s within a $700 price range?

Sundown SAZ-1500Dv.2 a liitle higher than what you want but spend the extra $$$.