Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I will say I don't use the tiles screen much, but the swipe gestures for apps is pretty sweet.

I can't stand a laptop without those

I'm leaning towards the Toshiba Qosmio x70.

It gets a bad wrap for overheating, but apparently all notebooks with the 770m do. I also read a review where it gets better FPS. Not that I really give a fuck, but more of a "future proofing" for the next couple years as software changes.

It comes with Photoshop and elements free.

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Questionable heat issues pumps enough heat it can make your mouse hand uncomfortable from some reviews

I will probably have to buy a regular adobe suite anyway

No SSD at the $1300 price

Up side is

Cheep for everything you get

17.3 for cheep and will help with photo work

Apparently really quiet

You really NEED a laptop? And if you do, you really NEED it for gaming?

Personally I feel if it isn't an Ultrabook, it is a waste of money.

It gets a bad wrap for overheating, but apparently all notebooks with the 770m do. I also read a review where it gets better FPS. Not that I really give a fuck, but more of a "future proofing" for the next couple years as software changes.

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Questionable heat issues pumps enough heat it can make your mouse hand uncomfortable from some reviews

Up side is

Apparently really quiet

I don't really need one for anything. My day however is about 8 hours of down time, and I would like to do something in that inactive time. The more I fill my day, the more successful I am. Especially if it's things I enjoy, or things that enrich me.

I'm not sure how to stay busy and entertained.

I will probably end up taking some online class this year if I stay at my job. Even if I get the area manager position I will still be underutilized, and I am not getting interviews. I feel that it's mostly because of my lack of a degree.

Probably some kind of engineering as it's the only thing I can think of that would exercise my brain.

I did stumble onto a lead however. One of the girls in the company has a father who is loaded and runs a few companies. Apparently he always wants sales people, as long as they are willing to travel. His company is some importing company. It's probably nothing, but I'm sure as hell going to see if I can leverage something.

Sometimes I feel like a Lamborghini that can only drive in 15 yards back and forth.

:-)

I will probably end up taking some online class this year if I stay at my job. Even if I get the area manager position I will still be underutilized, and I am not getting interviews. I feel that it's mostly because of my lack of a degree.

Probably some kind of engineering as it's the only thing I can think of that would exercise my brain.

I did stumble onto a lead however. One of the girls in the company has a father who is loaded and runs a few companies. Apparently he always wants sales people, as long as they are willing to travel. His company is some importing company. It's probably nothing, but I'm sure as hell going to see if I can leverage something.

If you just want something to kill time and use your brain then learn to interpret spectra and identify compounds by IR and NMR, It's like sudoku laugh.png

I guess I'm biased though, chemistry is cool.

Edited by ssh

Seth, do you have access to Mercedes schematics? I'm looking for the cylinder order for their OM642 3.0L V6 diesel engine. It's used in the Sprinter vans.

The dealership swapped out one of the glow plugs but I'm not sure if they did the right one...

Mercedes, yes. Sprinter no. What similar year and vehicle Mercedes (truck or car) will this be in?

FWIW the head that sits furthest forward will be bank 1.

Mercedes-Benz C320 CDI 2007+

Mercedes-Benz E280 & E320 CDI/Bluetec (2007-2009)

Thanks!

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Up side is

Apparently really quiet

I don't really need one for anything. My day however is about 8 hours of down time, and I would like to do something in that inactive time. The more I fill my day, the more successful I am. Especially if it's things I enjoy, or things that enrich me.

Pay a little more and get probably one of the best gaming laptops for the price. I had the older generation with a gtx 665 and it literally could play anything. The heat comes out of the back so it doesn't melt your swimmers, and the keypad doesn't get too terribly toasty either.

Asus 750JX-DB71

AND thunderbolt ftw
Edited by Julian

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Up side is

Apparently really quiet

Pay a little more and get probably one of the best gaming laptops for the price. I had the older generation with a gtx 665 and it literally could play anything. The heat comes out of the back so it doesn't melt your swimmers, and the keypad doesn't get too terribly toasty either.

