dB Don

Fi owes me a new windshield.

Sad that the windshield imploded before I could get a full burp out of it and show what it can really do :shrug: maybe next time.

So far I have had a IASCA and now a USACi SQ judge say they have never heard music so loud and so clean. Makes me smile all this hard work and tweeking is coming around.

Also you will notice I did closed up scores :) Next time I will do it the official USACi way.

Look at the scope below, I was just getting it starting to ramp up when I noticed the window let go.

Edited by dB Don

holy shiite!!! :sleepwerd4:

Damn, 160+ Nice score!

WOW !!! dats loud !!! Congrats on the 60 !!!

What's the sub stage consist of?? :)

4 15" Fi N3s

Damn, 160+ Nice score!

:fing34::fing34:

Breaking a windsheild like that can only make you smile!!

Thanks guys! it will do an easy 162 in this format I just never made it to that before the window let go. It was super hot out and I was doing all out demo's for like 6-7 hours before some of those runs so I went into the lane with warm gear to say the least ;) and still did not cook a single item except the windshield.

What are the specs on the enclosure? Obviously you know wtf you are doing because those N3's seem tricky to achieve a response like you have. 158 at 28Hz and 161 at 43hz, nice.

What are the specs on the enclosure? Obviously you know wtf you are doing because those N3's seem tricky to achieve a response like you have. 158 at 28Hz and 161 at 43hz, nice.

box is 26.6 cubic feet with 420 sq inch port. tuned to 32 in the cabin/38 on paper. The real trick is getting the right airspace and the right distance of the rear wall from the windshield and subwoofers.

Was this at the Sidney, Montana comp?

Yes it was sir.

Yes it was sir.

Tyler from Out There Customs told me all about it. Saw the vid earlier and it was amazingly brutal. Great job!

Not really, they do not perform like normal woofers, as they tend to peak about 5 Hz. below tuning very consistently, but it's not a big issue.

Not really, they do not perform like normal woofers, as they tend to peak about 5 Hz. below tuning very consistently, but it's not a big issue.

Hmm, is it as simple as tuning 5hz above desired tuning? and how does it perform above and below this peak?

just curious

Edited by trod2902

haha if I peaked 5 hz under tuning I would be playing 27hz closed up.

haha if I peaked 5 hz under tuning I would be playing 27hz closed up.

Erm... The average peak for all the enclosures I've designed for the N3 is 5 Hz. below tuning, just as your post earlier suggested. I read that as, tuning on paper was 38 Hz. and you are peaking at 32 Hz.

box is 26.6 cubic feet with 420 sq inch port. tuned to 32 in the cabin/38 on paper. The real trick is getting the right airspace and the right distance of the rear wall from the windshield and subwoofers.

Duran, are you still working on a sixth order for your N3? I thought i read that somewhere

"that was louddddd"

Lol. Cool system man. Those N3's good for 25-32hz?