Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Is that not AWD?

Nope RWD on street tires :)

No matter what your choice I'd be interested in adding some superfeet or custom insoles. I don't in all my shoes, but all the ones I am going to walk a lot in. Well worth the $50.I've NEVER seen an athletic shoe with good arch support. I don't mean in the store, I mean in real life. I can break those down in a couple good walks.

I know I'm late to the discussion on this, But, you never want arch support. In reality, all you NEED is a sole that is tough enough for the terrain you are walking on, no heel and room for your toes to spread out. Most of the time a slab of leather is all you need. Off road good thin rubber is good for added traction.

However, good luck finding shoes like that. Merrel Trail Floves fit the bill, Vibram Five Fingers and the Altra shoe lines looks good. For boots/ dress shoes good luck, bunch of hippies making weak stuff I would expect to last for a couple months.

Ha. That is FUNNY. We aren't talking about running or walking, but living. Minimalistic shoes are TERRIBLE for standing in. Find for developing muscles and such where you should need them, but for what we mostly do we aren't moving and on shitty surfaces. For that you better support your feet otherwise when you get older you won't be happy.

spent another day in the hospital

What happened??

Hope you are ok?

damn migrane.  luckily first time in over a year.  Had a ear ache due to a cold front moving through and yesterday I had a little neck pain.  Figured I just slept on it wrong.  This morning I couldn't move ny neck and the pain had traveled to the above my ear.  I figured my ear drum may have popped or something.  They did a cat scan and said my septum looked good and it was just a migraine.  Still have a good of pain above my ear left of my frontal lobe but it's 100 times bettter than this morning.  They gave me triamazame (sp?) benadryle and valium  so far  I in decent condition besides it feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat

Dang that sux Quentin- hope you feel better soon.

I'm really glad it is "just" a migraine. Those affect us HOPers too much.

It must be a disorder for the overly handsome and smart type.

This one was pretty damn bad. MRI looked good. Taking about 4 different meds. Maybe the pain will go away tomorrow

The family of a Duson woman kidnapped earlier in the week tracked down and killed her alleged abductor Friday, authorities said.

Police said Bethany Arceneaux, 29, was kidnapped Wednesday by Scott Thomas, the father of her son. But it was family members who were tipped to an abandoned house near Anderson and Fieldspan roads.

Family said they didn’t know what to expect when they showed up to the home early Friday. A half dozen of them converged on the house, kicked down the door and found her inside, bloodied and repeatedly stabbed.
Edited by lithium

Mission accomplished, haha

1st passnull_zps540d8c6c.jpg

do you have the auto or manual trans? Great job though, i bet with more seat time you could do even better.

No matter what your choice I'd be interested in adding some superfeet or custom insoles. I don't in all my shoes, but all the ones I am going to walk a lot in. Well worth the $50.I've NEVER seen an athletic shoe with good arch support. I don't mean in the store, I mean in real life. I can break those down in a couple good walks.

I know I'm late to the discussion on this, But, you never want arch support. In reality, all you NEED is a sole that is tough enough for the terrain you are walking on, no heel and room for your toes to spread out. Most of the time a slab of leather is all you need. Off road good thin rubber is good for added traction.

However, good luck finding shoes like that. Merrel Trail Floves fit the bill, Vibram Five Fingers and the Altra shoe lines looks good. For boots/ dress shoes good luck, bunch of hippies making weak stuff I would expect to last for a couple months.

I rarely find a reason to disagree with you, but as someone with horribly pronated feet I MUST have arch support. My feet are so flat that when I walk barefoot my ankles twist and hurt. It causes me to walk funny which creates pain in my hips and lower back. If I don't use arch support I get leg cramps as well. Another issue for me is the way my arch rolls over the inside of a shoe with no support. I used to go through a set of shoes every month at work... it wasn't from the sole collapsing, but from the inside of my arch rolling the leather over the arch of the sole and tearing the seams of the shoe. Yes, I was wearing wide shoes.

My wife used to laugh at how flat my feet were and how I walked when barefoot. Now she finds nothing comical about how awful my feet are.

For ages I used custom support. But about 5 years ago I found superfeet. Every shoe I own has superfeet in them.

In my case, with such extreme pronation, an arch support is essential. As far as those of you with even just decent arches, your situation may be different... but I will never personally know.

funny thing, when I don't have shoes with good support I end up walking on the outsides of my feet. I had a pair of DC shoes once (worst shoes ever) and couldn't stop walking on the outsides of my feet. It made my feet hurt, my knees hurt and even my hips at times. I need a good arch support or it just makes me walk funny and hurt quite a bit

spent another day in the hospital

What happened??

