CrazyKenKid

where do you buy your wiring from?

Hey guys I want to make a thread and in this thread I want compare different brands of 1/0 wiring.

I want to show off each wires flexibility vs other brands and also strands and what not.

What I plan to do is to buy say 5ft of 1/0 from different supplies and then do a comparison.

so far i want to buy the 2 brands by KNU the koluss and CCA also 1/0 from www. welding-supplies.com and some 1/0 from kicker. What I need to know is if there are other brands that ppl like to use like street wiring or ... let me know and we will go from there! thanks and I hope everyone enjoy the thread I make.

Kenneth

ive always been curious about the cheaper wire's. Raptor and Install bay. So cheap it makes me wonder just how bad they are. Could be horrible? Could be something you can use when not running extremely high power?

I like Shok Industries stuff..

Knukonceptz has good stuff as well.

I use Stinger HPM, but I buy used cuz i'm cheep! :P

Stinger Pro, HPM

Memphis

Rockford Fosgate

Streetwires

Monster Cable

Kicker

KnuKonceptz

efx (Scosche)

Other brands you could look at are AudioPipe, Bullz Audio and P3 (American Terminal)

WeldingSupply.com

Trystar

Flexoprene

so far i have

Knu

Welding supplies

Kicker

Raptor

Install Bay

any other names come to mind? thanks again smashedz28

so far i have

Knu

Welding supplies

Kicker

Raptor

Install Bay

I use Stinger HPM, but I buy used cuz i'm cheep! :P

Stinger Pro, HPM

Memphis

Rockford Fosgate

Streetwires

Monster Cable

Kicker

KnuKonceptz

efx (Scosche)

Other brands you could look at are AudioPipe, Bullz Audio and P3 (American Terminal)

WeldingSupply.com

Trystar

Flexoprene

:ughdunno:

I've used Stinger and Tsunami with no problems. I know a lot of people buy from Darvex. They carry Stinger and Sound Quest. I've got some of each on the way (Stinger 12 gauge speaker wire, SQ 4 gauge power and ground). I'll report back on the quality when I get them.

Stay away from Absolute. The RCA's are ok, but the 4 gauge power and ground are more like 8 gauge. Probably why it's so cheap. :noob:

so far i have

Knu

Welding supplies

Kicker

Raptor

Install Bay

Stinger and Rockford Fosgate would be great on that list too. They are very popular.

Im more interested in the uncommon brands myself. I know when i buy knu/stinger/welding wire's im good to go, its those other off the wall brands im curious about.

Im more interested in the uncommon brands myself. I know when i buy knu/stinger/welding wire's im good to go, its those other off the wall brands im curious about.

same!

Okay so here is the final list I have

Knu Kol KCA

Welding supplies Welding Supplies. I thought this stuff was cheaper?

Kicker stuff

Raptor stuff

Stinger Pro HPM

Rockford fosgate RF stuff

Steetwires Interesting price

Flexoprene ?

Soundquest Sound quest

Tsunami Good OL e-bay

Install Bay 1800woofers

Memphis Can't find if someone has extra let me know

if you know of a place where this wire is sold for cheaper please let me know! Also if ANYONE has some of this wiring laying around say 5ft and wish to sell it to me or loan it to me PLEASE PLEASE let me know!

thanks

Kenneth

the install bay wire is sold at 1800woofers.com that i know of, wouldnt blame you if you didnt want to purchase from there though LOL.

I got a bunch of wire layin around, i know i got some of the CCA from Knu in 1/0 and some of the older discontinued KLMX 1/0, have Knu's Flex 4ga & klmx 4ga. also have sound quest 4ga. and a small piece of some old school lightning audio 4ga (love that stuff!)

I could possibly snip you off enough of each to be able to compare. no 5ft or nothing but enough to show what's what lol.

Edited by smashedz28

o i wouldn't mind buying it from him! it is the used stuff you have to worry about lol! but Ya i will drop him a line and see what he can hook me up with! thanks for the info i will edit my list!

How cheap did you think it was? Less than $2.50/ft. for 100% copper is pretty cheap imo.

How cheap did you think it was? Less than $2.50/ft. for 100% copper is pretty cheap imo.

you know i think back in the day i was looking at the 4awg not the 1/0 price! my bad lol

i just get it from a local welding supply store. 0/2 is only 2.77 a foot.

Temporary pinning per OP request. :)

I am sure I will have 5' +/- of 0ga from weldingsupply.com after I finish up.

I would donate for your project, just let me know where to send it.

awesome man!! if you were a Mormon I'd be one of your wives Lance!!! :peepwall::WTFBubble:

I can donate a bunch of various wires also, probably not 5ft lengths but ill run through and snip off ~6 inches for comparison purposes. some 1/0 and several different 4gauge. PM me also.

thanks so much man! p/m sent!

I can donate a bunch of various wires also, probably not 5ft lengths but ill run through and snip off ~6 inches for comparison purposes. some 1/0 and several different 4gauge. PM me also.

thanks p/m under way!

I have some 1/0 gauge from a local welding supply, Radnor is the brand. Could snip off a piece for you but doubt it will be any different than the cable from welding supply.

Edited by beandip