AllenH427

Fi wins Street B for DBDrag in Indy on Feb 26th

The competition at Indianapolis for DBDrag on February 26th had 5 competitors in the Street B class. Including myself, we all had trunk cars. I wasn't planning on running DBDrag (only bassrace) at first cause I found out I'd have to disconnect my rear two batteries for the Street B class. Well then I started watching the qualifying runs and saw three 137s, and one guy with a 140.1. I knew my N2s on my AQ 3500.1 would hit near the 142 range, so I ran to Ace Hardware, bought some bolts, and disconnected my rear batteries. Since I qualified so late, none of the Street B guys even knew I was in there class. I think my qualifying score was a 141.9. When it came time in the lanes, I advanced to finals and won with a 141.8 vs a 139.8.

Key notes to keep in mind:

My Camry meters awful, very hard to get loud in

I've heard numerous early 140s systems and mine is BY FAR the loudest to the ear (which is what matters to me.)

A lot of people came up to me and commented on how quiet my system was from outside my car, but then when I gave them demos- it was a different story.

My charging voltage is 13.4V until I get a new alternator. I hope to be in the mid 142s when I get it.

I gave 3 people demos, got one guy hooked on getting some Qs, and 1 guy hooked on getting a single 15" N2.

All 3 people commented on how good my BTLs sounded.

Box is 4.2 cubes net, single 6" aero, tuned to 33hz. My burp scores were at 38hz.

Scott, Nick, I'll be ordering some Tshirts this upcoming week so I can rep you guys, do you're sizes run a little large or average?

Edited by AllenH427

Hells yeah brother glad to hear you stealing a win :)

Excellent!! I'm sure theres more in there. One of our competitors is doing 152dB+ strong in Street B with a single BTL 12 (gen2) and 139.9s with ease.

Excellent!! I'm sure theres more in there. One of our competitors is doing 152dB+ strong in Street B with a single BTL 12 (gen2) and 139.9s with ease.

Is it Jon with the Pug ? :D

Is it Jon with the Pug ? :D

Our Wonkyjon yes :lol2:

Very nice score and congrats on the win!

The competition at Indianapolis for DBDrag on February 26th had 5 competitors in the Street B class. Including myself, we all had trunk cars. I wasn't planning on running DBDrag (only bassrace) at first cause I found out I'd have to disconnect my rear two batteries for the Street B class. Well then I started watching the qualifying runs and saw three 137s, and one guy with a 140.1. I knew my N2s on my AQ 3500.1 would hit near the 142 range, so I ran to Ace Hardware, bought some bolts, and disconnected my rear batteries. Since I qualified so late, none of the Street B guys even knew I was in there class. I think my qualifying score was a 141.9. When it came time in the lanes, I advanced to finals and won with a 141.8 vs a 139.8.

Key notes to keep in mind:

My Camry meters awful, very hard to get loud in

I've heard numerous early 140s systems and mine is BY FAR the loudest to the ear (which is what matters to me.)

A lot of people came up to me and commented on how quiet my system was from outside my car, but then when I gave them demos- it was a different story.

My charging voltage is 13.4V until I get a new alternator. I hope to be in the mid 142s when I get it.

I gave 3 people demos, got one guy hooked on getting some Qs, and 1 guy hooked on getting a single 15" N2.

All 3 people commented on how good my BTLs sounded.

Box is 4.2 cubes net, single 6" aero, tuned to 33hz. My burp scores were at 38hz.

Scott, Nick, I'll be ordering some Tshirts this upcoming week so I can rep you guys, do you're sizes run a little large or average?

Where at in Indy?

those btls are screaming for more port area....great job winning

Thanks guys, it was in Indianapolis at Excessive DBs.. To me, it's a disappointing score, and it's not due to the BTLs. I've never had good luck with the meter in my car. I do lack port area.. I've been talking to Anton Miller and he gave me some pointers. My setup (firing forward, sealed from the trunk) is better with a door/window open. To the ear, it is much louder with a window open. He said I should try firing the subs forward, but port to the side. This isn't the first time I've heard this either, so I maybe give it a go.

Congratulations on the win. :drink40:

Thanks guys, it was in Indianapolis at Excessive DBs.. To me, it's a disappointing score, and it's not due to the BTLs. I've never had good luck with the meter in my car. I do lack port area.. I've been talking to Anton Miller and he gave me some pointers. My setup (firing forward, sealed from the trunk) is better with a door/window open. To the ear, it is much louder with a window open. He said I should try firing the subs forward, but port to the side. This isn't the first time I've heard this either, so I maybe give it a go.

Hey bro where you live? Pm me if you'd like.