Sign in to follow this  
Wood.

Tacoma Cut Through

just gonna have to sand out the areas i couldnt cut out i guess. using 1 1/4 plywood for the front baffle and back double wall... just what i had left... didnt want to buy another sheet for only two pieces. hopefully i can get this stuff to seal, it seems more pores (spelling?)

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

what was that growing in the background?

those are my mothers. =) i operate a collective.

Awesome Bro ... When I was in the military (USAF), I was a crewchief on the Boeing F15E Strike Eagle Fighter Jet ... It was ALOT of fun ...

and yes, you had to keep track of EVERY tool ... Enclosure looks great btw ...

Dude i worked on the same aircraft!!! Where were you stationed? I was a weapons troop though. When were you in?

Sorry to thread jack!!

Awesome job so far man!!!

Damn it man, you are making short work out of this build.

:drink40:

I would be a dead man if I brought a saw horse in the house and tried cutting wood. HAHA.

nice garden ;) box is lookin good too :peepwall:

Great build!!!!

Awesome Bro ... When I was in the military (USAF), I was a crewchief on the Boeing F15E Strike Eagle Fighter Jet ... It was ALOT of fun ...

and yes, you had to keep track of EVERY tool ... Enclosure looks great btw ...

Dude i worked on the same aircraft!!! Where were you stationed? I was a weapons troop though. When were you in?

Sorry to thread jack!!

Awesome job so far man!!!

I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath England from about 1993 - 1996 ... During that time I went TDY to Italy and Turkey ...

And spent a little time in the Persian Gulf ... :fing34: (not really positive on those dates) ...

Damn it man, you are making short work out of this build.

:drink40:

I would be a dead man if I brought a saw horse in the house and tried cutting wood. HAHA.

You and me both!

Nice work man. I wish I had a plasma cutter!

Great Work !! That ought to be one hell of a difference to what you have had for your sub stage!!

Build looks good, can't keep from noticing all the plants in the background ;)

i have to trim the sub a little bit. the sub is 12.5 wide and my box is 12.5 tall.

100MEDIA_IMAG0310.jpg

i have to trim the sub a little bit. the sub is 12.5 wide and my box is 12.5 tall.

100MEDIA_IMAG0310.jpg

shitt man what a bummer. Careful around those surrounds though wouldnt wanna scuff up such a pretty sub ;)

100MEDIA_IMAG0310.jpg

shitt man what a bummer. Careful around those surrounds though wouldnt wanna scuff up such a pretty sub ;)

just take off the gasket

100MEDIA_IMAG0310.jpg

just take off the gasket

do ya not see the gasket on the corner there? i actually decided im just gonna grind the wood away a little. no big deal.

100MEDIA_IMAG0310.jpg

just take off the gasket

fail.

:Doh:Dam that suxxxxxx

What happen? just bad measurements or something???

:Doh:Dam that suxxxxxx

What happen? just bad measurements or something???

eh not a big deal i just cut away the top and bottom board a little. but i was thinking the overall diameter would be just a little under 12.5 but its like EXACTLY 12.5 and thats how much room i had... i new it would be close. but i got it handled, in the middle of glassing right now at the shop came home for a smoke break real quick and to post some pictures i took while i was sanding... and a better picture of the sub.

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Build looks good, can't keep from noticing all the plants in the background ;)

they are also documented just as well as this build. currently got 11000 views on one of my other forums. its all legal as far as california is concerned...

Another day of work done... Im gonna work on this project every day till its done. i dont fuck around. =) HOPEFULLY gonna be doing the big cut and final paint tomorrow, let the boot seal cure over night and be bangin on friday. probably not though. lol less than a week for sure.

Got this sealant from the boat store. Should work well.

IMG_1093.jpg

Resined

IMG_1096.jpg

Primered

IMG_1098.jpg

Sealed

IMG_1100.jpg

Then more sanding on the front edge and added my terminals...

IMG_1102.jpg