16 members have voted

1. 1. Which for 900.00?

• Crescendo BC5500
    • Sundown 4500D

I can get both amps BNIB for ~900.00 shipped. of the two which would you pick?

I know you would automatically think the BC5500 because of the 1000 rms difference, but based on clamp results, I've seen Sundown amps do very close to this at 1ohm.

FWIW my mids and highs amps are Sundown and it would be nice to match BUT it's not the end all be all of my decision as they won't be seen.

this is not a VS thread, I know they are both stout amps, this is more of a poll to tip the scales as I'm pretty much even in my decision and it would be nice to get some fresh perspectives and maybe others will know something that I don't about each amp.

:morepower1:

Build quality is better on the Sundown.

Minus well keep it all Sundown unless the Nendo was cheaper.

Cresendo with .5 warranty added FTW

Edited by Fearz

They no longer have that warranty.

They no longer have that warranty.

I think you can add it on. They let me do it for my 2k. It was $75 bucks for my 2k

So the power difference isn't an issue between the two correct?

I wouldn't think it would be audible

Edited by Fearz

I love my crescendo but for matching amps I'd go with the sundown. I'm about to do the same with the crescendo 1100.4

OK. I'm getting Sundown would be the way to go over this Crescedo so far. but can anyone tell me why they are choosing a 4500 wrms amp vs a 5500 watt one?

tbh its probably one of two things.

a. for the matching amps

b. sundown is followed more on this site. Any car audio forum you go to will flow towards certain brands.

Now don't take that as a knock against sundown. They obviously make great products.

I've never thought the Z v3 could handle so much power ? Wow !

The Crescendo amp must be way cheaper, and put out 1000 w more.

But I like my Sundown amps :ughdunno:

I would take the Sundown as it has already been a proven performer and comes from a well established company plus it matches your existing amplifiers.

I would take the Sundown as it has already been a proven performer and comes from a well established company plus it matches your existing amplifiers.

If it falls within the same price point you are wanting I would agree with this ^^^

I've never thought the Z v3 could handle so much power ? Wow !

But I like my Sundown amps :ughdunno:

Stock they may handle it. However to be better protected thermally for my usage Jacob will be putting in the long nightshade v2 coils in them. The increase in Bl wouldn't hurt either lol

If it falls within the same price point you are wanting I would agree with this ^^^

Thanks! I'll be getting the sundown

They are the same amps and same buildhouse, Jacob discontinued the amp for that reason resulting in him tooling/designing all of his amps now. People copying the success of the saz-4500 and putting a 5000 or 5500 model number on the case, this has been discussed on multiple threads on multiple forums showing the amps performing similar.

Just to be different.... Crescendo!!

But really I'd go for the sundown ;)

I know you would automatically think the BC5500 because of the 1000 rms difference, but based on clamp results, I've seen Sundown amps do very close to this at 1ohm.

Clamp results are generally useless.

Crescendo is sold directly from Crescendo. Sundown is sold through dealers, which means more margin. Just because the Crescendo is the same price but 1kw more powerful (rated power) doesn't necessarily mean it's a cheaper amp from a build quality perspective.

They are the same amps and same buildhouse, Jacob discontinued the amp for that reason resulting in him tooling/designing all of his amps now. People copying the success of the saz-4500 and putting a 5000 or 5500 model number on the case, this has been discussed on multiple threads on multiple forums showing the amps performing similar.

I think it'd be a little difficult to say companies were "copying" Sundown if they were both simply ordering the same OEM board from the same buildhouse. That's what buildhouses do, that's their business....selling the same OEM boards to different companies. More than one company buys that board from the buildhouse. That's how they make their money.

i love my 4500d... so much im thinking to grab another just to hold it.

and the Z3s are beast. guy i know just picked up a NS1 for his Z3's

The CA seems to be pretty solid.... But I don't know alot so don't listen to me.... :peepwall:

Well, for what its worth guys I'm getting the sundown. I figure I can get the sane power and have my amps match. It's a win win for me. Only think not sundown in my build now is the batteries and wire Haha..