Sign in to follow this  
bcst86

1997 Isuzu Rodeo

Well this is the first time starting a build log on here so ill do my best. Not anything major just something small for her.

The car is a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X395

Amp: SAZ-1000D

Sub: Sundown SA-8......box around .6 cu ft tuned to 34hz.

Front doors have 4" speakers and tweeters but not sure what to replace with, so if you have and suggestions let me know :fing34:

Today the HU is coming in so will get pics of that, and i will be running the wires for the amp since i already have it.

004evu.jpg

more pics to come soon

Edited by bcst86

Bring on the pics!!!! Your girl should love that SA-8!!!!

Such a big amp for a single SA-8 ! You know she'll want more later ?!

I like this car. It reminds me some tv commercials back in the days (in the 90's when my Dad had a dish antenna to watch american tv's).

It was the trooper or the rodeo, I don't remember !!!

:peepwall:

Find some good speakers for her : it's way more important than bass IMO !

Ask ///M5 for good and cheap speakers !!! Or take a look at madisound.com or parts-express.com, they have some great speakers. Look at the Aura speakers, they are on sale and they sound really good !!!

Good luck !

Such a big amp for a single SA-8 ! You know she'll want more later ?!

I like this car. It reminds me some tv commercials back in the days (in the 90's when my Dad had a dish antenna to watch american tv's).

It was the trooper or the rodeo, I don't remember !!!

:peepwall:

Find some good speakers for her : it's way more important than bass IMO !

Ask ///M5 for good and cheap speakers !!! Or take a look at madisound.com or parts-express.com, they have some great speakers. Look at the Aura speakers, they are on sale and they sound really good !!!

Good luck !

I already had the amp, so i figured i would use it. so if she wants more no problem!!

and thanks for the input on speakers, i will check those sites out

Edited by bcst86

UPS dropped off the radio about 30 minutes ago, got it installed now just waiting for the SA-8 to get here.....and i need to get started on the box

had the dash taken apart ready to get it in before it got here

006nzr.jpg

here it is

008zcq.jpg

she was excited and helped with it

009cc.jpg

Good stuff right there!!!!! None of the women in my life were ever interested in car audio.

Awesome dude, glad to see this kicking off finally. I haven't seen what the door looks like behind the card but I still think getting away with 5.25's shouldn't be too hard and maybe 6.5's if you get real ingenuitive with it.

Also, BTW you're girl looks like she's a cutie. :drink40: I'm tuned in bro. :popcorn:

It's always nice to see women who aren't afraid to work on their own cars. :fing34:

haha, I think the only reason she is interested is because its her car. but I think it is really cool that she wants to help with it!!

i snapped a few pics of the doors. and the rear speakers, probably wont put anything back there but not sure.

heres with the speaker cover off.

001sn.jpg

002tup.jpg

here is where the rear speakers are, i think they are 4x6's

003snh.jpg

Edited by bcst86

Can you get a pic with the door card off so that we can see what the door itself looks like beneath?

Can you get a pic with the door card off so that we can see what the door itself looks like beneath?

yessir, i will get one later on. shes heading to work so maybe tonight.

Ooooooo, is that a red head I see? :fing34:

Got to agree, my wife could give 2 shits about home or car audio. lol You might just create a monster there Buddy. lol

I havnt had time to take the door panels off. Shes always busy when Im free. But the SA-8 came in today. So I will be working on a box tomorrow for it. I should have done it already but Ive been super lazy because its so hot!!

007ly.jpg

009gzq.jpg

I have some 5.25s if you can fit them that are awesome off HU power. Looking good so far though.

I have some 5.25s if you can fit them that are awesome off HU power. Looking good so far though.

what kind?

good start blt!!! :peepwall:

The sa-8 is going to sound nice on that vehicle :)

You still in your lazy state?? What have you done so far with the enclosure??

Ive been working a lot and the lazy thing is getting me, I need to get bromo some measurements so he can help me out with a nice box design. Im ready to see what this thing can do!