Spencerk

WHOS PUSHIN 150's BABY???

how modded was the vehicle, cableguy? The A team has a vehicle that can do 170s, IIRC, with 1 15 and under 100 watts.

were the old school amps just like high voltage low current amps?

Yes, i had a high voltage amp ... just like the one I have today ...

truck was a 1987 Mazda b2000 with a quarter cab blowthru ... :drink40:

yes, alot of modifications ...

So it wasn't 45w..... when was the TL first put into official use?

like I said Bro ... 45 watts RMS ... Not shure about the Term Lab bro ... I quit competing in 97 ... and was still useing Audio control and B&K ...

I love the 8s bro do the 8s!!

who was you referring to sir ??

ok so far I only got the cable guy that's gone into the 150s....anybody else?? I gota believe more ppl on here have done it too?

Bassahaulic and his girl friend has hit that 150 db mark bro ...

Curious about this thread. As i cant decide on my next build.

2 15"or18" zcons, 8 sa-8s, 4 12" Fi Qs... assuming all optimal enclosures and Rms + a lil bit.... which would be easier to hit 150s with? I really wanna stay with SSA tho...

Edit::: 4 12" Fi Qs. Not 2 lol

Sa-8s bang those are very nice subs especially for 135 each

Back in the 90's the AC and B&K meters used different weighted settings when used for SPL. Exactly what I do not recall but I believe the pressure sensors were very forgiving compared to todays standard TL or SPL-Labs meters.

Is it possible to hit 150 with 2 12s on a ported enclosure with 2k rms in a trunk with NO folded rear seats and db meter on the front of the dash?

My BMW doesnt have the folded rear seats options and Im planning on putting 2 XCON 12s. I really really want to hit 150 in the trunk that is well sealed.

Guys, the equipment will not play much of a part in the equation, the enclosure, vehicle acoustics and how well you can MASTER the vehicle acoustics is where the big scores are.

Yea idk about sealed with the seats up that sounds like a tuff thing to do it you put a blow threw in the back deck would be easier idk if your trying to chop up a bmw tho....

Bro 3x on the 8 sa-8's!!! Those things are sooo sexy :) and only 135 a pop. I want lots of pics/vids if you do it because I thought about running 3-4 sa-8s for fun but didn't know how it would be.

Is it possible to hit 150 with 2 12s on a ported enclosure with 2k rms in a trunk with NO folded rear seats and db meter on the front of the dash?

My BMW doesnt have the folded rear seats options and Im planning on putting 2 XCON 12s. I really really want to hit 150 in the trunk that is well sealed.

Have you popped out the ski port? It is a good option for doing a blow through. I have been trying to design one for mine, i have a 01 330I. But all the designs require a port longer than i want. I believe it would certainly be possible with that type of setup. Best of luck and let me know, definitely keep me informed on how you are doing with it.

ok so far I only got the cable guy that's gone into the 150s....anybody else?? I gota believe more ppl on here have done it too?

I helped a little, like ran one wire lol, with a friend of mines build, he got a 157 from the trunk.

Yea idk about sealed with the seats up that sounds like a tuff thing to do it you put a blow threw in the back deck would be easier idk if your trying to chop up a bmw tho....

Yes, with rear seats up I can hear so much bass trapped in the trunk... it pisses me off

Have you popped out the ski port? It is a good option for doing a blow through. I have been trying to design one for mine, i have a 01 330I. But all the designs require a port longer than i want. I believe it would certainly be possible with that type of setup. Best of luck and let me know, definitely keep me informed on how you are doing with it.

I dont think I have the ski port. I only have a middle thing that comes down for the arms and has cup holders. I will be going to the dealer very soon to see if they can put folded down sits. That would definitely help me out and most likely enjoy 3x the bass I can hear and feel right now.

^ that's 2 ppl for the sa-8s.

Also, D (BanginGMC) has broken 150. He has 2 15" AA SMDs with 2 saz3500s.

I'm not in a trunk though, i'm behind the seats of a mini truck.

I have two Dc level 4s on 800 watts a peice out of the trunk of an infiniti i30 and I hit 148.6 on music.

I have two Dc level 4s on 800 watts a peice out of the trunk of an infiniti i30 and I hit 148.6 on music.

Sweet another I30! What year? And nice score :drink40:

Are you talking 150 at the dash?

Are you talking 150 at the dash?

yezir....none of this port BS... all legit at the dash

As of this weekend, 151.0 dB Drag style, with 1 BTL 12 powered by 1 DD Z1.

Im pushing about 305 on the scale...not the TL