Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

A nice center locking wheels would look nice.

My problem is no matter what wheels I look at for nearly any car, this is the style of wheel I like more or less.

lexaniforged_lz002_custom.jpg

BMW wheels.

So, I am going to have some space for once and won't need all of it, so of course, I am thinking of a big woofer.  I still have yet to use my Gcon, and I really want to try an 18" Ethos.  I am afraid it will be a bit too much for me though.   The 8W7 I have in the Mark is enough to cause ear pain, so I can only surmise an 18 will be magnitudes more absurd.  What to do. . . . .

http://www.forgeline.com

They'll custom make any combination of whatever you can think of. A custom 3 piece will only set you back 4-5k

your idea of only and mine are a WEE bit different.

AC went out last week. Had a place come out and fix it. Get home today and it's 78 in the house, the fan is on but the air is luke warm. FUCK.

How many layers of 'glass do I need to lay down on a 2' x 3' work piece before I can remove it from the mold, add another few layers and not have to worry about warpage? I was thinking 3 ?

Our AC sucks because of the 50 year old furnace.

We need a new furnace, but getting a tune up every year is what it's come down to.

I hope it's a cheep fix for you. HVAC is always a PITA.

They'll custom make any combination of whatever you can think of. A custom 3 piece will only set you back 4-5k

your idea of only and mine are a WEE bit different.

Well if you figure a quality off the shelf 3 piece will run 3-4k and a good set of custom built race rims can run up to 25k, 5 k ain't too bad for a 3 piece rim custom built with the exact offset to fit you vehicle and brake setup.

So, I am going to have some space for once and won't need all of it, so of course, I am thinking of a big woofer. I still have yet to use my Gcon, and I really want to try an 18" Ethos. I am afraid it will be a bit too much for me though. The 8W7 I have in the Mark is enough to cause ear pain, so I can only surmise an 18 will be magnitudes more absurd. What to do. . . . .

The Ethos was designed to get a big ripple around tuning to compensate for cabin gain in the 40's and 50's range. Since the MMS is a bit heavy for the motor (it was made for the 15 Mms) Fo / vas ration is a bit off so to get ripple under 6 DB you'll want to tune between 25 and 30 hz

Personal preference is 4-5 feet tuned to 25. This gives 5db ripple at 40hz, F0 at 28.5 and F3 at 24.25hz

Or you could stick it in 10 feet tune to 20 with a 3db ripple at 29hz F0 at 22hz and F3 at 17.5 hz

So, I am going to have some space for once and won't need all of it, so of course, I am thinking of a big woofer. I still have yet to use my Gcon, and I really want to try an 18" Ethos. I am afraid it will be a bit too much for me though. The 8W7 I have in the Mark is enough to cause ear pain, so I can only surmise an 18 will be magnitudes more absurd. What to do. . . . .

The one that cost less and looks slick.

Not much to an AC. Is about the same as a refrigerator... compressor, fan, anolog or digital controller. A few sensors.

Only 4-5K, is that chump change to you guys lol?

Considering I just spent 2k on a two pieces of grade 50 steel with a threaded hole and a circular pattern of 1/2" clearance holes, 4-5k seems pretty reasonable on a set of custom wheels.  :)

Everything is relative. Just because something is a lot if money doesn't make it expensive. You don't go to Wolfgang's and say WHOA $100 for a steak? I can go to outback and get one for $10

Might buy the wife and daughter their own handguns to play with. She liked this one. Any thoughts?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/mosquito-purple.aspx

Arming the wife is never a good idea wink.png

Maybe that shot will jam and I can run wink.png

Such an optimist, bro... that's why we all appreciate ya.

Quite the change

Yeah, I don't really want it, but it's hard to refuse for the price.  Dealer quoted me $16,700 on trade and I'm paying a bit less than nine.  the numbers dictate buying.

Holy shit, my mom looked at one and it was over 40k

Yeah, the sticker on this was $33K 3 years ago.  Retail now is between 18-23.  Who in their right mind is paying that much for an Escape?  I don't get it.

Jumped into a 2014 Escape Hybrid today for an inspection... The interior was crazy. Ford is definitely going after a more high end feel. It was not really to my taste, as it was way too busy, but I could see the appeal. I was shocked to see the Eco-boost mated up with an IMA type "hybrid" assist CVT trans.

The explorer sport is one of the best interiors I have seen in a long time.

Not German or Japanese really. But it's own thing. Done well.

The thing is absurdly expensive though. And while not slow, it wasn't quick.