Asus 750JX-DB71

AND thunderbolt ftw

It can stop a bullet too!

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Up side is

Apparently really quiet

Asus 750JX-DB71

AND thunderbolt ftw

It can stop a bullet too!

It probably could

If weight is an issue I would not get a gaming laptop. 

The Razer Blade is probably the thinnest/lightest but it carries a 1999 price tag.

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade

The only downsides are

17.3 inch is huge

Up side is

Apparently really quiet

I have had two Toshiba's now. The one I currently own is 3.5 years old. It boots slowly but is also bogged down by programs and pictures. It was a midline laptop when i got it.

The other one. I had for 2 years. It only got put down because the screen broke. The rest remained intact.

It was wrapped in clothes in a backpack.

The backpack was run over and destoyed

By a plane.

J

Does he need people in Tampa?

:D

J

How long can I wait for a dude to ship me something paid with PayPal, before the money can't be returned with a complaint?

How long can I wait for a dude to ship me something paid with PayPal, before the money can't be returned with a complaint?

I believe 60 days but am not positive. PayPal will almost always favor the buyer though, especially if the seller wont respond.

new car. cruisin' for grannys if anyone want to come lol

photobucket-26839-1391200489299_zps27894

Wife's G-ma owns one of those. I drive whenever I am with her. Not a bad ride. She is leaving the car to me when she kills over. :P

Thanks, J

And for the Alpine box too, I forgot. smile.png

No worries brother. We are all here to help each other. 

Oh, I fucking LOVE my snowmobile. Rode 160mi this week so far. So fucking awesome. Power is there to pull the skis all the way to 70 and weight transfer front to back & side to side is easy and instantaneous. Valving & clutching are nailed and perfect with my track and suspension.

I'm jelly.

How did you end up breeding the brake's? For future reference.

Vaper's tongue FTL. Having to wail on some Kringles Kurse juice to freshen my taste buds. I have been fucking with my Aqua trying to get the best wick and coil setup. It provides so much vapor and killer throat hit and it is too warm IMO, but it is lacking in flavor right now, and from what I have read it is supposed to be the king shit of tank attys. It is my lowest load build yet, coming in at .6 ohms. All this vape is laying my taste buds flat. I realized today that my Nimbus was tasting weak. I have that thing dialed in to the juices I am using in it (bubblegum and blueberry cotton candy). So that sucks. The Kringles is good, but not really amazing. I just want to get my buds back to where I can enjoy my sweet candy juices.

On a positive note, I got my switch magnets today for my Nemesis. They are factory silver plated magnets. Makes the switch actuation much more linear and smooth. It has almost zero mechanical feel to it. They are seriously strong little fuckers. I can set my Nemmy on the table with my Aqua (my heaviest atty) on it and it will not actuate the switch without the lock set. I have read you can stack the magnets to increase tension. I bought 3 sets, so if I decide to, I can. But for right now I am digging the short throw and tension the single mags provide. Plus, I know that they are so strong they can shatter if they snap together. Reassembling the switch with the magnets is a chore, I couldn't imagine trying to assemble it with additional tension.

What voltage do you use with the .6 ohm coil? 

My girls are moving their vape store in the unit next to my shop this weekend. I can see spending a lot of time(and money) over there!

Seth, do you have access to Mercedes schematics? I'm looking for the cylinder order for their OM642 3.0L V6 diesel engine. It's used in the Sprinter vans.

The dealership swapped out one of the glow plugs but I'm not sure if they did the right one...

Mercedes, yes. Sprinter no. What similar year and vehicle Mercedes (truck or car) will this be in?

FWIW the head that sits furthest forward will be bank 1.

Mercedes-Benz C320 CDI 2007+

Mercedes-Benz E280 & E320 CDI/Bluetec (2007-2009)

Thanks!

QCK4sMl.jpg

I can see skipping the hu in my next DD in favor of a dsp or tablet. I am sure everyone will have the formula/equipment dialed in by the time I am ready.

The wife is starting to look at new ride's so looks like my next vehicle will be her '06 Xterra. I am already planning the sound system upgrades. :P