Tony Nelson

Upgrade to Xcon!!

So for xmas this year, santa was nice enough to get me a new Xcon and a Sundown SAZ-1500d v2. I previously had a Death row 12 running on a rockford amp. It sounded pretty good to me. Thought it was decently loud and hit the lows well. That was until the Xcon was in my trunk running off the sundown. I only have it set around 800 watts (electrical kinda weak) and it is louder then the Death Row was, definately alot cleaner, and hits the lows way better. Both the boxes were tuned to about 30hz.

I love the Xcon, and can see what all the hype was about. They are phenomal sounding woofers, and get pretty loud. Can't wait till I can run some more power to it.

Anyways, here are some pics. It took me a while to actually finish the box, which I did last weekend, but has been in my car for about 2 months now. All edges have a 1/4" roundover on them, and the port has 1/2". I just didn't take pics of that part of work. The box is 2.2 cu ft @ 30hz, with 37.5^2 inches of port. This was my first carpet job and I like how it came out.

imag0896x.jpg

imag0894.jpg

imag0951.jpg

imag0948o.jpg

Carpentry skillz!. I like it when people paint the port red with Xcons, clean. :morepower1:

Very nice enclosure!! Port paint and carpet look very clean! :fing34:

:peepwall: Very nice work right there, now lets get some vids

Thanks guys! I had a blast working on this project. There is a retarded seam on the bottom of the box that is out of sight, which I knew before hand to leave a flap of carpet unglued but as I was gluing sure enough I just glued that first bit all the way. Oh well, everything else came out great on it I think. I will post up more pics of my car and install when I get more pictures. As far as a video, not sure if I can get one as I do not have anything to take video with.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments!!!

Nice box bro. No you will be chasing down rattles for the next month lol.

Nice work! The Xcon is badass!

What's that box tuned at? Looks like a long port

first post : 30 Hz !

Box looks.great. wish I was good with wood :P

Box looks.great. wish I was good with wood :P

Eww stef!!

OP, box looks great... I just ordered a 15" Xcon moments ago.. I can't wait.!

Thanks for compliments on the box!! I was choosing between a white port or red port. Glad I went with Red, it is dead sexy with the XCON in there. I just need to go back and touch up a few spots on the port rim with red, as my razor blade cut into the enamel and flaked some off. Other then that, it went great. I won't be to scared to go with carpet in the future. I like it much better then painting the whole box.