SMpaintball78

1 amp per solo x, which would be better???

hey guys, i have been thinking. right now im stuck on which amps to use on these solo x's. its between 2 kicker kx 1200.1's (i can get some decent deals on) or i just found the soundstream rubicon series 1600 watts amp (id get 2, 1 for each sub) there rated 40Ax4 which is 160A for $220 new with warrenty. iv been doing research and they do right at rated power. so what do u think. im stuck here HELP!!!! if anyone knows of some other good rated power amps (around 450 for 1 or 225 for 1(id buy 2) let me know.

ps, im ordering my 220 amp alt. here soon and 2 optima yellow tops so power is no issue here.

here is a link to the soundstream

http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-RUB1-1600D-1600-Watt-Amplifier/dp/tech-data/B003ANRFA2/ref=de_a_smtd

as for the kx's, id buy used. they do 1400+ watts. i used to have on on a 2010 kicker cvx 15 and it beat the hell out of the sub. so 1400+ watts per solo x should be good. im just doing some thinking..

Look at the review of that soundstream from the link you gave us..

The Rubicon 2500 can be found for cheap too. Even in my small island, so in the USA... !!!

I've heared the KX are good amp, but I think some had a problem with the gain knoob which did not want to stay where it has been set. I can be wrong, so check it !:peepwall:

Good luck

check out db-r.com for refurb sundown amps.

or there is a guy in the FS section selling sundown saz3000d's for 450-500

thats the only bad one i can find. iv found multipul review on the smd forums, and there nothing but good reivews.

The Rubicon 2500 can be found for cheap too. Even in my small island, so in the USA... !!!

I've heared the KX are good amp, but I think some had a problem with the gain knoob which did not want to stay where it has been set. I can be wrong, so check it !:peepwall:

Good luck

ya i found the 2500's for the $350 ranger. im kinda lost on what to do amp wise.......

ok heres another question. if u were in my shoes, had the power and around 450 max to spend on amps, what would you do amp wise??????? now dont say "well id sell the solo x's and get something else for starters." im not selling them so please dont suggest that. its not happeneing for atleast a few months after these are installed......

Any of the above mentioned amps would be good choices.

well if i go with 1 big amp, it has to be 1 ohm stable, if i go with 2 seperate amps, they have to have max output at 2 ohms. my subs are dual 1's so each one seperatly can be wired at either .5 or 2 ohms......

In that case, I'd use a single, large, 1 ohm stable 2500-3500 rms amp

In that case, I'd use a single, large, 1 ohm stable 2500-3500 rms amp

ya. id LOVE to get a kicker zx2500.1 BUT there not stable at 1 ohm which really pisses me off lol. i have seen in multipul forums where people run them @1ohm and never had problems but id rather not take the chances of it blowing

Edited by Lantz

I'd look into a used SAZ-3000. There are several in the FS section right now.

there asking 500 which is a tad over my max spending. even at 450, its a little much for me. and i wont be purchasing a amp for atleast another month if not longer.

thats the only bad one i can find. iv found multipul review on the smd forums, and there nothing but good reivews.

Reviews from SMD are dubious at best. I'd ignore them all

there asking 500 which is a tad over my max spending. even at 450, its a little much for me. and i wont be purchasing a amp for atleast another month if not longer.

I highly suggest saving your money until you can buy something worthwhile. Remember, you get what you pay for. $400 for 3k is hard to find unless you come across a killer deal in the Classifieds.

hey guys, i have been thinking. right now im stuck on which amps to use on these solo x's. its between 2 kicker kx 1200.1's (i can get some decent deals on) or i just found the soundstream rubicon series 1600 watts amp (id get 2, 1 for each sub) there rated 40Ax4 which is 160A for $220 new with warrenty. iv been doing research and they do right at rated power. so what do u think. im stuck here HELP!!!! if anyone knows of some other good rated power amps (around 450 for 1 or 225 for 1(id buy 2) let me know.

ps, im ordering my 220 amp alt. here soon and 2 optima yellow tops so power is no issue here.

here is a link to the soundstream

http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-RUB1-1600D-1600-Watt-Amplifier/dp/tech-data/B003ANRFA2/ref=de_a_smtd

as for the kx's, id buy used. they do 1400+ watts. i used to have on on a 2010 kicker cvx 15 and it beat the hell out of the sub. so 1400+ watts per solo x should be good. im just doing some thinking..

I wouldn't use Optima batteries even if they paid me to....

They really aren't meant for high power audio installs.

Dont use those cheap bats. Get some xs ,odeesy.kinetics ect.

:peepwall:

Buy my M3a 3k at 11.9v

500 + half shipping.

Just get what you can afford and happy with. Cruise the classifieds on all web boards you will better your odds of finding what will work best for you. As for the batteries back when I was looking for some yellowtops for the price locally I could wait a few days and just order some xs power batteries. Good luck.

Edited by crunkjuice1

do u think 2 of those kinetic 180's would be enough??

I highly suggest saving your money until you can buy something worthwhile. Remember, you get what you pay for. $400 for 3k is hard to find unless you come across a killer deal in the Classifieds.

ya. thats where i got the x's from. there are some hella good deals on there. my buddy might get this kicker zx1000 in a trade deal and he said he would sell it to me for $130 and its the newest version out so if that happens, ill just find another one. the do like 1400 watts so i think that should be good for each solo x. it all depends on what goes on with his stuff.

Yes I do think they would be enough, but more is always better :eek5wavey:

i think a 220 amp alt. with 2 kinetic 1800's should be more than enough to run 2500-3000 watts lol. i think :peepwall:

i think a 220 amp alt. with 2 kinetic 1800's should be more than enough to run 2500-3000 watts lol. i think :peepwall:

With a 160 amp and two xs 3400 iI had no problem running 3k as long as you have good wiring :drink40: