ibanender

t/s specs vs actual sound quality

Why do so many people think AWD vehicles are superior in the twisties? I can't think of any situation I would rather have an AWD car over a RWD car, especially if I am racing it.

Racing in mud? Lol.

But on the street, a AWD with street tires launching vs a RWD with street tires. Both similar power, racing in a 1/4 mile.

I would say AWD would benefit. As usually 60fooT usually determines the race. Well, usually a car is repeatable after 60ft. So 3 tenth off 60 times will equal 3 plus tenth on the other end.

I haven't been on this board in a while due to life. I come back and see its turned into CA.com Moderators who think they know everything and are total asshats to every other member. I give this site 6months and it will be a ghost town. Used to be a great forum, I cant believe its turned into this....

I'm pretty sure Ibans point is to show that t/s isn't the end all be all, just cause he doesnt have to put a paragraph to say yes or no doesn't mean he is wrong.

I haven't been on this board in a while due to life. I come back and see its turned into CA.com Moderators who think they know everything and are total asshats to every other member. I give this site 6months and it will be a ghost town. Used to be a great forum, I cant believe its turned into this....

I'm pretty sure Ibans point is to show that t/s isn't the end all be all, just cause he doesnt have to put a paragraph to say yes or no doesn't mean he is wrong.

That's the problem with reading only one thread. He's been dumping on every one and usually has no point other than to be that way. Reaps what he sows.

This isn't the only thread I read. And you are the main mod I was referring to. You have always been a condescending arseho, I'm sorry if the world doesn't see things from your perspective, but i don't wanna get shit in my hair....

Edited by weasle421

He's been dumping on every one and usually has no point other than to be that way. Reaps what he sows.

sounds like your talking about yourself

Well, since this thread seems to have run away from the topic, at least to me, I will add my $.02. I don't really care what graphs looks like, what people say, any of that. I judge a speaker by my ear. If I like how it sounds, I'll buy it. If I don't like how it sounds, I won't buy it.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Dutchie.

///M5 Really sick of bullshit threads take some time to make it useful when others read it people. :(

that's your current status......and validates my point exactly.

///M5 Really sick of bullshit threads take some time to make it useful when others read it people. :(

Mine too. If OP's would spend a little time trying to make a thread useful then there would be no troubles, but that you can easily see if you've truly searched. This forum is about helping people not only with their question but understanding why so that they grow as a person. That requires effort on their part.

Mine too. If OP's would spend a little time trying to make a thread useful then there would be no troubles, but that you can easily see if you've truly searched. This forum is about helping people not only with their question but understanding why so that they grow as a person. That requires effort on their part.

please just delete my account...................................

its sad that if you aren't in the clique on this forum you must be a moron. Great way to turn this site into another CA.com........

There are no clique's, just no bullshit.

The words "Sound Quality" should have never been the topic of this thread ... :worthless:

Sub bass only counts maybe 15% of a TRUE Sound Quality install ... Not one word in this whole thread about TOTAL system function capability ...

Which should have been worked out in the first couple of post ...

"Sound Quality" means Installation (Vehicle Alarm and Safety), Stageing and Imageing (Sound, Height, width, Linearity, and dynamics) , Vehicle owner knowledge, Vehicle apearance and presentation, and most spl runs are only used in case of a tie breaker ...

Hope this helps the op out some ... just my suggestion here ... Thanks, Randal ...

I will respectfully disagree, seeing that this site has only steadily increased in traffic at a controlled rate over 8+ years. Side note, I am a ca.com mod also, but I have never been an "asshat" to anyone. SSA will continue to live on and out live most forums.

Bye bye! You will be missed. . . . .

what a weasle

:fing34:

Attitude like that .... Good riddance :jon:

Dude, These mods over here love drama ... good for ratings or something, not shure.

This Topic should be closed by now ...

There are some great minds/experience in this thread attempting to remove misinformation.

I'm still trying to get my head around the T.S. parameters and how they can help me choose a better driver for my likes and application.

I believe equipment, installation and tuning all play a role in achieving the end goal, but as soon as you put a person in front of the drivers there is no longer a standard for good sound.

I've seen allot of arguments in my day as to whether sound quality is subjective or not, by definition I believe it is not.

The only thing I can do is find a frequency response curve that I find pleasing to my ears and try to reproduce it to the best of my ability with the options available to me.

Quote by ibanender from first post.

have a little experiment I'd like to conduct. I don't wanna see any name calling, trash talking, or otherwise. I just want to see which you feel will sound better, not necessarily louder (but can comment on it) and WHY based solely on paper specs supplied by the manufacturer. I'm talking actual quality overall, what is the better sounding driver. They are all 12" subs. Here are your options, rank them in order best to worst:

I've underlined two spots in your original post that make this a loaded question. This question simply can't be answered without more information.

This question is subjective and the answer/s would be 100% subjective and relative to a persons goals.

I'm certainly not the smartest or most experienced member here, far from it actually. Nor am I the first to state that it cannot be answered.

If you believe there is a clear winner here, I'd like to hear your conclusion and why.

Iban's point is no point at all, and the point he thinks he's arguing against doesn't exist except in his mind due simply to his own inability to comprehend or think logically.

He was trying to imply that anyone on this forum thinks that T/S parameters completely encompass all aspects of a driver's performance. That's a false conclusion from the start, as not a single person has said or implied as much, which makes this entire thread rather useless as he's trying to argue against a point not a single person has made. He then attempted to twist this false conclusion into meaning that subjective listening impressions are more useful than objective driver measurements (what he apparently and incorrectly believes), which is patently false when we are interested in considering a specific driver's performance attributes and an ability to make meaningful performance comparisons to any other driver. For anyone who understands the information, there is infinitely more use in objective data than there is in subjective listening impressions. And yes, this trail of objective information begins (not ends, as ibanender would like you to believe anyone here implied) with T/S parameters and continues onward through the measurements 95Honda briefly mentioned and then some.

So yes, he is wrong.....he was wrong from the very start.

Dude, These mods over here love drama ... good for ratings or something, not shure.

This Topic should be closed by now ...

Drama, no. We like real information and threads that are helpful to not only the OP but also those that search. We also don't close things and censor as it isn't necessary. Better to leave everything in the open. Instead of closing or hiding we respond. Sometimes peoples butts get hurt in the response and it creates drama, but that is their fault in how they read it. As for this thread there is no real need to close this thread, even though it was a fail from the get go doesn't mean the OP can't still attempt to post his point.