JPx7

Got my Icon in the mail today.

So excited that my Icon is finally here. When I picked up the box I noticed it was a little roughed up so I thought I would take pics just to be cautious and let you guys know. The bottom of the box was about to bust open so I made sure I got pics before I opened it, and then when I opened it the sub was out of place a little bit. I don't think any major damage was caused to the sub, I noticed a few scratches but nothing serious from what I could tell.

I'll post some pics of the packaging, and let me know if there are any spots in particular that i should look for damage on the sub.

packaging.jpg

packaging3.jpg

pakcaging1.jpg

:wub:

Before you install and apply power, gently push down on the center of the cone listen for any scratching / rubbing sounds (just to make sure nothing shifted in alignment.)

I need some ass shots!

:wub:

Before you install and apply power, gently push down on the center of the cone listen for any scratching / rubbing sounds (just to make sure nothing shifted in alignment.)

^^this....

I need some ass shots!

and ^^this...

What the heck, did they play hockey with it?

I need some ass shots!

iconpic.jpg

iconpci.jpg

Beautiful. I believe you are the first person to snag and official production Icon. So you can think of that as Icon 12 #1. ;)

I need some ass shots!

iconpic.jpg

iconpci.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

#1! woo! Nice sub ;)

Holy cow that is some roughed up shipping!! I hate when the drivers just throw the packages around, really really ercks me!! Anyways, have fun with that thing!

UPS at it again. My Xcon looked worse when it arrived.

001-1.jpg

The driver was flipping it over and over from the back of the truck, to the driver's compartment. I heard the whole thing from my door. THUMP.....THUMP.......THUMP....THUMP

UPS at it again. My Xcon looked worse when it arrived.

001-1.jpg

The driver was flipping it over and over from the back of the truck, to the driver's compartment. I heard the whole thing from my door. THUMP.....THUMP.......THUMP....THUMP

:WTFBubble:

My UPS driver knows what I order and is gentle with everything. He calls me when he gets something destinedfor my house and asks if I want to take it off the truck or if he can. Lol

Y'all lucky dogs though. I can't wait to get mine!

i might get trashed for this, but it needs to be said.

first off i tested the first gen icon, and loved it, and i am sure the products are still as great as they were back then.

testing subs for my own personal satisfaction is what i am about. i do not work for any audio company, nor am i sponsored by any company.

i have had in the past 5 + years close too 60 different subs in my possession, so i have a large amount of subs shipped too my house.

i do not know what is ssa's destruction rate on shipments, and even if it is low i understand business philosophy, and if the cost of beefing up packaging is greater than the rate of product being damaged in shipping, then you do nothing about packaging.

But the packaging shown in those pics, whether damage rates or low or not is a massive fail in my opinion.

But the packaging shown in those pics, whether damage rates or low or not is a massive fail in my opinion.

I agree and thought the same thing when I received my sub back in August. But since then, it appears that they are taking steps to improve the packaging. The OP's was a lot more protected than mine was. There is progress.

I've seen pictures of enclosures that were destroyed by forklifts, if UPS isn't gentle with packages, no amount of protection will save a package, its lucky to get a box that isn't beaten up.

I've seen pictures of enclosures that were destroyed by forklifts, if UPS isn't gentle with packages, no amount of protection will save a package, its lucky to get a box that isn't beaten up.

In a nutshell UPS doesn't really care about our packages and you should cross your fingers when shipping or ordering something.

I use USPS since I live in Hawaii and all 3 of my sundown subs arrived in battered boxes with the Styrofoam all broken but luckily none of the subs were damaged. I figure in the shipping process it goes through so many hands that it's destined to get beat up.

On another note that's a very good looking sub.

Edited by B_I_B

just got my xcon yesterday and was lucky it didn't arrive like that..

I received one Icon and 3 xcons from SSA. delivered by USPS (3 to 4 weeks of shipping) or UPS (1 week).

They were in perfect conditions, strongly packaged.

And I live overseas, in the Caribbeans !

Same thing for my btl.

Maybe I'm lucky !

I cross my fingers for the btl 15 I am waiting for !

And I live overseas

To put that little effort into packing a sub that cost that much is ridiculous.

Everyone who ships anything regularly knows what kind of stress it is put through so it is up to the shipper to package it properly. The Carrier putting a forklift through a box is totally different!

I own a moving business and we specialize in Packing and Crating and it is not too difficult, time consuming or cost too much to package something properly.

Shame that it is like this sometimes. There are so many trade offs. The Zcon's are crated, and that adds a lot of weight. Which, in turn, could raise the drop or damage probability. In a way you kind of can't win.