Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The best was the delay as the color rolled out of his face and then he smirked. She did the same. Regrettably I never did get to cream in her coffee.

Portal axles are awesome; especially the whacky homebrew stuff people whip up

Yes indeed, biggish lift while keeping the stock suspension. 

MF'ing photobucket, I can't upload a photo. It says I need to log in first, although I'm logged in. 

More parts arrived, still missing the rear shifter and chainring / cranks but I can do without them since this is an overhaul and upgrade at one time. 

IMG_4062_1.jpg

Brakes are Deore LX, shifters are Deore LX, same vintage as mine (couldn't pass up a new lever + shifter combo for 1 euro). 

Today should have been the day I change the chain and rear cassette but the bike shop didn't have the remover tool so now I have to shop around for one :(

I just worked out my mileage with the bike and I did a little over 1000 miles since I got it almost a year ago. 

And that's only counting going to work, to the gym and typical Sunday grocery shopping. 

Hate to be a ball buster, but here goes.

I was going to order some more protein powder from TrueNutrition, until I saw how much they charged for shipping. 16 bucks for 5 lbs. of powder. The reason I'm bringing this up:

1.) That's nearily thrice what BB.com charges. Obviously it differs for quantity. For shits and giggles I tried an experiment and they'll ship 6 10 lb. tubs of powder for $15. They'll also ship 6 4 lb. or 5 lb. tubs for $13. However, even at the low end of the scale, a single 4 or 5 pound tub will ship for $6.

2.) With shipping, it comes out to 43 dollars for 5 lbs., and this isn't even whey. It's 40% Rice, 40% Gemma Pea, 10% Dextrose, 10% Maltodextrin. 5 lb. tubs of 100% whey are readily available for roughly the same amount from BB.com.

Edited by Penguin4x4

I was going to order some more protein powder from TrueNutrition, until I saw how much they charged for shipping. 16 bucks for 5 lbs. of powder. The reason I'm bringing this up:

1.) That's nearily thrice what BB.com charges. Obviously it differs for quantity. For shits and giggles I tried an experiment and they'll ship 6 10 lb. tubs of powder for $15. They'll also ship 6 4 lb. or 5 lb. tubs for $13. However, even at the low end of the scale, a single 4 or 5 pound tub will ship for $6.

2.) With shipping, it comes out to 43 dollars for 5 lbs., and this isn't even whey. It's 40% Rice, 40% Gemma Pea, 10% Dextrose, 10% Maltodextrin. 5 lb. tubs of 100% whey are readily available for roughly the same amount from BB.com.

Are you also factoring in that the 5lbs from TN is a TRUE 5 lbs of protein THEN your flavors, sweeteners etc. are added in? Also is this your price after using the discount code JNR490 displayed in my signature?

Gotta remember that extra weight can really add up. Additionally the ingredients are from much more reliable sources  than many 'big box' company's BB sells. 

Would you buy tires from Wal Mart for a Ferrari just because they looked the same?

J

Are you also factoring in that the 5lbs from TN is a TRUE 5 lbs of protein THEN your flavors, sweeteners etc. are added in? Also is this your price after using the discount code JNR490 displayed in my signature?

Gotta remember that extra weight can really add up. Additionally the ingredients are from much more reliable sources  than many 'big box' company's BB sells. 

Would you buy tires from Wal Mart for a Ferrari just because they looked the same?

J

A Goodyear from WalMart is the same as a Goodyear from the Tire Rack.

Honestly, when I went to purchase from them, I did not because of the high shipping as well.  It was $18 for a tub with 3lbs of powder.

Yes, that includes the discount.

Even factoring those into account, it still does not add up. For comparison, I went back to TN.com and made the same mix: 40% Gemma Pea, 40% Rice, 10% Maltodextrin, 10% Dextrose, Premium Dutch Chocolate Fudge. This time, however, I put in 50 lbs. Applied discount.

Rst6z1C.png

Back to BB.com. Take any random 5 lb. tub of powder. Adjust the quantity to ten units, for 50 lbs. total. Also seems to work with five 10 lbs. tubs.

n9JJHkE.png

H37JLY9.png

J

A Goodyear from WalMart is the same as a Goodyear from the Tire Rack.

Honestly, when I went to purchase from them, I did not because of the high shipping as well.  It was $18 for a tub with 3lbs of powder.

Which means they lost at least two sales because of shipping costs.

Edited by Penguin4x4

My favorite whey is from the Now brand. Whey isolate unflavored or regular whey flavored ~80shipped for 10lbs on Amazon.

oh. my. gawd.

Nick Diaz vs GSP march 16th. It's been a while since i've gotten a group of guys together and payed to watch a UFC fight. I think i'ts time.

More parts arrived, still missing the rear shifter and chainring / cranks but I can do without them since this is an overhaul and upgrade at one time. 

IMG_4062_1.jpg

Brakes are Deore LX, shifters are Deore LX, same vintage as mine (couldn't pass up a new lever + shifter combo for 1 euro). 

Today should have been the day I change the chain and rear cassette but the bike shop didn't have the remover tool so now I have to shop around for one sad.png

Other than the lack of being rebuildable LX stuff is bombproof.  Google DIY Chainwhip if you can't find one locally....oh, and how the fuck can a local bike store not have one?  Takes .2 seconds to do and even if you only buy a new tube there they should do it for free.

No, but I wouldn't put fake tires on my Ferrari either. Protein for me comes in the form of meat, nuts, and the like.

Even factoring those into account, it still does not add up. For comparison, I went back to TN.com and made the same mix: 40% Gemma Pea, 40% Rice, 10% Maltodextrin, 10% Dextrose, Premium Dutch Chocolate Fudge. This time, however, I put in 50 lbs. Applied discount.

Rst6z1C.png

Back to BB.com. Take any random 5 lb. tub of powder. Adjust the quantity to ten units, for 50 lbs. total. Also seems to work with five 10 lbs. tubs.

n9JJHkE.png

H37JLY9.png

Gatdamn that's a lotta protein

I only buy 5 lbs. at a time. :lol: Just demonstrating the differences in shipping costs between the two sites.

I only buy 5 lbs. at a time. laugh.png Just demonstrating the differences in shipping costs between the two sites.

Coulda played it off as high roller. $500 on protein--ROFL.

IMG_4062_1.jpg

Today should have been the day I change the chain and rear cassette but the bike shop didn't have the remover tool so now I have to shop around for one sad.png

Other than the lack of being rebuildable LX stuff is bombproof.  Google DIY Chainwhip if you can't find one locally....oh, and how the fuck can a local bike store not have one?  Takes .2 seconds to do and even if you only buy a new tube there they should do it for free.

It's not the chainwhip, I can handle DIY'ing one, it's the splined too which I'm missing :(

LX shifters look a lot like what I have, I'm starting to think that the previous owner already changed them and kept the original handlebar mounts.

The derailleurs on mine are excellent and as far as I can tell from service manuals, not much of a difference between mine and LX of the same era.

I've got three different splined tools. Doesn't help you much. Doh

I only buy 5 lbs. at a time. laugh.png Just demonstrating the differences in shipping costs between the two sites.

Coulda played it off as high roller. $500 on protein--ROFL.

I mentioned the high shipping cosy at TN.com b4... the fckin jug is insane lol ... I still have one empty so I'll be ordering the bags and putting them in instead ...;-)

522651_458934564177673_2064162259_n_zps1

Doesn't work in my family. All the women can open any jar out there :P

On bad days I can't even lift a jar.

Costco has bags of 100% whey for under 50 bucks for 6 pounds...... 49.99 probably. But maybe less. I can't find a better deal.