Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The mighty Toyota Tacoma has been taken down a peg by a nasty little issue with the leaf spring suspension. Apparently it's liable to "fracture due to stress and corrosion," which can mean a pointy piece of metal will repeatedly ram into your truck's gas tank and spill its contents all over the road.

The voluntary recall is applies to 2005-2011 Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner trucks, approximating 690,000 vehicles all up. Toyota says they're mailing out warnings to owners, and dealerships will "remedy the condition" for free.

Can't believe you never saw the images of them coming apart.

Tacoma.jpg

Matt and Sean the only down side to a real lens made of glass and metal is lens condensation. My cheaper lens cleared up quickly, but this new one took a good 30 minutes.

So about an hour before I went out to shoot I would but my camera bag on the deck to get it up to the outside temp. The photographers on the ship told my that was common and they have a special room just for their equipment to minimize it for them.

Hmm, I've never had that problem with a Canon lens and have thrown it through Singapore and Northern MN temp swings

I did some looking and found articles about, most of them are on a cruise or resort in the tropical islands. I will link some later.

Or Florida.

Matt and Sean the only down side to a real lens made of glass and metal is lens condensation. My cheaper lens cleared up quickly, but this new one took a good 30 minutes.

So about an hour before I went out to shoot I would but my camera bag on the deck to get it up to the outside temp. The photographers on the ship told my that was common and they have a special room just for their equipment to minimize it for them.

Hmm, I've never had that problem with a Canon lens and have thrown it through Singapore and Northern MN temp swings

I did some looking and found articles about, most of them are on a cruise or resort in the tropical islands. I will link some later.

Or Florida.

Haven't had an issue down here yet.

J

Track bump stops next!

By the way, who ever poo poo'd on the race CAM's for the P5, I should slap you. ;)

Your zoom zoom even zoomier?

I have killer wheels with tires that are just bonkers, and the Tokico damping is adjusted very close to the Eibach spring rates.  So I have tremendous potential grip, but on high speed turns or short switchbacks, (with the lowered ride height) when the springs compress (even more so later in the runs as I learned about jacking down) that the bump stops are engaging too early with the lowered ride height, causing me to push hard.  Before you ask, no, I do not have time to correct with a big dose of the loud button.  ;)

As for the CAMS, yes, they really awoke the personality of the engine.  There is not much more power, but the power is pinch snappier, I can hang in 5th on a slow hill instead of down shifting, the power comes on better lower in the range, it doesn't feel as gassed at the top of the range and seems to climb just a pinch faster on the rev's.

6581d1364567051-ford-power-ignition-butt

Fun Fun on the 61 Plymouth Fury today.

IMAG0516.jpg

Drum puller

IMAG0519.jpg

Leaky seal

IMG_20140930_111913nopm.jpg

All cleaned up

IMAG0521.jpg

The inner seal lip had hardened over the years and was about 1mm larger than the shaft.

IMG_20140930_113722nopm.jpg

IMG_20140930_114519nopm.jpg

New seal pressed in

IMAG0524.jpg

Back together

IMAG0526.jpg

Aaron. Boost?

No boost.

Man in Dallas confirmed to have ebola. Aww Yiss!

meh.ro10876-455x341.jpg

The mighty Toyota Tacoma has been taken down a peg by a nasty little issue with the leaf spring suspension. Apparently it's liable to "fracture due to stress and corrosion," which can mean a pointy piece of metal will repeatedly ram into your truck's gas tank and spill its contents all over the road.

The voluntary recall is applies to 2005-2011 Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner trucks, approximating 690,000 vehicles all up. Toyota says they're mailing out warnings to owners, and dealerships will "remedy the condition" for free.

Can't believe you never saw the images of them coming apart.

Tacoma.jpg

This one's a different recall. Now they're ALL breaking!

Prototype testing up in TRF.  Pretty awesome stuff.

I'm going to a weird concert tonight.

Fleetwood Mac is playing across the street..... But I decided to.... Go my own way....

Aaaawwwwwweeeee yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

I'm listening to Swedish metal.

\m/

And whatnot

Most of my favorite metal bands are from Sweden.

Head and nose are peeling.

Haunt starts this Friday. Hoping for a good turn out this year, would love to finally get 10k people through this year.

Soooo frustrated after our soccer games tonight. We had a chance to win both games (a cup game and a league game or whatever). The ref was just a time keeper and nothing more. I got my feet taken out from under me as a girl slide tackled me (the only person between me and the goalie) with one minute left in a tie game and he called nothing. As I'm getting up the team went down and scored the winning goal. It really wouldn't be a huge deal except for the team was fill of a bunch of douches. Otherwise it would have been an awesome game.

/rant