Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Seth, do you have access to Mercedes schematics? I'm looking for the cylinder order for their OM642 3.0L V6 diesel engine. It's used in the Sprinter vans.

The dealership swapped out one of the glow plugs but I'm not sure if they did the right one...

Mercedes, yes. Sprinter no. What similar year and vehicle Mercedes (truck or car) will this be in?

FWIW the head that sits furthest forward will be bank 1.

Mercedes-Benz C320 CDI 2007+

Mercedes-Benz E280 & E320 CDI/Bluetec (2007-2009)

Thanks!

QCK4sMl.jpg

Vaper's tongue FTL. Having to wail on some Kringles Kurse juice to freshen my taste buds. I have been fucking with my Aqua trying to get the best wick and coil setup. It provides so much vapor and killer throat hit and it is too warm IMO, but it is lacking in flavor right now, and from what I have read it is supposed to be the king shit of tank attys. It is my lowest load build yet, coming in at .6 ohms. All this vape is laying my taste buds flat. I realized today that my Nimbus was tasting weak. I have that thing dialed in to the juices I am using in it (bubblegum and blueberry cotton candy). So that sucks. The Kringles is good, but not really amazing. I just want to get my buds back to where I can enjoy my sweet candy juices.

On a positive note, I got my switch magnets today for my Nemesis. They are factory silver plated magnets. Makes the switch actuation much more linear and smooth. It has almost zero mechanical feel to it. They are seriously strong little fuckers. I can set my Nemmy on the table with my Aqua (my heaviest atty) on it and it will not actuate the switch without the lock set. I have read you can stack the magnets to increase tension. I bought 3 sets, so if I decide to, I can. But for right now I am digging the short throw and tension the single mags provide. Plus, I know that they are so strong they can shatter if they snap together. Reassembling the switch with the magnets is a chore, I couldn't imagine trying to assemble it with additional tension.

What voltage do you use with the .6 ohm coil? 

My girls are moving their vape store in the unit next to my shop this weekend. I can see spending a lot of time(and money) over there!

You can't run below an ohm on variable voltage/variable wattage devices, the circuitry can't handle the current and will go into protect. You have to have a mechanical mod and high drain battery, so I am at the mercy of the battery. It is at 4 volts on average. But you need to be careful because if you over discharge the battery it will vent. The end result is usually missing fingers or hands, sometimes missing faces.

She wants to test drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. The motor options are 3.0L ECO-Diesel, 3.6L, 5.7L HEMI or 6.4L HEMI. Come's with a Harman-Kardon 19 speaker system. 

I can see skipping the hu in my next DD in favor of a dsp or tablet. I am sure everyone will have the formula/equipment dialed in by the time I am ready.

I was thinking about a cheap used laptop with broken screen, then attach a bigger non touch (cheaper) to the VGA output and mold it to the dash.

Tablets sound good tho. I am just too used to Windows.

Funny the Dodge premium system in the Durango is an Alpine. You would of thought they would of did the Harman-Kardon also. 

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_srt8_harman.htm

Not that the stereo is even close to a deciding factor. But being the wife won't let me upgrade, best to buy something adequate at least.

She wants to test drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. The motor options are 3.0L ECO-Diesel, 3.6L, 5.7L HEMI or 6.4L HEMI. Come's with a Harman-Kardon 19 speaker system. 

I work at a shop where we specialize in Jeeps, among other things (mostly imports). We do a shit ton of Jeeps. The boss decided he needed to specialize in something other than the import market some years back because there wasn't enough import work for growth. He chose Jeeps because of the high failure rate and what is normally a higher income bracket owner. You wouldn't believe the money these people spend on their vehicles.

FWIW the Hemis are 16 plug motors and use copper plugs. In other words, expect a 16 plug tune up every 30 thousand miles.

The Jeep is the one that had the most curb appeal to her, as the pickings that fit her criteria are pretty slim. I showed her everything from 4runners to m-class, and everything in between. NO way I would get the HEMI. Never thought I would say it but interested in the oil burner.

I have done some timing belts in the diesel Jeeps (believe it or not, the local dealership won't do them). Overall they seem to be decent engines. I had a TD Patriot in a few months ago with really bizarre communication issues. It ended up being a shorting wire, a really intermittent short.