Hope you are ok?

damn migrane.  luckily first time in over a year.  Had a ear ache due to a cold front moving through and yesterday I had a little neck pain.  Figured I just slept on it wrong.  This morning I couldn't move ny neck and the pain had traveled to the above my ear.  I figured my ear drum may have popped or something.  They did a cat scan and said my septum looked good and it was just a migraine.  Still have a good of pain above my ear left of my frontal lobe but it's 100 times bettter than this morning.  They gave me triamazame (sp?) benadryle and valium  so far  I in decent condition besides it feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat

Get well soon :)

Weather was good today and I took dad for a ride in the Miata, top-down. Haven't seen him so excited about a car ride ever :D

I'm really glad it is "just" a migraine. Those affect us HOPers too much.

It must be a disorder for the overly handsome and smart type.

Doubtful. I get them too.

I rarely find a reason to disagree with you, but as someone with horribly pronated feet I MUST have arch support. My feet are so flat that when I walk barefoot my ankles twist and hurt. It causes me to walk funny which creates pain in my hips and lower back. If I don't use arch support I get leg cramps as well. Another issue for me is the way my arch rolls over the inside of a shoe with no support. I used to go through a set of shoes every month at work... it wasn't from the sole collapsing, but from the inside of my arch rolling the leather over the arch of the sole and tearing the seams of the shoe. Yes, I was wearing wide shoes.

My wife used to laugh at how flat my feet were and how I walked when barefoot. Now she finds nothing comical about how awful my feet are.

For ages I used custom support. But about 5 years ago I found superfeet. Every shoe I own has superfeet in them.

In my case, with such extreme pronation, an arch support is essential. As far as those of you with even just decent arches, your situation may be different... but I will never personally know.

funny thing, when I don't have shoes with good support I end up walking on the outsides of my feet. I had a pair of DC shoes once (worst shoes ever) and couldn't stop walking on the outsides of my feet. It made my feet hurt, my knees hurt and even my hips at times. I need a good arch support or it just makes me walk funny and hurt quite a bit

Are you flat footed?

How stupid are people, really?

I am just browsing photobucket for the attention whores, and I never fail to be blown away by these people's naivete. First, are these stupid bitches really dumb enough to believe these photos will not haunt them for the rest of their lives? I am not complaining, mind you. Second, and likely the biggest deal... it kills me that these people are posting pictures of big bags of buds, and even nice sized grow rooms.

Seriously?

When I was much younger I had a grow room. I was always paranoid about getting caught. I worried about everything from bringing in supplies, to heat signatures, to energy cost increases. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever contemplate taking pictures of a room that would have me put away for a long time... and it was fairly impressive for the 80s.These dumbasses are photographing felony possession, growth, and distribution and posting it on the internet, complete with traceable IPs for the police to follow.

How stupid are people, really?

I am just browsing photobucket for the attention whores, and I never fail to be blown away by these people's naivete. First, are these stupid bitches really dumb enough to believe these photos will not haunt them for the rest of their lives? I am not complaining, mind you. Second, and likely the biggest deal... it kills me that these people are posting pictures of big bags of buds, and even nice sized grow rooms.

Seriously?

When I was much younger I had a grow room. I was always paranoid about getting caught. I worried about everything from bringing in supplies, to heat signatures, to energy cost increases. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever contemplate taking pictures of a room that would have me put away for a long time... and it was fairly impressive for the 80s.These dumbasses are photographing felony possession, growth, and distribution and posting it on the internet, complete with traceable IPs for the police to follow.

They're probably using their neighbor's wifi. :lol:

IMG_20131029_182652.jpg

Felony possession with intent anyone?

From what I have seen, the people who have the lowest arches are the ones that never go barefoot. From how I understand it, if you walk barefoot (and mid-foot/forefoot strike) you work the many muscles and tendons in your feet which ends up strengthening and tightening them. I've actually heard of people who started going "barefoot" and ended up loosing 2 shoe sizes as their feet developed an arch. On the flip side of that, my boss was talking about how his feet had a growth spurt in his older age. Ironically, it happened around the time he switched to a desk job.

Of course, everyone is different and you have probably spent more time then I have been alive figuring out what works for you. So not saying that going barefoot would solve your problems, but at least it's food for thought.

Also Matt2, I am 6'0" 230lbs so probably only about 35lbs overweight for my body type, but I also barely fit into a size 8. My feet measure under 9.5", so there is a lot of force on a small area. Also I have a right leg that is over 1/2" shorter than the right and a bone spur on my left foot from when I broke it years ago. With all of that I would never give up going "barefoot".

For me that means, outside of work I either don't wear shoes, wear my five fingers, or wear my Rainbow sandals (wish they had less padding lol). I also still wear my Nikes when my feet get tired/tweaked (because they still do) or my boots because I'm from Texas and I could never give that up :P