jj1479

Upgraded to a SAZ-3500d

Well after a long time looking/comparing I finally ditched my crossfire vr4000d and bought a Sundown Audio saz-3500d :drink40: . I needed something that I could run my Tc sounds axis subs that have the RETARDED quad 1.2ohm coils (instead of 1ohm coils) and after reading alot of posts of people running the 3500s below 1ohm and with little to know complaints I had to have one. I hooked it up yesterday to just 1 sub and WOW it was impressive now I just have to build a box for the pair and make a couple of videos.

This Is going in my 09 Ford Escape XLT with Alpine cda-9887, 2 optima red tops up front and a Kinetik hc2400 in the back a stinger voltmeter with all 1/0 wire through out. I had my crossfire running (-1redtop) and my voltage was dropping pretty low at idle so I'm going to get either a DC or Mechman alt just don't know which one yet an the alt is damn near impossible to put in without taking alot of parts off to mount it. Thanks alot FORD :jon:

Joe

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

I have 2 3500s and they are the best amps I've ever had. I've been buying amps since 96 (my rookie year, lol) starting with power acoutic, but mostly kickers. By far these are the most efficient, power houses I've owned.

I have 2 3500s and they are the best amps I've ever had. I've been buying amps since 96 (my rookie year, lol) starting with power acoutic, but mostly kickers. By far these are the most efficient, power houses I've owned.

Kickers are more efficient than Sundown amps...

As a matter of fact, many long time sundown amp owners will even tell you that sundown isn't the most efficient amps they have used..

It's nothing bad, it's not like they are class ab efficient, hehe, but they are not on the top of the list of efficiency.

You want some REAL efficient amps...

Stetsom is by far the most efficient.

Cadence and Kicker are way up there too.

Nice upgrade! The Sundown is a great amp!

As a matter of fact, many long time sundown amp owners will even tell you that sundown isn't the most efficient amps they have used..

It's nothing bad, it's not like they are class ab efficient, hehe, but they are not on the top of the list of efficiency.

I completely disagree with this statement. I used to run a Kicker ZX2500.1 and now I own the exact same amp (SAZ-3500D) I run this amp at .6 ohms daily with no issues. I won't say Kicker is crap but as far as efficiency goes Sundown amps are definitely higher than Kicker. I won't even begin to talk about Kicker subs. Anyway, I know you will enjoy this amp, it's awesome.

X2! I jut got my SAZ3500D, SMD 15" will be here next weekend, "just" need batts and an alt... :morepower1:

I completely disagree with this statement. I used to run a Kicker ZX2500.1 and now I own the exact same amp (SAZ-3500D) I run this amp at .6 ohms daily with no issues. I won't say Kicker is crap but as far as efficiency goes Sundown amps are definitely higher than Kicker. I won't even begin to talk about Kicker subs. Anyway, I know you will enjoy this amp, it's awesome.

And you had the EXACT same electrical with both amps? I doubt it.

Okay outside temperature will affect electrical systems but you are correct, I had a 180 amp alternator with 2 Kinetik HC2000's, with the Kicker amp, I only have 1 Kinetik now, When I first switched to Sundown equipment it was a simple sub swap, 2 12" Kicker SoloBaric L5's swapped for 2 12" Sundown Audio SA-12's, boxes were identical in size except one held square subs, the other held round, The SoloBarics were not as loud. I metered a 140.2 with Kicker & a 142.3 with Sundown. I was a huge Kicker fan for years, I just found a better product with Sundown Audio

Did someone actually say kicker and Sundown in the same sentence

I'm afraid so, I guess he's never tasted Sundown Audio before

Well after a long time looking/comparing I finally ditched my crossfire vr4000d and bought a Sundown Audio saz-3500d :drink40: . I needed something that I could run my Tc sounds axis subs that have the RETARDED quad 1.2ohm coils (instead of 1ohm coils) and after reading alot of posts of people running the 3500s below 1ohm and with little to know complaints I had to have one. I hooked it up yesterday to just 1 sub and WOW it was impressive now I just have to build a box for the pair and make a couple of videos.

This Is going in my 09 Ford Escape XLT with Alpine cda-9887, 2 optima red tops up front and a Kinetik hc2400 in the back a stinger voltmeter with all 1/0 wire through out. I had my crossfire running (-1redtop) and my voltage was dropping pretty low at idle so I'm going to get either a DC or Mechman alt just don't know which one yet an the alt is damn near impossible to put in without taking alot of parts off to mount it. Thanks alot FORD :jon:

Joe

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

i would ask mechman about if your car is pcm controlled my mustang is and makes my voltage low even tho i have 2d3100 and 1d3400 under the hood, i mean i like my 270 just i kno im getting all my voltage i need i rarley drop to 12.9 on full tilt tho

Joe

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

i would ask mechman about if your car is pcm controlled my mustang is and makes my voltage low even tho i have 2d3100 and 1d3400 under the hood, i mean i like my 270 just i kno im getting all my voltage i need i rarley drop to 12.9 on full tilt tho

Ya mine is pcm controlled and when I ordered my 270 form eric at meachman on friday he said that I wouldn't have any problems with it. I asked about doing a 14volt system but he said that it wont work cause of the pcm. Is your alt the large case 6G?

Edited by jj1479