Might buy the wife and daughter their own handguns to play with. She liked this one. Any thoughts?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/mosquito-purple.aspx

Unlike other Sig pistols, I haven't heard many good things about the Mosquito.

I have been reading that, but also read that sig has redone this gun to help with the jamming issues in 2012.

I am not sure yet as I am going to look a little harder at the 1911-22.

Anything in .22 is a bad idea for reliability IMHO. But a 1911 with a .22 conversion makes a lot of sense from many perspectives. It would hold value and could be a decent sidearm.

With how hard .22 has been to find, and my experience with at least 1 in 500 rounds always being dead even from the best MFG it's only good for paper and plinking.

You said no one is going to carry so then any 22 will do. I would recommend a heavy bull barrel Ruger or similar. If you just want it for accuracy.

Meh... were I buying a .22 pistol it would be the PMR30 .22mag. My service manager has one and it is quite impressive...

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pmr-30/pistol/

Quite the change

Yeah, I don't really want it, but it's hard to refuse for the price.  Dealer quoted me $16,700 on trade and I'm paying a bit less than nine.  the numbers dictate buying.

Holy shit, my mom looked at one and it was over 40k

Yeah, the sticker on this was $33K 3 years ago.  Retail now is between 18-23.  Who in their right mind is paying that much for an Escape?  I don't get it.

Jumped into a 2014 Escape Hybrid today for an inspection... The interior was crazy. Ford is definitely going after a more high end feel. It was not really to my taste, as it was way too busy, but I could see the appeal. I was shocked to see the Eco-boost mated up with an IMA type "hybrid" assist CVT trans.

That's why I'm waiting to buy a new ST.  The 15 is supposed to have some enhancements in the drivetrain, programming, a Quaife, and not so crappy dash.

To some of us, our cars are more than cars.

Everything is relative. Just because something is a lot if money doesn't make it expensive. You don't go to Wolfgang's and say WHOA $100 for a steak? I can go to outback and get one for $10

It all comes down to quality. Quality in production, quality in design, and quality of your goals. If you want to sacrifice cost, you USUALLY have to sacrifice in one of those three areas.

The same can be said for women.

J

Matt going to look at rugers Thursday, I hope.

I have 9 buckets of 22 long rifle each bucket has 1700 in it. We went out black Friday and bought as many as we could. So I have plenty if ammo fir them to shoot.

Definitely not judging. And jealous that you have so much.

I admit my disdain for 22 pistols. But it would probably make me a better marksman.

The FIL has the Ruger and it's just one of the best pistols I have ever shot. 2nd most accurate.

The most accurate 5 rounds I ever shot was a 44 magnum. Must have been luck but I had 2 through one, one that was half a bullet width to the right and then 2 a 1/3 inch away.

.44 Magnum will make a man outta ya. It's funny hearing people complain of too much recoil or muzzle flip in regards to 9mm, .40S&W, or .45ACP. Pussies.

The 44magnum was like 30 pounds of revolver I bet. Makes it easy to steady up.

I had a 6" Anaconda and a 4" Python. Loved the Anaconda, but it was tiring to shoot. The Python is the best pistol I have ever shot. I wish I hadn't sold them both :(

I have 9 buckets of 22 long rifle each bucket has 1700 in it. We went out black Friday and bought as many as we could. So I have plenty if ammo fir them to shoot.

I admit my disdain for 22 pistols. But it would probably make me a better marksman.

The FIL has the Ruger and it's just one of the best pistols I have ever shot. 2nd most accurate.

The most accurate 5 rounds I ever shot was a 44 magnum. Must have been luck but I had 2 through one, one that was half a bullet width to the right and then 2 a 1/3 inch away.

.44 Magnum will make a man outta ya. It's funny hearing people complain of too much recoil or muzzle flip in regards to 9mm, .40S&W, or .45ACP. Pussies.

I used to blow off steam with .38SP in my .357. My buddy just bought his first gun, an M&P .40. I let him shoot the revolver and he asked why I had a "pussy gun." I loaded up the mag rounds and he quickly understood.

Love my M&P shield 9MM. Planning on grabbing up a .40 soon.

So seth, any thoughts/experience with current gen minivans? The Pentastar V6 doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews for reliability, and neither does the transmission in the Odyssey. The Sienna and Quest seem to be a good choice for a basic, boring, reliable people hauler.

The 44magnum was like 30 pounds of revolver I bet. Makes it easy to steady up.

I had a 6" Anaconda and a 4" Python. Loved the Anaconda, but it was tiring to shoot. The Python is the best pistol I have ever shot. I wish I hadn't sold them both sad.png

Especially considering the prices they fetch now.