I have done some timing belts in the diesel Jeeps (believe it or not, the local dealership won't do them). Overall they seem to be decent engines. I had a TD Patriot in a few months ago with really bizarre communication issues. It ended up being a shorting wire, a really intermittent short.

Who manufactures the diesel motor?

They are Jeeps, of course they suck.  

Unless its and old Willy's! Buick V6 and your good to go.

I've had to do to much work on a '00 Grand Cherokee with a botched security system install that caused weird electrical voodoo, and driving Dad's jeep back from Des Moines, IA I hate Jeeps.  

When the '00 would get to the wrong time of the month, it wouldn't start but if you pushed the brake pedal all the gauge needles would oscillate peg to peg in unison.  

All my outdoorsy friends have jeeps......

All of them replace the engine for an LS or an itty bitty diesel.

Dad's jeep is fine as long as I don't have to drive a fricking inch on a paved road.  

I'm leaning towards the Toshiba Qosmio x70.

It gets a bad wrap for overheating, but apparently all notebooks with the 770m do. I also read a review where it gets better FPS. Not that I really give a fuck, but more of a "future proofing" for the next couple years as software changes.

It comes with Photoshop and elements free.

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Questionable heat issues pumps enough heat it can make your mouse hand uncomfortable from some reviews

I will probably have to buy a regular adobe suite anyway

No SSD at the $1300 price

Up side is

Cheep for everything you get

17.3 for cheep and will help with photo work

Apparently really quiet

You really NEED a laptop? And if you do, you really NEED it for gaming?

Personally I feel if it isn't an Ultrabook, it is a waste of money.

I don't really need one for anything. My day however is about 8 hours of down time, and I would like to do something in that inactive time. The more I fill my day, the more successful I am. Especially if it's things I enjoy, or things that enrich me.

I'm not sure how to stay busy and entertained.

Get something portable, do something productive instead of gaming

I will probably end up taking some online class this year if I stay at my job. Even if I get the area manager position I will still be underutilized, and I am not getting interviews. I feel that it's mostly because of my lack of a degree.

Probably some kind of engineering as it's the only thing I can think of that would exercise my brain.

I did stumble onto a lead however. One of the girls in the company has a father who is loaded and runs a few companies. Apparently he always wants sales people, as long as they are willing to travel. His company is some importing company. It's probably nothing, but I'm sure as hell going to see if I can leverage something.

If you just want something to kill time and use your brain then learn to interpret spectra and identify compounds by IR and NMR, It's like sudoku laugh.png

I guess I'm biased though, chemistry is cool.

We make laser spectrometers for doing process analytics

Oh, I fucking LOVE my snowmobile. Rode 160mi this week so far. So fucking awesome. Power is there to pull the skis all the way to 70 and weight transfer front to back & side to side is easy and instantaneous. Valving & clutching are nailed and perfect with my track and suspension.
I'm jelly.

How did you end up breeding the brake's? For future reference.

Slowly. Used suction and standard procedures. Took at least 1.5hrs though. No place nearby had a syringe so I couldn't force feed them, but I WILL be buying one at Fleet Farm the next time I go.

I only see one option there. Includes SRT badges

I can see skipping the hu in my next DD in favor of a dsp or tablet. I am sure everyone will have the formula/equipment dialed in by the time I am ready.

I was thinking about a cheap used laptop with broken screen, then attach a bigger non touch (cheaper) to the VGA output and mold it to the dash.

Tablets sound good tho. I am just too used to Windows.

I would MUCH prefer windows. Just need to make sure that I can put in a decent GUI and use maps & bluetooth.

Who manufactures the diesel motor?

IIRC it is a corporate compilation of ideas headed by Fiat and Mercedes.

Games are the cheepest entertainment for me Sean. My schedule doesn't let me do much else right now.

On top of that my physical issues do slow me down. Anyway, I agree, being productive would be nice.

If I could find a 15" with a lot of grunt, I would be happy. I'm not going to buy something that won't kill photo editing.

Anyway you are right productivity > entertainment but I need more ballance.