alain

30hz or 35hz

I got 2 12btl. fi recommend 30hz-35hz I want to be heared coming from far what do u recommend and why.

I recommend you be respectful with your stereo. No one wants to hear your music.

I recommend you be respectful with your stereo. No one wants to hear your music.

whos saying he wants to be heard from far in residential areas? what if he wants to be heard at a meet or soundoff? yet another useless post.

x2 with what Duran posted.......Thread=FAIL

whos saying he wants to be heard from far in residential areas? what if he wants to be heard at a meet or soundoff? yet another useless post.

Who's saying he doesn't? Op didn't mention anything about a meet or soundoff! So yes your post is useless as usual!

OP do some research!

I say 28hz and play some decaff music really low stuff. Law enforcement love's bass just remember that :)

If you want to be heard from far away, why don't you just mount your speakers outside of your car? You could also mount your amp on the hood, then you'd use less wire for your power and grounds.

If you want to be loud, get a sawzall, climb under your car, locate your catalytic converter, cut it and everything towards the back of the car OFF. That will get attention.

But seriously ask a more in depth question. Bullshit questions get bullshit answers.

What kind of music do you listen to? Vehicle? Power? etc.

Lol sometimes its not just content to KNOW you got a dope system. You gotta let EVERYBODY know.

But I always assumed that if you were really loud you'd be trying to keep it quiet on the outside....not the other way around

I say 28hz and play some decaff music really low stuff. Law enforcement love's bass just remember that :)

X2. Go for broke and tune at 28Hz. Also, once you have your setup up and running conduct some test to make sure you're getting the most from your setup. Drop off a buddy a couple of blocks away and play your setup full blast while alternating opening windows. Your ride will be like a quasi-6th order band pass enclosure. Effing high tech mang. Remember to conduct neighborhood surveys as well. Once you've driven through at full tilt, go back and ask residents how loud was your setup. Have them rate you loudness on a scale of 1- "Yes I could hear it inside my house", 5- " I could feel the bass inside my house" to 10 "Shit was falling off the shelves it was so damn loud!" Remember extra points are given if priceless family heirlooms fall and break. For clarification purposes: No, those stupid "Precious Moments" statues do not qualify as family heirlooms. Remember, be loud, be proud, and thanks for fucking up our hobby areshole! :)

X2. Go for broke and tune at 28Hz. Also, once you have your setup up and running conduct some test to make sure you're getting the most from your setup. Drop off a buddy a couple of blocks away and play your setup full blast while alternating opening windows. Your ride will be like a quasi-6th order band pass enclosure. Effing high tech mang. Remember to conduct neighborhood surveys as well. Once you've driven through at full tilt, go back and ask residents how loud was your setup. Have them rate you loudness on a scale of 1- "Yes I could hear it inside my house", 5- " I could feel the bass inside my house" to 10 "Shit was falling off the shelves it was so damn loud!" Remember extra points are given if priceless family heirlooms fall and break. For clarification purposes: No, those stupid "Precious Moments" statues do not qualify as family heirlooms. Remember, be loud, be proud, and thanks for pucking up our hobby areshole! :)

Lo-feckin-l

hahahahahahaha

FTW but decaf music is FTL! to much clipping!

I bet over half the people in this thread ride around with the windows down with their shit banging.

I dont agree with going through neighborhoods with music loud and I dont, but if you have multiple large subs then your main concern is not clean it sounds inside your vehicle, LOL.

Sometimes this place seems so high and mighty. Cut people some slack sometimes.

OP, anything between 30 and 35 will work with that sub if it has the right airspace.

X2. Go for broke and tune at 28Hz. Also, once you have your setup up and running conduct some test to make sure you're getting the most from your setup. Drop off a buddy a couple of blocks away and play your setup full blast while alternating opening windows. Your ride will be like a quasi-6th order band pass enclosure. Effing high tech mang. Remember to conduct neighborhood surveys as well. Once you've driven through at full tilt, go back and ask residents how loud was your setup. Have them rate you loudness on a scale of 1- "Yes I could hear it inside my house", 5- " I could feel the bass inside my house" to 10 "Shit was falling off the shelves it was so damn loud!" Remember extra points are given if priceless family heirlooms fall and break. For clarification purposes: No, those stupid "Precious Moments" statues do not qualify as family heirlooms. Remember, be loud, be proud, and thanks for pucking up our hobby areshole! :)

thats awesome lol. some do like to hear your system but there is a place and a time. i love to hear someones audio. see how loud it is. but when im sitting at home relaxing the last thing i want to hear is someone going past rattling my walls.

but he also hasnt said anything specific. power? goals? and where he is going to bump it. hate to jump the gun early saying he is a grade a @$$hole lol.

Edited by little_yellow

I bet over half the people in this thread ride around with the windows down with their shit banging.

I dont agree with going through neighborhoods with music loud and I dont, but if you have multiple large subs then your main concern is not clean it sounds inside your vehicle, LOL.

OP, anything between 30 and 35 will work with that sub if it has the right airspace.

Uhh no I'm not an asshole. I don't rattle people's houses in neighborhoods or shake rear view mirrors at stoplights. If my windows are down, my music is off. So if being respectful to others makes me all high and mighty then so be it.

Uhh no I'm not an asshole. I don't rattle people's houses in neighborhoods or shake rear view mirrors at stoplights. If my windows are down, my music is off. So if being respectful to others makes me all high and mighty then so be it.

Dont take everything personal, if you dont do it then so be it. But believe you me there are people who say thats disrespectful but they are out there jamming windows down at stop lights. Just cause you have your bass down doesnt mean you arent still being disrespectful.

I have a system for ME. The way he said it...he wants one for other people to hear it....that's dumb. I don't blast music for other people to look at me and think I'm cool. That's douchebaggy. Like the guy in the Camaro who slams on the gas after EVERY stop sign? You can have loud car and enjoy it, but you can be an ass with it too.

Dont take everything personal, if you dont do it then so be it. But believe you me there are people who say thats disrespectful but they are out there jamming windows down at stop lights. Just cause you have your bass down doesnt mean you arent still being disrespectful.

I really don't take anything personal, especially from someone on a forum a thousand miles away. :P

I have a seen a few threads where an OP says something along the lines of "I want to be heard from far away", and I almost always call them out on it. I just don't appreciate people doing it. I'm not trying to act high and mighty or superior in any way, I rarely voice my opinion on a matter, usually just stick to concrete information, but this is just one of my pet peeves...

Ok if you say so buddy

Guess you guys scared the OP off. He hasn't even replied back to anybody or corrected what he actually meant. I guess he does want to bang down the neighborhood like some of you said.Either way its his system and if that's what he wants to do then so be it.Just remember that next time your getting pretty new pavement put down in your neighborhood that he contributed to it LoL. I know because I was that guy back when I was 16. Got multiple tickets for my music.Even had a cop tell me I was shaking his radar on the dash. Everybody does things different and we can't knock them for it just have to accept what their doing until their doing it in front of your house. Otherwise just offer the man some advice and try not to be dicks completely about it.

FTW but decaf music is FTL! to much clipping!

:WTFBubble: Decaf his edited music does not contain clipping or clipping which is minimal and not worth looking at.(meaning it won't harm your system.)

People like the OP makes us look bad.

I spend almost the same amount on amps+highs as i spend on sounddeadening.